Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Harbor Freight Weatherproof Cases

warren0728

has anyone used the pelican case knockoffs from harbor freight? website says they a watertight and dust-tight but of course doesn't mention if they are smell proof!

i'm looking for a solution to take a couple vapes, batteries/charger, etc. to festivals/camping.

any insight would be appreciated including alternative options.

thanks

has anyone used the pelican case knockoffs from harbor freight?
If you don't need the case to be plastic.... this might be an alternative. It's a fairly good size and lockable.

Our LockBoxes have a Lifetime Warranty and are domestically produced in the US. As a long time user of these type of cases from many different brands for over 15-20 years, the most common thing to fail is the latch. I've had to replace the latches on another brand case (1200 Model) and it was not an easy task. The customer support were happy to send out replacement latches but installing them was another obstacle. Something to keep in mind if you are considering the investment in this type of case. What I can tell you is that the latches on our LockBoxes are easy to install and remove should they fail. Some manufacturers have also moved their production out of the US who were producing here initially.

As far as smell proof, you have to keep in mind that many of these cases have automatic/built-in purge valves which will burp with elevation/pressure changes, so consider keeping what is stored inside also protected to lock in odor. Might be smell proof to humans but dogs may also detect what is inside, so don't think these offer any type of immunity from K9 Law Enforcement. Some states no longer have new K9s trained to hit on cannabis (using beta-caryophellene oxide as the terpene to alert upon) but it really depends on where you are and also how long the K9 has been working in terms of training.

Keep your flowers and gear in the trunk and never consent to a search or surrender your rights to a search. If law enforcement has probable cause to search, they won't ask for permission, they'll just conduct the search. Stay safe out there folks.

If you don't need the case to be plastic.... this might be an alternative. It's a fairly good size and lockable.

these are cool but i want all foam and something a little larger!

Our LockBoxes have a Lifetime Warranty and are domestically produced in the US. As a long time user of these type of cases from many different brands for over 15-20 years, the most common thing to fail is the latch. I've had to replace the latches on another brand case (1200 Model) and it was not an easy task. The customer support were happy to send out replacement latches but installing them was another obstacle. Something to keep in mind if you are considering the investment in this type of case. What I can tell you is that the latches on our LockBoxes are easy to install and remove should they fail. Some manufacturers have also moved their production out of the US who were producing here initially.

As far as smell proof, you have to keep in mind that many of these cases have automatic/built-in purge valves which will burp with elevation/pressure changes, so consider keeping what is stored inside also protected to lock in odor. Might be smell proof to humans but dogs may also detect what is inside, so don't think these offer any type of immunity from K9 Law Enforcement. Some states no longer have new K9s trained to hit on cannabis (using beta-caryophellene oxide as the terpene to alert upon) but it really depends on where you are and also how long the K9 has been working in terms of training.

Keep your flowers and gear in the trunk and never consent to a search or surrender your rights to a search. If law enforcement has probable cause to search, they won't ask for permission, they'll just conduct the search. Stay safe out there folks.
those look good but i think i need something a little larger ... not deeper but larger width and length

those look good but i think i need something a little larger ... not deeper but larger width and length
Thanks for checking them out. The widest & longest is the 2#, 2.5# is the same lid on a deeper base. What kind of length/width are you looking for?

Thanks for checking them out. The widest & longest is the 2#, 2.5# is the same lid on a deeper base. What kind of length/width are you looking for?
looks like around 15" x 20" ... or i guess something with similar square inches

i tried to compress what i would normally take to festivals and such (this is the main purpose of the case) and i just couldn't get it down small enough to fit your case :-(

i ended going with the harbor freight apache 2800 case ...

they had a 25% memorial day coupon so i couldn't pass it up ... hopefully it works out ok ... if not i'm only out $24!

thanks for the help folks : )

I have that model and it is excellent, even has a rolling/work tray in it and no smell!
$24 is cheap as chips @warren0728...hard to pass up at that price...my Herbguard was about twice that!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back