Vapor Accessory Addict
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups
- Stand Mixer or hand mixer
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment Paper
- 1/2 cup unsalted cannabutter or regular butter at room temp
- 1/4 cup cannabis sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried figs, stems removed finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried and pitted dates finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice freshly squeezed if possible2
- 1/3 cup candied orange peel diced up finely
- 2 tbsp cannabis sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup blanced almonds
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup sprinkles if desired!
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cannabutter (or regular butter) on medium-high speed using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until combined. Add the egg and vanilla and blend just until incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again for a few seconds. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the dough in three additions, mixing on low to incorporate.
- Divide the dough in half and form each into a small rectangle. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine the figs, dates, orange juice, candied orange peel, sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes or until fruit is soft and the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat and add the chopped blanched almonds and 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, if using. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap once cooled until needed.
- To assemble and bake the cookies, preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes before rolling out.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a clean work surface. Generously dust the paper with flour. Roll one portion of the dough into a 10×8-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into two 10×4-inch strips. Portion 1/4 of the filling down the center of each strip (in a rounded mound). CHILL the dough and filling as is for 10-15 minutes before rolling into cylinders.
- Using the parchment paper as a guide, bring one long side of the dough up and over the filling. Repeat with the opposite side forming a tube and enclosing the filling. The dough should overlap slightly on top of the filling. Gently seal the edges.
- Carefully transfer the filled strips to the prepared baking sheet placing them seam side down on the pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and transfer to a cooling rack.
For The Lemon Icing or Glaze
- Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle on each cookie then top with colored sprinkles if desired.