Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow LED lighting

First plant down (the double headed one above). Looks like a bit under an oz, kinda larfy foxtailed buds, other plant should yield better. Got 74g (wet) of trim, saving til I harvest the rest to hash it.
ooc_small.jpg

2-2.jpg

I've been using these Mars Hydro SP-250's for 1 1/2 grows now, and all I can say is wow, at less watts than a 600W HID I am getting really good coverage edge to edge using 2 of them in a 4x4' space. The heat is a lot less and the bud size and density is at least equal to HID (if not more?). That leads me to my next thought, a DIY quantum board build. I know it wouldn't necessarily save a lot of money versus buying a fixture like the SP-250, but you could have the ability to spread all those diodes across the entire space.

Anyone here doing quantum boards? I am just loving LED's right now, I think they're finally on par if you get the right ones. White light full spectrum seems to be the key, and IR diodes, I hear some people say that helps create more resin but who knows, too many variables I think.

I will be very interested too, the newish to me CMH 630Dw DE I have seems to hot spot directly under it, 2x 315w may have been better.
I like the claims about extra resin, my CMH box had the same claims. So far the yields from my old HID grown are around 20% and the one squish of the newer stuff grown with CMH was...around 20%!

I will be very interested too, the newish to me CMH 630Dw DE I have seems to hot spot directly under it, 2x 315w may have been better.
I like the claims about extra resin, my CMH box had the same claims. So far the yields from my old HID grown are around 20% and the one squish of the newer stuff grown with CMH was...around 20%!

Yep claims are all they are, someone like you can prove it easy using clones of old mothers. I keep trying to find my perfect medicine trying different varieties, and even some of the same, so comparisons are nearly impossible, I probably have different phenos most of the time!

Multiple lamps seems to make a lot of sense though I still wanna run my big mars cree pro 256, that was enough for 5.5x5.5' tent, I wanna use it in my 4x4'

Those Mars Hydro look great!
I went with a Quantum board and am very happy with it so far!
Lots of power, variable dimmer to adjust light intensity during the grow, full spectrum.
Plants seem to love it as well!

It has 4 of these boards
baseroom4.jpg

And runs at over 520W from the wall! It is rated at 480W from the wall. The driver is mounted outside the room and has a fan blowing on it when the lights are on.
It remains perfectly cool for the whole time and can only be good for the electronics inside.

I was looking at adding 2 of the Mars 150 lights to the room to add a slightly different spectrum as well as some red for initiating flower.
or a few COBS... Still deciding and flower is still a month or so away so I have some time!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back