Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Meme Me!

funny_picdump_1565_640_high_48.jpg

Oh dear God... I remember every one of them! :myday: :dog:

View attachment 2440
I'm only good for eleven, I'm afraid, at 50 (& 3/4!) yrs. But I had really stupid hair, lol! Another thing about ancient telephony, the rotary dial! There's no way in HELL that my teens could be patient enough to operate a phone from my childhood. It took 5 minutes to place a call, lol!

FWIW, I never had a milkman until moving to England and we still have a milkman delivering milk (in glass) in our village. No cardboard tops, you get a couple of reusable Jyarz-type lids. Not everyone uses his service obviously. I like to fantasize stealing everybody's milk when walking the dogs early in the morning. You can also choose plastic milk jugs, like you get the grocery stores. We also have a fish monger who comes to our village twice a week; he has all sorts of seafood caught that morniing on his truck. He has 3 stops in our village so that OAPs (the elderly) can walk to the closest to them, which is nice. His seafood is hard to beat.

And then we've still got green grocers, butchers, and market days (1-2 day/week) in towns & cities where there are fresh flower, fruit&veg, meat, seafood, bread stalls along with others selling hot food, clothing, hardware, household goods and basically any/everything.

One last thing I'll share, because our guests are always amazed and can't believe it. In our corner of England, you will regularly see home fresh fruit/veg and free-range eggs stands. These will be on the side of the road in fron of the house and they operate on the honour system. The prices are posted and you simply put your money in a lock-box or a plastic tub. And it works!

I'm only good for eleven, I'm afraid, at 50 (& 3/4!) yrs. But I had really stupid hair, lol! Another thing about ancient telephony, the rotary dial! There's no way in HELL that my teens could be patient enough to operate a phone from my childhood. It took 5 minutes to place a call, lol!

FWIW, I never had a milkman until moving to England and we still have a milkman delivering milk (in glass) in our village. No cardboard tops, you get a couple of reusable Jyarz-type lids. Not everyone uses his service obviously. I like to fantasize stealing everybody's milk when walking the dogs early in the morning. You can also choose plastic milk jugs, like you get the grocery stores. We also have a fish monger who comes to our village twice a week; he has all sorts of seafood caught that morniing on his truck. He has 3 stops in our village so that OAPs (the elderly) can walk to the closest to them, which is nice. His seafood is hard to beat.

And then we've still got green grocers, butchers, and market days (1-2 day/week) in towns & cities where there are fresh flower, fruit&veg, meat, seafood, bread stalls along with others selling hot food, clothing, hardware, household goods and basically any/everything.

One last thing I'll share, because our guests are always amazed and can't believe it. In our corner of England, you will regularly see home fresh fruit/veg and free-range eggs stands. These will be on the side of the road in fron of the house and they operate on the honour system. The prices are posted and you simply put your money in a lock-box or a plastic tub. And it works!
I lived in FRANCE 5 years and loved it.
I lived in CHILE 2.5 years and loved it.
I lived in GUATEMALA 2.0 years and found it a bit on the unsafe side of CIVILIZATION.
I returned to the HOUSE I grew up in.
CALIFORNIA is not bad really it's OK!

ENGLAND was fun when I went to school there?

It's like a step back in time..... I love it! And what a great first post here. :biggrin: Thanks for sharing.

Great post and thanks for sharing this.....I think I need to come visit your village. What part of England are you in?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back