Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Meme Me!

xPIND3x.jpg

I think 4th of July fireworks shows are too firmly established in our society for that to happen, 'Mom,' and must admit I enjoy seeing the annual show in Marina del Rey from our 3rd floor balcony. :idon'tknow: It sure would be nice, though, if folks didn't explode them privately in highly populated areas, disturbing their neighbors which include some with PTSD and some who'd just like to go to sleep.

@Amoreena I agree that fireworks are part of our culture now. But it has gotten so excessive. We've avoid staying at the lake during this week the last few years because it is so loud and crazy there. I've often made 'jokes' about 'incoming' during this week and my poor previous dog would be a hot mess. Now it's gotten so that, while they are the most intense the 4th week, the fireworks start a week prior and last pretty much all summer. Way out of control.

kktSoEx.jpg

Culture's can change thankfully... :wink:
The sooner we can get rid of the polluting, too much human nature revealing insanity of fireworks the better IMO.
Here in The Netherlands we have a 'culture'(think decades, not centuries or anything...) of people going nuts at new years eve.
In the last 7 years ophthalmologists have seen 1761 fireworks casualties with 2140 damaged eyes.
Of those 743 sustained permanent damage, 134 went completely blind en 63 had to be removed...
Half of these were bystanders, people just watching, that's from 1 night of 'culture' per year.
And that's just the humans, the tales of pets and horrorstories are on the rise too every year, besides the 'normal' fear of all animals for explosions.
I have an adoptee from Spain who does not respond well too bangs and fireworks, i'm dreading the end of the year very much.
So again, AFAIC the sooner this bit of destructive culture would be gone , the better.
Given human nature not seeing it happen soon(or even at all) sadly of course, but i'll 'fight' against it always!

The poster upload is in Dutch, so i'll translate :
"Assistance dogs have to go outside in then festive season too

Please don't scare me with fireworks!"

Attachments

• vuurwerk.jpg
    vuurwerk.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
@Amoreena I agree that fireworks are part of our culture now. But it has gotten so excessive. ...
And I agree with you. I enjoy fireworks shows and feel they're firmly established in our society, as I said above. I detest the fireworks lit by folks at home that disturb entire neighborhoods, scare pets, and make me hope one of the fools having so much fun blows off a finger just so they'll shut the fuck up. There have been intermittent pyrotechnic explosions for over a week here. Yesterday afternoon the tenants in the building next door started early but weren't outrageous. My husband and I enjoyed watching the show in the Marina, about a mile away, from 9-9:20.

The night went on and until at least 12:30 a.m., people next door were lighting the ones that shoot straight up squealing loudly, create the equivalent of daylight and explode high, scattering bits of burning [dunno what it is] all over. They sound like bombs. I DON'T consider that shit a part of our culture...anyhow, I don't feel it should be. My husband was saying they must've spent a lot of money on all that. They're not wealthy folks (judging from what we can see on their balconies and patios). They have kids to feed/clothe/buy toys for. I am NOT defending anything outside of professional shows, with perhaps a little "private fun" between 8:45 and 10 p.m. on the 4ths. :twocents:

I am NOT defending anything outside of professional shows, with perhaps a little "private fun" between 8:45 and 10 p.m. on the 4ths. :twocents:
I totally understood where you were coming from.

And yes... the debris. I forgot to mention that. The lake we are on was formed by a glacier. The glacier passed right by where my cottage is so the natural flow of the current is towards our house. The amount of crap that washes up on our beach during this week is insane; and not just firework debris. I have found everything from cigarette butts and money to human waste. I cannot tell you how much I detest this time of year. Mind you; our lake is one that Natural Geographic called the 6th most beautiful lake in the world. The water is clear to the bottom and clean. So this type of total disregard for the ecology of the lake disturbs me on many levels.

j6JptsT.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back