Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Paying It Forward

Life here is very good indeed.
Good for my patience with the time it is taking to get my tools together.
That means the medicine is doing it's job!
I have been freely in touch with over 100 old patients. 30% have passed on. 30% are not active. The remaining are all needing help.
Many thought that Vaporization was over.
The patients with no internet connection. They had not heard from me, or had missed my one last attempt before
the Federal interruption.
I have meds together enough to last me for a bit.
I have never had an issue in which tools to use.
I currently have 2 vapes as I wait for a huge collection.
The Aura and The POTV "ONE".
The Aura is a functioning, but not flavor packed alternative, that I must coax richer clouds of vapor. I do get where I was planning, just with
not too much effort. Being alone with it for sessions sure has taught me more about the tool.
I always love the "ONE". Many of my portables (stored) are/were Fury2.
The basic is a good vape.
I like POTV's Haptic Feedback more than I thought I would.
I'm old... I need a nudge once in a while! "Hey you gonna hit that thing?"
I make the more clear distinction now, because the "ONE" has proven to have no quirks in 12 days as being my daily driver.
No Desktop.
A few uses of the Aura a day.
ONE in my fist 18 hours a day.
I'll get my stuff moved bit by bit.
I have learned patience.
Don't make me bust out with my motorcycle trip across America with only an MFLB. It happened!:myday:

Last edited:
I was so far unable to secure a van to drive with to collect my tools... in another nearby city.
Regardless, tomorrow I get to go and hand pick whatever I can fit into my car from my collection of units and tools.
I'd like to thank @warren0728 not only for the donation of the half dozen 18650 type portables, but for changing my mind about using a new grinder. I have owned more grinder makes than I can count, and tested each once to decide on correct match for local patients. I never sat down and used any other grinder.
While tomorrow I will have my grinders, I did have my eyes open to "other" grinder technology that has passed me by.
Thanks!
Start slow is my plan, and remaining in compliance is paramount.
DDxF.gif
My schedule with patients begins on June 1st.
I need time to get to know what tools are where. Gheez it's been over 2 years since I have used these things.
I have seen a few new patients, to visit and learn about their needs.
A few more older regular patients have responded, so I'm setting up "upkeep" of glass and tubing.
I guess I better start looking for 91% Iso!
Thanks for reading!

Hi friends.
Yesterday I went to Vail to look at my vapes.
The overwhelming decisions about what was most important at this moment were finally made. Monday I will be leaving Rocket Man home and returning to Vail. My friend in Vail will drive the big boxes in her vehicle, while I use my back seat and trunk.
I decided what to bring home for this weekend:
**Enough tools and glass to work on a patient's problematic SSV.
It was the unit I was on my way to pick up when they arrested me in early 2022.
I picked it up yesterday, over 2 years late!
The owner was loaned a portable, an Airvape Legacy, which he may very well get to keep when this is done.
My vision being less sharp and fingers a bit less nimble have been making this particular SSV tricky.
I already broke one standard HC.:frown:
1st one to break at my own hands in a dozen years. Luckily I still had 2 in stock.

For my personal use for this week to hold me over until I get all the rest;
  1. Volcano
  2. SSV
  3. Aluminum Classic VaporGenie w/Walnut bowl
  4. Iolite
  5. WISPR E (yup an electric WISPR)
  6. Fury2
  7. Aura
All of the above are loaded for action... and I clean the one prior while I use the one designated as "next".
I love doing a Volcano bag of some nice bud. It's the Vaporist's version of being at the fair and eating cotton candy for me.
My first back to back Volcano bags at 369º had me pretty darned happy to be alive.
Thanks for reading.

Paying it Forward
The road has been bumpy at times.
That’s what happens when you care about something greatly.
I truly love what I have been doing with patients since 2010. The routine was so positive, but today is a different day.
Now that I have all of my Vaporizers back at home, and have reached out to many patients, it became clear that I need to start from scratch, and face the truth that things have changed.
Covid put a dent in proximity, and made paying it forward challenging. That was 2-3 years… and then my going to prison and being on Parole took another 2-3 years.
While I have already taken care of all maintenance issues for those patients remaining in contact with me, it took many years to build that patient base. Wasn’t this supposed to be automatic… the world snapping back to 6 years ago in it’s entirety?
I do have a few speaking engagements and demos coming up. I look forward to that.
I sure have more personal vapes than I remembered.
When the Feds said everything had to be gone in 12 hours, that did not give me time to take inventory of all of my personal vapes that inched their way to the back of a shelf, top of the closet, or bottom of drawer.
How I will proceed.
I am going to spread my collection of totally functional but no longer in daily rotation vapes to the patients that I meet.
I have a couple of brand new units from before my absence.
My vapes that are too complex to use for a new disabled patient, I will offer in classified ads here on the forum at very low cost.
Those couple of vapes that are brand new, but that I have duplicates of, I will offer in the classified ads here also at a very encouraging cost.
I will use the funds obtained for parts and consumable goods as well as to help myself through
Immediate Automobile costs (emissions, registration, and Insurance).
I believe this will be efficient in the process of providing Vaporizers to lower income patients for the long term, as well as the immediate need to keep me on the road to provide these services.

Things are shaping up around here!
I finally have found all cords and matched them with all portables.
I have checked the charge on all vapes, and done a session with each, and they all work as though the law never interrupted my journey.
A few days ago, I went through Inhalaters. INH04 lost it’s charging port about 10 years ago, however
INH05, 5S,6,& XP all still work like day 1. Each provided a full session.
Yesterday, I went through favorites and did a session with each. Left to right that is
Solo (OG), Grasshopper (OG), Tafée Bowle, Angus, Venty, Fury 2 Mighty2, and Mighty+. All perfect!
DSC00133.jpg

The only vaporizer, I have not begun to evaluate and charge yet is a collection of Pax 1 & 2s.
There are 6 Pax Vapes that I have not begun on yet. I like the Pax units, but they need extra time to look at.
All used already reconditioned Patients Portables still have charges and function too.
*The Vaporizer that kicked my ass and astounded me yesterday was my Solo.
It’s the original Solo I got in 2011.
In 2016 I changed the battery… ONCE. That’s it.
I got distracted from using my Solo, due to the influx of new technology.
Bad move. I love the Solo as much as I did that first week.
I learned that I have 60 rides left on a the local paramedical transit for disabled. I found out that I can give these rides to others!
Two patients come today, using “SunVan” saving me gas and from going out into the Desert heat!
I have a Tera and a Fog ready for them.
In preparation, the Tera and the Fog were my first Portable sessions of the day, after finishing my traditional SSV morning ritual.
Happy as hell to feel like Vito again.
Fully Medicated to Level 10, and it’s only 8:45 a.m.

Last edited:
This week has been a blessing in so many ways.
Letting people use a transit service with my saved tickets is wonderful for all (the patients sit ion a well air conditioned
bus). They are cooler than I am, but my blessing is I do not have to leave and walk to the car under the Fireball.
Just the right tools were here at the right time all the way around.
The first is a young fellow... 38. He started having numerous problems in his stomach, and circulatory system. He uses MMJ but I convinced him to become a patient for lower taxes and greater access to the better meds. I met him when his dad died, and he has called me "Pops" since... the name he called his dad.
A lady in his apartments gave him the money to get his MMJ Card.
This is his little girl here:
DSC00356.jpg

I had him over to try some vapor and he was amazed.
He received a new Aura by Flowermate, and is learning to try a different path.
I am really worried about his health. His legs have swollen up terribly, and he says his Doc has it under control.
Giving him the Aura reminded me that I still had a few, and managed to share all 3 with card holders at the Senior Center.
I promise friends... no more trouble from me. I met them way over the hill from the center at the park.
All octogenarians, they were bright and full of spirit.
They were enrolled shortly before our meeting in a chair exercise group.
All 3 suffered different levels of osteoarthritis.
I related because I am also am diagnosed similarly.
I don't use the diclofenac gels. I avoid topical crap at all cause my dog will obsess on that spot!
I use Marijuana. Topically too! Orally as well!!
So do these three gals, now!
How convenient to have 3 identical units to give to 3 close friends.
They can troubleshoot together and feel a unique extra aspect to their bond.
I saw one other patient that was referred to me by my Friend Sammy (I've written about him).
He lives at the same Assisted Living Facility as Sammy, only he is ambulatory, and lives in an independent living apartment.
He has a card already, and the vape that caught his eye right away was a Firefly.
I am still unpacking and it was in a box filled with pieces, cords and cables, and I did not ever see it.
Somehow he reached way down in there and pulled out THE CORRECT CORD also!
It was fate. It took a charge fast, and I didn't have to teach him anything except what ABV was and how to enhance
his MMJ experience with it.
All in all a really wonderful week halfway through.
I mentioned when questioned that I had limited space.
I had only a small kitchen spot as my power & counter space here at home.
DSC00160.jpg
DSC00163.jpg

I have used the spot near sink for all desktop vaping and the spot opposite for all charging.
A friend has given me this AND a power strip to go with it.
717oRknNOFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have vapes all around me but using this cart can set up the day's vapes, with power cord and leave them until I clean up and can unload back to their spots.
I do not have a vape room like in the older days, but now will have a Vape Cart!
Thanks for reading and letting me share my excitement of the week, and this great surprise!

@momofthegoons has asked me a few times if I had a wish list to post.
A couple of years later...
I just was reminded of a fantastic and very easy to use vaporizer that is wonderful for patients and is economical.
A patient recently returned one to me, because his family bought him a Volcano. Previously his caregiver filled the XMax for him.
The XMax V3 Pro is a marvelous choice and wonderful weight/form factor for almost any patient's use.
I tested it out and cleaned it up and gave it to a woman this morning.
I am impressed by the way the top slides on, with no glass for those uneasy with glass.
I am impressed by the level of vapor and the ease of maintenance.
What a great unit @XMAXVAPORIZER I am super impressed!♥️

I would like to share my thoughts right now about how I feel about the Universe, and my path.
This was the most logical place for me to get this off my chest.
I hope it's OK with you.
Since I got off parole, I have been nodding and smiling... happy inside but sometimes I was smiling to keep everybody else's Universes intact.
I have not discussed the change that is inevitable.
That whole prison shit took a toll on my mind and body.
Sleeping on a 2" pad on a steel rack for all that time with no applicable medications for a progressive physical disorder left
it difficult to walk. We will all get there.. recovery time between an ass whipping gets longer
The Parole time after allowed me only Pharma solutions to what I have learned to live with naturally.
The pills took a toll on me. 2 years of pills, that have exacerbated complications we were all warned about.
I go in one week for renal function tests. Doctor said I need more water, but that there is something else going on.
"The Narcotics and spasticity meds you've taken can have this result"
I wanted to scream, and cry out as tears filled my eyes.
I wanted to shake an angry fist at Uncle Sam, and shout: "you did this to me".
If you read this thanks for letting me share.
Now the good side... I have my supplies back, and am back doing what I did all along.
Today is different.
I looked around, and in my space, the havoc that had lingered in the form of boxes, and vape parts that
trickled in over the last 90 days was gone. The chaos was over.
The tremble in my hands and in my spine has now re-adapted to a THC based regime.
My small space felt large to me, and I had air conditioning in the bedroom/vape area (who am I kidding everyplace is the vape area).
I looked around and felt grateful.
I wished to invite you into my home
I decided to make a video.
It's a Tour of Vito's Place!

Last edited:
What an end of a long week!
I am relaxed now as Saturday Night movies on my computer are my plans... UNTIL SUNDAY AFTERNOON!
It is a week of appointments ahead.
I was able to score an amazing box of a half dozen Flowermate "Aura" vaporizers. It was a "friend deal" that I have ample time to cover. I could not pass it up at the price.
I also have a couple of VB1 Desktops on hand.
These are all new!
I still have 9 used portables that I have not run "through the mill" yet, but tests on that last 9 will commence, and parts/repairs made accordingly if needed.
I always enjoyed figuring out vapes that functioned poorly and getting them to run like new.
The 1st Pax units gave me a run for my money!
These days, getting around to testing is a bit slower.
The repair process now is limited due to manual dexterity and vision.
When I am wearing 2 pairs of reading glasses, and still reach for my magnifying glass I stop.
I also do not take out the soldering iron any more!
The minor visual discrepancy, paired with unsteady hands, make for a couple of small "brands" on many recent go-arounds.
Oh I am still studying used units that I am sent, and I do often see used units that are ready to be placed in a home.
Now that I feel more in tune and normalized, my work continues.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back