Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Tarik Rosin Press

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
When these first came out I had just heard about rosin and rosin technique. I had been using a hair straightener and wanted something a little more... sophisticated. This appealed to me. Retails for $199.00 unless you hit a sale and then it's $99.00.

Well.... it's all show folks. I have only had one 'successful' squish out of it and, truth be told, I think it was just moisture coming out of improperly cured bud.

2w4hhg8.jpg

The metal plates measure about 3.5 inches.

s2fds8.jpg

Temps run from 100° C (212° F) to 250° C (482° F) according to the manufacturer. I think it runs hot. You are also supposed to be able to just press down with your hand.... I stood on the thing and it still didn't have enough pressure. But the true test was when a fairly well known rosin maker came by and tried it out and laughed.

So on this one... imo buyer beware. You're better off with a straightener and clamps.

Last edited:
When these first came out I had just heard about rosin and rosin technique. I had been using a hair straightener and wanted something a little more... sofisticated. This appealed to me. Retails for $199.00 unless you hit a sale and then it's $99.00.

Well.... it's all show folks. I have only had one 'successful' squish out of it and, truth be told, I think it was just moisture coming out of improperly cured bud.

2w4hhg8.jpg

The metal plates measure about 3.5 inches.

s2fds8.jpg

Temps run from 100° C (212° F) to 250° C (482° F) according to the manufacturer. I think it runs hot. You are also supposed to be able to just press down with your hand.... I stood on the thing and it still didn't have enough pressure. But the true test was when a fairly well known rosin maker came by and tried it out and laughed.

So on this one... imo buyer beware. You're better off with a straightener and clamps.
Yes! I have had one of these and can echo all of what has been said here. These units simply cannot get enough pressure to extract unless you use very high temps. You will most assuredly break it trying to achieve adequate pressure at normal squishing temps up to 230-240f.

Do not buy. Hair straighteners are genuinely better! This is possibly the worst cannabis product I have ever seen and used. I received mine for free thankfully lol

Last edited:
Now I am more than willing to be corrected by @herbivore21, our resident scientist and extract artist, but my understanding is that if you want anything in a press, you want LOTS of pressure. Lots of pressure is, in my understanding, more important that lots of heating. That is, high pressure and lower temp = good extraction.

Comments or corrections?

Now I am more than willing to be corrected by @herbivore21, our resident scientist and extract artist, but my understanding is that if you want anything in a press, you want LOTS of pressure. Lots of pressure is, in my understanding, more important that lots of heating. That is, high pressure and lower temp = good extraction.

Comments or corrections?
On the whole, that does not need correcting. That is quite a good summary of the situation. I prefer lower temps from 180-210f with 1500-2000psi or so of pressure.

This unit could not achieve that pressure without hearing nasty snapping noises.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back