Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Thermal Accumulator ™

Ruby swap with a torch heat up
Ruby is a little more forgiving but needs more time to get to the same temp as Boro
Can cherry it till it glows, pretty quick with the big torch too
Boro a little more touchy with the torch

The wand makes it fully mindless and perfectly even extraction for one bowl (boro or ruby), but for back to backs the torch and ruby swap helps make it easier using the glow as a visual cue

Ruby is a little more forgiving but needs more time to get to the same temp as Boro
TIME is negligible between the two, yes?
There is a visual satisfaction as it Cherry's using a torch. i like that, have no wand to compare and as its been already kicked around here and on FC its a no brainer.
@phattpiggie i know you keep your cards close, but keep us in the know with regards to your coveted IH seriously mate. I'm...WE are all in there.

time for a quick rip later-

TIME is negligible between the two, yes?
There is a visual satisfaction as it Cherry's using a torch. i like that, have no wand to compare and as its been already kicked around here and on FC its a no brainer.
@phattpiggie i know you keep your cards close, but keep us in the know with regards to your coveted IH seriously mate. I'm...WE are all in there.

time for a quick rip later-
The Boro takes less time to heat and if you go too far by a little it will combust easier

Ruby needs more time to get to temp and give the same colour avb, with a wand or torch - but you can go over the time with the ruby with a lot less chance of combustion

I seem to get a longer sesh on a stem or pipe with a well heated ruby compared to Boro
But I've been using it on the bong lately so will need to return to this statement to be sure my stoner memory is correct

same however Anhydrous for me lately, flavor town!
I been traveling plenty over the holidays and the TA with a mini rig has been absolutely perfect for TOGO.
love this thing. alright enough cheerleading... off to get some work done here.
Yea while I have been testing this I haven't used my PID ballers - and I haven't really been missing them too much compared to other portables vs ballers
This is a mini baller and does the job very well
You're only restricted by bowl size compared to a desktop baller, and airflow (which can be adjusted somewhat by adding/removing balls)
The hit and cloud however, is more than satisfactory from the TA

Thanks for letting us know how you are getting on @felvapes and @Helios. Great to see you are enjoying the TA.

Ruby, cubic zirconia and Sic have all been tried.
The CZ are in the prototype slimline heater, 100 of them so a nice big hot surface area.
One of the test crew has gone over to Sic and won't be going back to glass.
I'm still on boro.

The easiest way to get a decent 'session' going with flower is just to cram lumps in the bowl. As long as you don't pack so tight you restrict the draw you are good to go.

Cherry the top third or so, if you dare.

Always difficult to get the actual colours in a picture. This was not bone dry flower to start with.
IMG-20230112-094142-869.jpg

After it's been pulled out of the bowl.
IMG-20230112-094313-272.jpg

Then back in it goes until it's spent. The heater matrix had about 60-90 seconds cool down while i got the pictures. Ten seconds less on the heat application this time.

The dross.
IMG-20230112-094847-022.jpg

@VGOODIEZ now stock rayon for anyone who'd like to give it a whirl.
Loading little fluffy balls is easy and it's biodegradable. Nice to be able to fill a pot with preloads.

Last edited:
Onwards and upwards.

Had some great news from the CNC shop and it's all coming together.

Forgot to say I'm restocked with screen. Both 11mm and 13mm in 40 and 60 mesh. Found some brass screen from my hash pipe days.
instasquare.photoeditor.effect.cutout_202312721112185.png

I'm currently on 20 mesh in the heater matrix and 30 in the bowl. Both a bitch to hand punch
instasquare.photoeditor.effect.cutout_202312721227225.png

Last edited:
Onwards and upwards.

Had some great news from the CNC shop and it's all coming together.

Forgot to say I'm restocked with screen. Both 11mm and 13mm in 40 and 60 mesh. Found some brass screen from my hash pipe days.
View attachment 43975
I'm currently on 20 mesh in the heater matrix and 30 in the bowl. Both a bitch to hand punch
View attachment 43976

Magnet and wide mesh be nice upgrades
Interested what upgrades you have made
Here for the testing next batch

Busy times getting everything together for the next release.

Let's get the unpleasant bit out of the way first.
It's been brought to my attention that people are being contacted and basically being told 'stories' about me ripping folk off, that I had no intention of bringing the TA to market and then told that the 'competition' are making a superior product.
It's a sad day when people have to resort to these underhand tactics but you know given enough rope and all that. It's a very small community.

A couple of questions ahve been asked so I hope this explains everything.

Vape comparison.
The other vapes in this form use SS or Ti for the hot surface area in their vaporisers. The TA uses glass, ruby, Sic, CZ etc etc.
I personally prefer glass as I find the flavours are muted with metal.
The use of glass beads also increases the hot surface area. A rough calculation put the TA somewhere in the region of three times the available area of other vapes of the same form.
The TA is a portable ball vape capable of utilising 4 different heating options.

Materials.
A subject very important to me. The enquiries were made before the first prototype was built, GR2 Ti.
I could only take the word of the manufaturer but did a very easy and basic test to prove to it was Ti, the grade couldn't be verified without expensive testing.

Release date.
The new TA are being made by a small, very busy family run local business. This has led to delays as they have a minimum 6 month lead time.
I'm hoping to have them this month with a release in July.
There is a lot of work ahead of me as I've custom tools and decappers to make so please be patient.

Everyone who messaged me I will get back to you. There has been no response as I'm not one to repeat myself and was waiting for good news rather than no news. If you are all still interested I will make sure you are in the first batch. There are plenty being made this time round and no one will miss out.

As has been the case with my stems all the good people who supported the TA project from the start will be well looked after.

TAv2 has been completely redesigned but is compatible with the v1. The design is modular which means at a later date I can add features if the demand is there. All materials are industry standard.

Induction Heaters.
This was always going to be a challenge especially for a portable but we like that kind of thing.
I have seen a desktop that is a beast, a water cooled beast. I may make one for shits and giggles.
Due to the changes this heater needs a coil redesign for the v2.
This is TAv1.

I used the same IH in a mobile unit, you couldn't pocket it, and it'll cherry in 30 seconds. Runs about 20 bowls.
The main issue with battery power is the lag as the battery voltage drops off.
With a lot of timed units the lag gets worse. I made up a custom timer pcb which negates the timer lag.

Thanks for keeping the thread active, I could've filled it with usage videos but that just teases those who are waiting.

See you in the Tempest thread.

Delays are frustrating but that's the way it goes sometimes and the reason I never make plans.

The only good thing about the wait is it's given me a bit of time to think about the next release.
I should be in a position where I'll be able to offer a couple of different heater options. The OG and a variant as well as maybe two different UK versions.
All will have have the new bowl design which has an adjustable depth feature.

Playing with magnet heatsink ideas using parts I have to hand. There is also a purpose made heatsink in the works.
New decapper 'The Murphy' is also in hand, named after the person who shared the idea.

20230729-084554.jpg

Parts going through one of the many steps to completion.
IMG-20230727-155610.jpg

And....
The time has allowed me to get another vape out for testing. No info on that one until release.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back