Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape The Thermal Accumulator ™

Yo VA!
I've had the pleasure of playing around with this bugger for a few weeks and wanted to chime in.
Currently I'm using a Ronxs single/dual flame torch with only one flame engaged.

I prefer low temp hits and as you can see by the anodization on the cap, I aim towards the top. For heat up I typically will slowly spin it (old habits you know) for @25 seconds, pull it off the heat for 5-10 seconds and give it a few pulls. If it's not quite there yet, I'll hit it with another 10.
PXL_20220829_212713107.jpg

PXL_20220828_230419622.MP.jpg

My avb has been incredibly consistent whether I'm going low temp or high.

The only niggle that I've experienced is if the threads aren't clean it can be a bit challenging to unscrew the cap. However, after cool down I can gently grab it at the base with some needle nose pliers and unscrew it. After I clean the threads it's good to go again.

At low temp I get around 4-5 leisurely hits and the avb is what you see in the pic.
PXL_20220829_213627556.jpg

High temp can take it way darker if that's what you want and in my limited high temp experience, remains completely uniform in color.

The simple tool tamps material nicely and allows me to unscrew and empty while still hot.

Overall it is very forgiving with heat up. With my torch I can heat anywhere between 25-60 seconds and get very satisfying results.

I haven't combusted but others may have.

The Wand works but it's not ideal. Good old zvs to the rescue. Double wrap coil to emulate the torch and keep that convection bias.

Draw restriction was an issue for glass usage. It worked just not as well as it should have.
Took this one out by a gnats cock, no more issue.
IMG_20220825_094545.jpg
IMG_20220826_174138.jpg
IMG_20220826_193944.jpg

Last edited:
The Wand works but it's not ideal. Good old zvs to the rescue. Double wrap coil to emulate the torch and keep that convection bias.

Draw restriction was an issue for glass usage. It worked just not as well as it should have.
Took this one out by a gnats cock, no more issue.
View attachment 39603View attachment 39604View attachment 39605

Your videos look great
My home made ih worked great but was slower than others
Is it the battery you are using that makes that run hotter with extra coils?

@felvapes the important things on the zvs IH are the depth you insert the tip/cap into the coil and the power supply.
As a start point the coil should be ten turns on a 16mm internal diameter. The bottom of the cap should be level with the bottom of the coil. You can move the tip/cap up if its not to your liking, level with the next winding.
The power supply can also make a difference. The higher the amp output the more power available. 12v 6amp delivers 72w of power, 12v 10a is 120w. Lipo cells are high amp output.
They are pretty easy to 'tune' but start with a fixed datum first. Use a 12v 6a supply and then adjust the insertion depth. Then up it to 10a and try with the same depth. Or vice versa.

@felvapes the important things on the zvs IH are the depth you insert the tip/cap into the coil and the power supply.
As a start point the coil should be ten turns on a 16mm internal diameter. The bottom of the cap should be level with the bottom of the coil. You can move the tip/cap up if its not to your liking, level with the next winding.
The power supply can also make a difference. The higher the amp output the more power available. 12v 6amp delivers 72w of power, 12v 10a is 120w. Lipo cells are high amp output.
They are pretty easy to 'tune' but start with a fixed datum first. Use a 12v 6a supply and then adjust the insertion depth. Then up it to 10a and try with the same depth. Or vice versa.

I've made a few IH with the same circuit board and know how to use them
I have just used two 18650 batteries though and it heats much slower than other IH (tastes good, just slow)
The wand is slower than others on market but quicker than my home one
What battery is in your video that makes it work as we see? is the only difference I can see to mine

The avb has been a bit light in recent videos
Earlier ones looked dark and fully extracted but good, and then I saw some that had very dark and greenish bits

Is it hard to replicate results once you know how you like it?

@felvapes now I understand why it's slow.
12.6v is much better than 8.4v, unless you have some kind of boost in the circuit.

You could always buy a 3s sled if you have more 18650.

3s lipo come in all different sizes dimensionally and mah ratings.

Pipes uses 800-850mah in his builds.
My VC IH runs a little 450mah and the TA IH is now on a 1500mah.

You shoukd notice straight away and no it's not difficult at all to get consistent results once you have the zvs set up.

Do you have a Daab by chance?
If you run it without the reclaim cup it is a bit more aggressive than the wand
I'd be interested to see if it would run your TA

I never found pipes IH to work that well at all - I only liked them at first because I like IH
His heat too quick and need too many heat cycles and don't produce big clouds especially straight away (unless you ignore the click and guess and sometimes combust)
Also dark outside ring on avb and lighter in the middle with pipes
Ispire IH are much better for VC - two heat cycles/draws to the click and sesh done with clouds on the first heat and even extraction
My home made is better than pipes (taste, clouds, less cycles) - just took longer to heat up

Don't know if I am looking to make another IH
Where did you get your battery from that you are using? How much are they?

@felvapes I'll hopefully have some great things to show next week so I'll come back to you then.
I buy Turnigy batteries here. These little 450's are great.

Another couple of usage videos for now..

@felvapes I'll hopefully have some great things to show next week so I'll come back to you then.
I buy Turnigy batteries here. These little 450's are great.

Another couple of usage videos for now..

Cheers for the link - looks like they have warehouses here and can ship from ausland too
I thought you were saying you need 1500 for TA?

You buy the same packs you linked just higher mah?
Yes mate.
3s is the important part after that it's up to you on the mah.
The nice thing about that site is the filters on the left hand side.
Tick 3s and then scroll down to the dimensions filters. If you know how much space you can spare it'll give you the batteries available. Don't forget to allow for cables and connectors.

Busy times.
IMG_20221001_153346.jpg

Can't say I've enjoyed vaping weed but it has to be done. 2 bowls was enough.
This is a 4 minute bowl. Ripped up weed, hand ground for the second heat up.
You can see the vapour being forced out of the heater matrix. I opened the 2nd one up to check there was no bush fire going on and cautiously toked on it just in case.

Pretty close match on colour to what was in hand.
IMG_20221005_115659.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back