Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Ultrasonic Cleaners

I'd be happy to send you some stickers. Hit me up in pm.....:wink:
downloadfile-2.gif
Aaaawwwww....you are too kind! :love:

I have just changed the simple green/water mix in my ultrasonic cleaner
It has been months since I changed it
Works so good and next to never need to buy new solution

Love this thing
Makes my life so much easier

50/50 water/SG
6 min timer
No heat
Cleans all my vaping needs like this

Except for tips and mp's etc or dropdowns from dabs, which I have a jar of iso that I sit in the solution and run at 6 mins
I keep this iso jar for when I make my hash oils and add it to the run

@felvapes you mentioned about your rig moving around if not secure or in the basket. How do you secure your rig when not using the basket? Is it recommended to use the basket? Also, do you keep 6L of solution in your 6L cleaner

I went small. 2L US cleaner. I think it should be big enough to suit my needs (hopefully)
I was holding out, but realized for $100 it's definitely worth it. Even if for just cleaning my glasses!

@felvapes you mentioned about your rig moving around if not secure or in the basket. How do you secure your rig when not using the basket? Is it recommended to use the basket? Also, do you keep 6L of solution in your 6L cleaner

I went small. 2L US cleaner. I think it should be big enough to suit my needs (hopefully)
I was holding out, but realized for $100 it's definitely worth it. Even if for just cleaning my glasses!
I don't secure my bongs I just put them in the cleaner usually without a basket
They sometimes shift when you first turn on but otherwise it's still in there once they find there position
It takes about 4 litres of fluid to fill line and then what must be 2 litres space to top although it looks like less space
I use the basket for small pieces of glass or my slug or for the iso jar to sit in
I just put other bongs straight in but up against the side so it won't hit the side hard when you turn on

Or go full force with simple green on everything
Are you talking about eye glasses? Or drinking glasses? I'd be a little careful with Simple Green as it will take off paint and labels... not sure what it would do to plastic unless at a very diluted amount. For instance; it can remove the baked on labels of the Chinese bubblers when you soak them.

When I clean my jewelry and eye glasses I use a solution that came with my cleaner that's made for jewelry, etc. It's a milder detergent and I still dilute it quite a bit. Something like this on Amazon. I've had my bottle for years now... you only use a little capful or so; depending on the amount of water you use.

@felvapes thanks. Looking forward to that 'next level' clean. Simple green on deck.

When using US cleaner for glasses for example, i would use a simple solution of water and soap correct? Or go full force with simple green on everything
I have 50/50 water/SG in the cleaner at all times
If doing tips/MP's etc for reclaim I have a jar of iso I sit in the solution
For things like @momofthegoons said that are maybe more delicate you can have a lighter solution in a jar and "float" that in the solution so as to not lose labels or ruin certain materials

Most plastic is fine in the sG mix although I think @arb mentioned his mighty mp smelled a lot after so he does not do anymore
I guess the plastic absorbed the SG

Labels can easily come off in the mix

I only use water in mine ever since I cleaned some silicon parts that soaked up the dishwashing liquid smell and was a pain to get rid of but I don't clean my bongs in it as I found an easier way in the sink with a hose off the hot tap. I always use my basket in my UC as that is what the instructions said to do (mine is the 2ltr model).
I also use Iso in a jar inserted into the water to clean Ti tips, GonG adapters etc for reclaiming poop.:myday:
I will also use a couple of small planks of wood to centralize the Iso jar over the middle of the ultrasonic wavemaker. :thumbsup:

Has anyone tried a water/vinegar solution for cleaning? It's easy to remove from the unit, especially for people using the unit to perform extractions...
I can't remebrem now
I think I did do this when I first got it
I used water, water with a bit of soap and a few other options
I found many work, but to get glass super shiny and to clean dirty bong resin fully the 50/50 SG/water works best for everything
It stays in unit full-time and if I want to do iso or lighter solutions for something I use the jar in basket in the tub so I don't need to empty out the SG mix

My unit has a tap so easy drainage no matter what

I can't fit my bongs in the basket so straight in the tub

Plastic or silicone bits are chucked in the iso jar or in water in a jar

Glass only in SG tub

I always rinse after cleaning with water, then white vinegar to grab solution or soap and then water again

Last edited:
Your using these planks with the jar in the basket?
Yes, just to keep the jar centralised in the basket, the ultrasonic waves can push the jar to one side, no drain tap on the 2ltr model.
IMG_20190604_170322.jpg

cleaning dosing capsules on the basket
Yeah, aluminium and Iso don't play nice together so I only give them a quick 2 minute run in Iso to gather reclaim then into the water they go. Iso turns aluminium caps a matt silver colour, Simple green turns them grey so I just leave them in the basket and adding to them until I run out of caps then I will give them one last run at 65 degrees C for 30 minutes as the heat makes them easier to dry. I usually leave my temperature at 50C.:thumbsup:

Woot Woot! UC came in yesterday. Woke up this morning and did my first cleaning. My glasses... I turned on the heat side and after a few mins the temp didn't change so I just put my glasses in the water n pressed play on the 5 min timer. When I was done showering n came to take the glasses out, the temp had gone to about 40 degrees, so I added a drop of soap n ran the timer again... I've been working all day. Pretty hot n greasy environment. I haven't cleaned my glasses once today as yet, usually I'm constantly cleaning. Further my eyes can FEEL the difference. I could never deep clean my specs. They feel so nice!

2L UC it's like perfect n too small at the same time! Can't wait to clean up my vape wares n bubbler!
Thanks for all the help everybody!

Instructions say NOT to use without the basket, as doing so can damage the transducer? Seems like such a waste of space. Basket should be bigger.
It's been mentioned (must read back) but I'm pretty sure some ppl use the UC without the basket?

The basket is meant to hold your material at the optimal distance from the transducer head. Some units come with a 500 ml beaker attachment, which holds the beaker at the right distance.

Which unit did you get? Mine is a 2l iSonic, the same one in this on making liposomal vitamin C (One of us needs to make liposomal vitamin Canna one of these days...) I haven't cleaned anything with my unit as yet, but I'm going to stick my glasses in there now and see if I can replicate your results - thanks for the pointer, and welcome to Soniclub :)

@felvapes fish & chip shop it would look like :dog:. I'll grab a Hawaiian pack & a Chiko roll mate. Chicken salt on the lot please.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back