Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Review We Made Dabs With a $299 Walmart Rosin Press

Baron23

So, I wouldn't call this a great review but it does come with the currently de rigueur guy with a man bun in his urban, brick walled loft. lol

Nor do the reviewers seem to be particularly expert at all in rosin tech. But, the video does show it in operation and as a result, I will absolutely not be buying one! LOL. The only "pressure" you can apply is to press on a handle until it latches in some internal mechanism. No pressure reading, no way to vary pressure except perhaps to just put more product between the plates. Just not interested but perhaps for someone wanting to only occassionally squish or who is currently squishing by standing on a beauty product (LOL), this may well be an upgrade....but I don't think so. haha

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/we-made-dabs-with-a-299-walmart-rosin-press?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=B2C NEWSLETTER 2017-08-26

A few weeks ago, one of our writers noticed something odd. Walmart.com, the online arm of the world’s largest retailer, was selling a rosin press for a measly $299.

For a store that doesn’t seem to carry a single bong, Walmart was surprisingly open about the fact it was hawking a cannabis contraption. The item description called the Rosineer NRN-MV1 a “manual rosin press dab machine” that’s “especially suitable [for] flowers or buds.”

So we did what any cannabis fans with access to a company credit card would do: We bought one.

When it arrived, Leafly cannabis expert Will Hyde and I met up to give it a spin. Here’s how it went:

Our Verdict
Overall, the Rosineer NRN-MV1 is an affordable alternative to most DIY rosin-making methods. It squished out considerably more concentrate than other at-home options and was way less exhausting than using a hair straightener. If you’ve got access to an abundance of high-quality flower and want to make solventless (and delicious!) extracts at home, it’s a worthwhile option to consider.

That said, it’s not the right choice for everyone. While the yields were higher than the hair-straightener method, the Rosineer didn’t produce as much concentrate as we would’ve liked. The plates fluctuated in temperature, didn’t line up perfectly flush with one another, and could only apply so much pressure. (More expensive presses are pneumatic, but those can run upward of $1,000.)

Ultimately, the Rosineer NRN-MV1’s $299 price tag might seem like a bargain, but given the high cost of good flower—and the fact that low-quality flower produces hardly any rosin at all—it probably makes more financial sense to pony up for a more professional model.

Last edited:
I think @Killick mentioned this in passing in the rosin thread.... hilarious. Doesn't look worth the money at all. He hit in on the head when he said the plates don't line up and you can only put x amount of pressure on it since the mechanism locks.

Wonder where it's made... :cool:

No thanks... But hey... at least they had fun reviewing it. :lol:

lol I wonder if this'll be one of those products that people buy, use for a couple days when they need to squish some dabs, then return to Walmart to take advantage of their returns policy? :dog:

It looks like it can do small-scale presses a little better than a straightener, but the product also seems pretty flimsy and likely to fail with much use.

@Baron23 Thanks for sharing brother!

Whats wrong with man buns!
Nothing, but I'm more off the hook...

you-may-think-youre-cool.jpg

Peace!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back