Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

Watching this video again I noticed at the end of the flower bowl (about half way through the video) some bits fall through the bottom of stem
They are glowing red too so must have started to combust
I zoomed in on my phone too and you see it better and the stem of the banger also goes a little black from I assume smoke
He has two flower bowls in two bangers and they both do the same

It would be good to see some reviews from some of the more thorough critics

You can see at 7:40 the load top is still green, this is just after you see the red ember and I noticed he did not have the embers earlier on, he should have just stopped earlier maybe as a device that can be used for concentrates too must have more power than needed for herb?
Edit...in the comments, he was asked about weed temp and he said 500 or 560...maybe, so way too hot!
Also, he was asked if it works with a Dynavap and replied he did not know what a Dynavap was...clueless dickhead!

Sourcemore got back to me to say there is a 2 to 3 week lead time for the Wand...no doubt we will keep an eye out for them, I am not a pre-order kind of guy. :thumbsup:

They are glowing red too so must have started to combust
I have been told the unit can be used to vape herb or combust it, that is up to the user to decide. I think it would be fun to use as I enjoyed playing with the IH rosin jhook I made. I never thought of a lower battery setting with shorter run times for herb (I did melt a few sets of battery compartment wires hitting rosin for too long:biggrin:)
Sourcemore has got back to me again to say that they are not looking at stocking the kit that includes the case and tripod at this time.

I have been told the unit can be used to vape herb or combust it, that is up to the user to decide. I think it would be fun to use as I enjoyed playing with the IH rosin jhook I made. I never thought of a lower battery setting with shorter run times for herb (I did melt a few sets of battery compartment wires hitting rosin for too long:biggrin:)
Sourcemore has got back to me again to say that they are not looking at stocking the kit that includes the case and tripod at this time.
Oh, it will vape some weed alright... the same way a (maybe a lil better) bic will... when taking the 'green hit'. Like I said earlier, seems to be nothing more than an electric lighter of sorts that may be ok with 'trates or a DV... no?

Yea I saw in the videos and on the ispire site it was supposed to combust or vape or maybe a different site lol
It goes as low as 450 I think so slightly hotter than most vapes at max

No where seems to be selling the tripod atm just the basic kit even from ispire site

It would be great to see a review from pui or Troy or one of the critics who try the units in many ways and show avb at different temps etc etc

I'm still watching it for now but am interested
Just would love to see some proper vape bowls and avb shots to see how even it leaves the material and how close to combustion

seems to be nothing more than an electric lighter of sorts
You could say that about any unregulated vape, they will combust if you push them; this at least has temperature control(supposedly, we will see before trashing it myself). :twocents:

You could say that about any unregulated vape, they will combust if you push them; this at least has temperature control(supposedly, we will see before trashing it myself). :twocents:
No, I don't agree... often much thought and design (r&d) goes into creating products used for vaping flower, even unregulated ones.

Temp control to combust weed...? Flower use is obviously an afterthought... as you well know, you can't just dump weed in a dish or banger and expect it to vape properly by simply applying heat... some material will vape, some won't.

Last edited:
I am thinking it may be similar to the Switch in herb mode but it may be better as it will have pull-through air flow instead of just top airflow that I believe is the main problem with the switch flower mode, it just smolders...
I would not be purchasing either device for flower use as the title says (It would go nice at 450 on a little jhook) but being able to experiment with the latest tech on the cheap as an option with flower is a win in my book.
Plus it runs on 18650 batteries and has usb-c

I am thinking it may be similar to the Switch in herb mode but it may be better as it will have pull-through air flow instead of just top airflow that I believe is the main problem with the switch flower mode, it just smolders...
I would not be purchasing either device for flower use as the title says (It would go nice at 450 on a little jhook) but being able to experiment with the latest tech on the cheap as an option with flower is a win in my book.
Plus it runs on 18650 batteries and has usb-c
Totally agree and I love playing around with shit!

But IF, somehow it magically perfectly fits a DV cap and works with actual temp control..? It would certainly be something that interests me... Otherwise, I'm fine with an og analog torch for heating portable 'trates... no cables/batteries/charging needed!

Last edited:
No, I don't agree... often much thought and design (r&d) goes into creating products used for vaping flower, even unregulated ones.

Temp control to combust weed...? Flower use is obviously an afterthought... as you well know, you can't just dump weed in a dish or banger and expect it to vape properly by simply applying heat... some material will vape, some won't.
I have an lsv
It with a M2M gog is essentially a banger setup and you just apply heat
It is a variable unregulated temp
Set it correctly and it works a treat
Too low not much vape
Too hot and it combusts easily

Other old versions of vapes were simply glass tubes packed with a screen and then the end heated with a torch (again unregulated)

I see this potentially has the ability to vape weed very well at 450
It just depends if the outside will get too hot compared to the middle of the bowl

The lsv though can get a charred top of bowl where the heat comes from and the rest is okay so similar idea again and has the possibility of functioning perfectly fine

I have a Carta for cordless and torchless bong vaping too

But this entices me for both trates and herb and the dv
Torches suck no matter how good I got at using them (bangers or dv)

IH rules for my dv
Coil rules for my halo sic or QB
The wand with its batteries and size looks great in theory and if it does flower as well as advertised it's a winner
I would actually like it for flower if has even extraction and no combustion as much as for dabs

Just want some proper reviews from thorough critics not paid influencers who spit the same line that was obviously given to them and don't actually test it fully

magically perfectly fits a DV cap
Definitely nothing special about an IH working with a DV cap, they pretty well all do, like you said the adjustable part is the special bit that is of real interest to the DV user along with the nice pocket factor and running on 18650s...but I mainly want it for rosin!

Definitely nothing special about an IH working with a DV cap, they pretty well all do, like you said the adjustable part is the special bit that is of real interest to the DV user along with the nice pocket factor and running on 18650s...but I mainly want it for rosin!
Nope, but it has to FIT. That's really the most important part, no...? Unless the hole is adjustabowl...? haha...

My little torch lighters are smaller than that thing and work PERFECTLY for rosin (if I could afford rosin)... the "flameproof" factor IHs provide are nice, however...

Last edited:
Nope, but it has to FIT. That's really the most important part, no...? Unless the hole is adjustabowl...? haha...

My little torch lighters are smaller than that thing and work PERFECTLY for rosin (if I could afford rosin)... the "flameproof" factor IHs provide are nice, however...
Doesn't matter how big the hole is for IH (within reason) just hold it in the middle
The dental units we were using had a huge hole and worked great for the dv

Small lighters are no good for a QB ime
Takes forever to heat one and wastes too much gas
Works on a dv but I still prefer a coil for nails/bangers and my IHs for dv

I love my dabpress, one of my best purchases
Homemade rosin rules

Doesn't matter how big the hole is for IH (within reason) just hold it in the middle
The dental units we were using had a huge hole and worked great for the dv
Unless the hole is too small, which I doubt of course... heh
From what I've read over the years, "great" is debatable for those desktop (AC) units...

Small lighters are no good for a QB ime
Takes forever to heat one and wastes too much gas
Works on a dv but I still prefer a coil for nails/bangers and my IHs for dv
I'm sorry that's your experience, they work fine for me, especially in tandem with cheap propane, as seen here:
1619526996257.png
"Works" on a DV is a bit of an understatement, no, seeing as that's how they're specifically designed to be heated? Again, sorry, you do not enjoy flame.

I love my dabpress, one of my best purchases
Homemade rosin rules
As I've said before, squishing my own rosin would only make sense if I grew my own weed or had a crazy cheap connection, of which I have neither, sux.

Glad you enjoy your homie, homie!

Last edited:
"great" is debatable for those desktop (AC) units...
They do work great, no doubt about it. A few had auto-sensing problems but that is adjustable inside the unit but the coil size does not matter too much it will take more power for a large coil (mains unit) and smallish coil for batteries, my homemade unit almost fits a 16mm banger (tomorrow tinkering when I can see properly again to make it fit as my pod fits in it nicely)...I have some more playing to do thanks to @Bologna reminding me how my homemade unit for rosin was a bit underpowered for rosin but may work with herb :science:

They do work great, no doubt about it. A few had auto-sensing problems but that is adjustable inside the unit but the coil size does not matter too much it will take more power for a large coil (mains unit) and smallish coil for batteries, my homemade unit almost fits a 16mm banger (tomorrow tinkering when I can see properly again to make it fit as my pod fits in it nicely)...I have some more playing to do thanks to @Bologna reminding me how my homemade unit for rosin was a bit underpowered for rosin but may work with herb :science:
I believe you may have missed the main point... that being this: "desktop (AC) units", which kinda makes it's inclusion in said discussion basically moot ftmp, no...?

(not even gonna mention how ugly those things are.... NOPE)

I believe you may have missed the main point... that being this: "desktop (AC) units", which kinda makes it's inclusion in said discussion basically moot ftmp, no...?

(not even gonna mention how ugly those things are.... NOPE)
How is it moot

The comparison was in how it works similar or not to the wand not the portability (raised by me) and that hole size doesn't stop them working
Then @LesPlenty mentioned it as you said those desktops weren't great and he had differing information

Lol, "little lighters work great in tandem with a blow torch"
(I have used the old car shed gas bottle before at my friend's haha, it's all he has)

You don't have to apologise to me for not liking a torch
It's my preference and it feels too cracky lol - had nothing to do with my ability to use a lighter effectively with the dv or QB
I'm not offended you like it and I like my IH - lots of things are personal preference in life, I was just sharing my experience buddy

I wish I could grow, I can't here
We don't really have concentrates here unless you make your own or know someone in the loop
But even squishing a quarter of bud you buy still would make the dabpress well worth it to me to own

I had a couple of desktop units of different makers
Most are really bloody good

The search is for portables that function as well as the desktops usually
The wand may or may not be a multi purpose tool that achieves this in some way
We are all yet to see atm

I'm not having a debate here with you and I don't think anyone else is either
You seem a little bit driven to reply and refute rather than share your experience and give your input here

I'm just sharing my thoughts and interest watching this new wand vape setup and sharing my experience with my other vapes

Last edited:
An erig with a feature I know some will like,
Vapor is Pulled Away from Atomizer not through like most E-Rigs, in the garb,
High Five Duo, you can get a polished SiC dish for it too
Lots to like...don't know about the glass but the silicon that holds it is removable and able to be swapped with one that lets you use any Peak glass or Carta.

An erig with a feature I know some will like,
Vapor is Pulled Away from Atomizer not through like most E-Rigs, in the garb,
High Five Duo, you can get a polished SiC dish for it too
Lots to like...don't know about the glass but the silicon that holds it is removable and able to be swapped with one that lets you use any Peak glass or Carta.

Nice
Similar to Carta and the others, but I do like the airpath like that a lot more

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back