Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

How does the terp pen compare to the Headbanger dip tip in terms of amount of conc needed?

I would like to get the better tasting hits, but other nectar collector types I've seen suck up a lot of rosin. Even with loading the terp pen every or every other hit, it is still a rosin miser.

I do see the fritted quartz atty getting popular. I bet we will soon see other brands and vapes with it.
I am sure there will be a number of new trate vapes in the works, they seem to be the new thing

I have found the HB to be rather frugal with the rosin too (maybe a bit less of a hog than the terp pen, bit maybe I was just using the pen a lot...lol)
I now tend to use the preloaded cups the most now more than the tip like when I first got it
Pack 6 cups and I am set for a while

One thing I noticed with the terp pen was that I was starting to cough small bits of black in the morning
Only small bits, but they were there
It stopped when I stopped using the terp pen
I think possibly the pen has a bit less flavour because it may be slightly combusting some of the rosin upon contact
Once wet I think it vapes it, but that first touch may be hot enough to crate a small amount of smoke
Just a guess on my behalf ime

Otherwise I did like the terp pen when I first got it

I like the dip atty on the HB over the terp pen for flavor but the Boundless terp pen is still my number 1 public use vape due to discretion (for 1 huge puff anyway) I think the HB takes a little more to first load the fritted quartz but does not take much to keep it going. I use both dippers the same way, puff to get hot, dip, then puff again etc. The HB can also be used to dozer through rosin like snorting speed through a C note if that is your desire, it does not overfill like a terp pen can when trying the piggy route.

I like the dip atty on the HB over the terp pen for flavor but the Boundless terp pen is still my number 1 public use vape due to discretion (for 1 huge puff anyway) I think the HB takes a little more to first load the fritted quartz but does not take much to keep it going. I use both dippers the same way, puff to get hot, dip, then puff again etc. The HB can also be used to dozer through rosin like snorting speed through a C note if that is your desire, it does not overfill like a terp pen can when trying the piggy route.
I did have rosin come through the cu path and clog up where the cups screw in from being too coke snorty with the dip tip
Pia to qtip/iso clean
But it does chug well if you push it :)

I did have rosin come through the cu path and clog up where the cups screw in from being too coke snorty with the dip tip
I must snort too slowly, I might have to try a bit harder!

Found a use for my mod box since I don't use the motar or quarta or crystal as I think they are mediocre

My cups for the HB were starting to get clogged
I would iso us clean and then water us clean

It works, but they still started to diminish in performance

Screw them onto the mod box
16 W and go
Do a few times till it stops spitting and smoking
The coil glows and burns off all the crap

Wow are they cloud makers now :)
Tasty strong hits again

I think they are mediocre
They are compared to the HB, great trick with the mod burn off. I have been using my dip atty today while I had a visitor, big tasty clouds!
I wonder if anyone jumped on the cheap sale you linked, I almost got a spare but have 5x extra of each atty and all the other bits.
I also see the black silicon container caps can hold a dab cup(thread screws into lid) and if you cut off the little black tali you can fit them in the magnetic cap for 3 on board!

They are compared to the HB, great trick with the mod burn off. I have been using my dip atty today while I had a visitor, big tasty clouds!
I wonder if anyone jumped on the cheap sale you linked, I almost got a spare but have 5x extra of each atty and all the other bits.
I also see the black silicon container caps can hold a dab cup(thread screws into lid) and if you cut off the little black tali you can fit them in the magnetic cap for 3 on board!
I got a spare one on sale
Was too cheap to pass
Still no reply from Linx though

So I broke one of my glass bubbler/mp attys for the HB
I was drip tipping and pulled it off (that's what she said) to check if it was seeping through the top where cups go
Then I pushed it back in place and the bottom of the unit came out all together smashing the lip of the bubbler on the top of unit
The bottom had wires attached etc
I just pushed it back into place
Spare bubbler and back in business
Could slide some silicone tube over the glass tube as only the lip shattered to use in future if I want
Will now hold thumb on bottom when inserting glass mp

Otherwise when the battery dies there is easy access to swap out :)
Two screws on top probably easier way to do so but it is possible

I received my HB recently. It sure does open the world when you've been vaping flower. During my first couple of days using it, I found that I've only maintained my house

minimally. However, the weekend is gone and life returns. I can't add to the discussion, I've only used the dipper half a dozen times, and the cup, not at all. I will, once I

get a better feel for using something quite foreign. As much as everyone helps, I'm still somewhat afraid I will do something foolish. I used ( syringe ) cannabis oil for the

dipper. Should I use that for the cup too? Or something else? ( I can get shatter or crmbl ) The cups sound like they are difficult to clean, should I stick with the dipper?

I especially like the HB for night use. I wake and can't fall back to sleep. I can, with the HB, for sure. I would buy this again, it's quite enjoyable.

I received my HB recently. It sure does open the world when you've been vaping flower. During my first couple of days using it, I found that I've only maintained my house

minimally. However, the weekend is gone and life returns. I can't add to the discussion, I've only used the dipper half a dozen times, and the cup, not at all. I will, once I

get a better feel for using something quite foreign. As much as everyone helps, I'm still somewhat afraid I will do something foolish. I used ( syringe ) cannabis oil for the

dipper. Should I use that for the cup too? Or something else? ( I can get shatter or crmbl ) The cups sound like they are difficult to clean, should I stick with the dipper?

I especially like the HB for night use. I wake and can't fall back to sleep. I can, with the HB, for sure. I would buy this again, it's quite enjoyable.
The cups are easier to clean than the dip tip Esp if have a modbox, I just put on after a few and burn off on 16 then qtip clean
Dip tips don't screw in

I think you could syringe the cups
But maybe wax or crumble would be better so it doesn't run ?

I used the dip tip the other day and it works as well as always just less efficient
But I still prefer the cups
Better clouds and more of them
Better taste and fuller flavour on green then finish on red
And I feel a lot less waste and maybe I get more high because of that

Also I have a few cups packed and ready to go so easy swap and vape
Can carry it around the house or public no problems and vape away or outside watering the garden
Easy to load when needed just push my rosin down onto the quartz
About half full cup

I reckon you can use syringe or oil in a cup
I have used feco, but I used straight away
But maybe not for preloads as it could leak possibly while waiting to use

Glad you are happy with you HB
I got a spare one during the sale I like mine that much for such a low price

Last edited:
I actually prefer the dipper for taste (and use at home) as it gets a reload every dip, I usually puff then dip while the tip is still hot to load ready for the next rip, rinse and repeat (the quartz cup took some filling initially but is taking a while to get through. The cups are much more discrete than the dipper when out and about though, for sure!

The syringe would make filling the cups nice and easy, just fill the outside 'moat' and the oil (if thick enough) might not leak through the fritted quartz?
I would fill to level with the top of the quartz (on the outside of the fritted block) then keep an eye through the middle hole for any leakage, worth a try (if you see it bleed through vape it quick so you don't waste any in a mess).
Very interested in your findings, not for me as I will probably never get access to such things, but may be of use to others.

So I killed one of my cups

It just stopped producing heat part way through a sesh

I think it was having the modbox at 16 for cleaning
I decided prior to this one dying to lower the wattage for cup cleansing

I had been using it on 11w to clean a cup recently as I thought it might be glowing too much at 16 and possibly burn them out
Looks like I had achieved this with one of my cups already

Qtip iso wipe out and then 11w burn off and final wipe out works well
May even drop to 10w to be safe

Still have 5 running fine and a spare set with HB on the way

Last edited:
I ultrasonic cleaned one of my glass bubblers off the HB and the small internal glass tube broke...hmm, my ultrasonic cleaner seems to be quite rough on some items.
I should have got a spare black unit when they were on sale...next time!

I ultrasonic cleaned one of my glass bubblers off the HB and the small internal glass tube broke...hmm, my ultrasonic cleaner seems to be quite rough on some items.
I should have got a spare black unit when they were on sale...next time!
Lol that you said a spare black one
I ordered a spare rainbow..haha

I don't use water in mine as you drink it all
So as long as you don't get glass in the lungs I guess it would still work?

The glass is thin on the bubbler part I worry about breaking them after the first mishap

Great unit and especially for the price
Just needs a bit of care I guess to keep running
No complaints from me though
It's currently my most used vape tbh

I actually prefer the dipper for taste (and use at home) as it gets a reload every dip, I usually puff then dip while the tip is still hot to load ready for the next rip, rinse and repeat (the quartz cup took some filling initially but is taking a while to get through. The cups are much more discrete than the dipper when out and about though, for sure!
@LesPlenty I noticed that you said you rinsed the tip- With what? How?

I noticed that you said you rinsed the tip-
Hehe, sorry for misleading, that is just a saying 'rinse and repeat' means to keep doing the same thing, again and again.
I am still trying to work out how to clean, back to back burn-offs on red until no more vapor is one way and I have also soaked in a shallow lid of iso(just the tip) for an hour or 2 then do some red burn-offs.
@felvapes has used a mod to do burn off cleaning but might have reduced a coils life span by doing so (too much power, now trying 10w)...so we are still learning if you want to experiment and post your findings too, that would be helpful.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back