Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What The Hell Are You Listening To?

When The Giants Of Indian Classical Music Collided With Psychedelic San Francisco

In May of 1970, at a San Francisco concert venue best known for reverberating with the sounds of the Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane, three masters of Indian classical music took the stage for a celebration of Indian ragas. The concert was recorded by another legend of the time: Owsley Stanley, the man who designed the Dead's innovative sound system, as well as making what was reputed to be the best LSD of its day. That recording is now available as a live album, titled Bear's Sonic Journals: That Which Colors the Mind. [NPR Bilal Qureshi January 23, 2021]

MONSTER ALERT!!

Love his interpretations of the Standards, "Pop" or otherwise featured here w/electric bass, as well as his own creations... (supposedly, he always sat on a "yellow pages" and he couldn't read music... and yet he is perhaps one of the most astonishing soloists of all time in the jazz arena...):

Erroll Garner - Magician (FULL ALBUM PLAYLIST)

Arguably (by me) maybe the greatest "Pop" song ever penned.... and he OWNS it!:

Erroll Garner Something 1972

My favorite getting high album. Mezzanine by Massive Attack
Angel
Dissolved girl
Black Milk
My favorites from a great album/tape/CD/MP3/iTunes....don't know what format to reference

Could not find a Black Milk video, best I could do
This song is great in a full system, devices do not do it justice
Have to practice posting content, just up to my eyebrows with thin layer chromatography and trying to shoot an instructional video

yes this is a stellar album.
i love this format fluidity (?) you mention, same here, it has been on my vinyl wishlist for years, but all started with tapes for me.
this is also a favourite, similar time, aged well too imo

They do a great orchestral rendition of this song

Dev-Rush and The Ramones Were a yearly staple growing up
Love Red Barchetta, perfect road song

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back