Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Your concentrate to dry herb use ratio

Doing far more trates than flower over the holidays this year. I'm by no means an expert dabber. A new friend whom I may be working for had a several hour, planned lay over in KC so we could meet face to face... Any ways I had intentionally left a couple of my glass pieces out in the open but still not easily seen with a quick glance.

She noticed a newer incycler saying " Your not doing weed with that one ". Soooo 4 hours of Christmas was spent doing more dabs than Ive done in 2 years while arguing about the best way to heat a banger :)
It was very nice while at the same time a surreal few hours. On a couple of different levels.

She left & now it's just me, my favorite brew in my favored coffee cup

Attachments

• 20201226_125734.jpg
    20201226_125734.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I don't use enough concentrates.
Too lazy to pull out the hair iron.
After a broken wrist, pressing rosin became less fun, might be a reason. I was thinking of buying a rosin press, but was concerned I wouldn't grow enough to press. Didn't want to press all my flower, then be anxiously waiting for my next crop to come in. I went with waiting on the press, and waiting on my crop. It would be sad to have a nice press, and having nothing to put in it. Now I'm thinking 420 sales might find me a press.
That would increase my concentrate usage, for sure.

I'd have to have a vast abundance of surplus herb before I would commit to doing anything other than using it dry.

I blasted some herb back when BHO was a thing and was disappointed. Granted, it was done pretty ghetto.

Done outdoors so that I didn't explode my house, every mosquito within a half mile homed in on my CO2 signature. It was bizarre.

Unless I had so much that I couldn't keep up with it, I would definately stick to dry herb if I was growing.

For dabs, it's way much to work for me.

I'm almost exclusively flower these days with 'trates just on occasion. I just like the effects better.

To the extent that I'm going to put up for sale my NewVape Micro-20 rosin press and accessories.

Actually, hope to get that posted later today. Just do not use it.

I'd have to have a vast abundance of surplus herb before I would commit to doing anything other than using it dry.

I blasted some herb back when BHO was a thing and was disappointed. Granted, it was done pretty ghetto.

Done outdoors so that I didn't explode my house, every mosquito within a half mile homed in on my CO2 signature. It was bizarre.

Unless I had so much that I couldn't keep up with it, I would definately stick to dry herb if I was growing.

For dabs, it's way much to work for me.
I have no idea how much you'd have to grow to have enough for both flower and rosin for the year. I was concerned that I'd press and not have enough flower left to get through the next season. Now I'm both getting more confident about growing, and thinking I have no idea what I'm doing with a grow. @LesPlenty inspires me that it can be done, and if my outdoor isn't enough, there is indoor to try.

I'm pleased to hear how many lotus eaters are still out there. I would worry if no one was into it. I am totally guessing on this, but imagine it's cheaper to extract THC on a large, commercial scale than it is to harvest, trim, dry, sort and then distribute dry herb. So if the producers don't have enough demand for it it will become harder to find and more expensive (just a theory, the economics of cannabis fascinates me)

The concentrate thing is probably largely driven by millenials and younger who like the convenience of it too. I get it, it's like hitting McDonald's, quick, tasty, maybe not something you should consume every day.....except more expensive.

Most of the people that I know are at least as old as me....so I see mostly old school smokers....destined to go the way of the dinosaurs.

On a value basis, I'll choose the slower, more ritualistic use of herb as my preferred method of consumption. This shit is expensive.....even if you grow (inputs), so why rush?

BUY FLOWER!!!
20210110_145450.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back