Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds CBD Quick chocolate experience

View attachment 40937View attachment 40938

Been a little while since I went to the dispo
Some pain relief, sleep and recreation
Picked up a cbdv-a cultivar
Some GG#4 my favorite

Some pre rolls for extraction $5 a piece or 5 for $20
These are a good way to get into advanced extraction and filtering

My plan is to use the cbdv-a and cbg together to make a high concentrate topical
Still trying to figure out if a decarb is even necessary
Anti inflammation is my goal
Not sure if a topical would work but if it can reduce a little swelling and not interfere with pain relief then that would be nice

I have tried every topical
Only Voltaren worked and that was more pain relief than inflammation

Rain and 30f-40f (-1c to 4c) weather ahead so leveling the backyard should be fun
If you decarb the cbdv-a it will become cbdv
There are benefits to both raw and decarbed ingredients
Just depends what the need/purpose is

If you decarb the cbdv-a it will become cbdv
There are benefits to both raw and decarbed ingredients
Just depends what the need/purpose is

We are in a knowledge gap as these cultivars become more available
I'm still learning chemistry and organic chemistry
I forgot everything and what little I remembered was a conflated mess
Operating at a knowledge deficit, had to work my way up to being ignorant

The research I have done has pointed to the acid forms of the cannabinoid possessing more medicinal compounds
The info is dated and more current research has come out
Its a grind reading and sorting the relative information
The carboxyl groups and their interactions with other molecules is fascinating and it only takes me a day now to read a paragraph
Comprehending is a different story

The raw form may be the best way to start
I have decarb on the brain from thc activation

There is a difference in the decarb of cbd and cbg

Down a rabbit hole to find out if cbd-a and cbg-a are better choices for anti inflammatory properties

Then comes the topical recipe as I have to choose a carrier for skin absorption
This may be where I finally experiment with a homogenizer with sonication in an attempt to achieve a nano emulsion

I'm posting the above hoping it is ok with MOTG
Going for anti inflammatory compounds
My initial thought was a topical but the information makes it clear that extraction and infusion into mct oil with lecithin for liposomal encapsulation and a pass through the liver is the most efficient way to deliver the most compounds

Many many articles on this subject
Just grabbed an obvious one for an example

Extortion time for my dispo
Get me access to testing my tincture and I will buy your flower with NO thc

If the CBG and associated compounds act like processed thc then this may offer a little relief

Processed the vape poo!

IMG_20230104_114938.jpgIMG_20230104_120924.jpgIMG_20230104_121134.jpgIMG_20230104_121857.jpgIMG_20230104_124442.jpgIMG_20230104_134738.jpgIMG_20230104_171130.jpgIMG_20230104_171154.jpgIMG_20230104_171715.jpgIMG_20230104_174036.jpgIMG_20230104_174158.jpg

2.5 liters of alcohol to process
Now to test the tincture with a lab

A bit of an accident
Made a batch of infused chocolates for a friend and forgot to add the coconut oil to the cannabis and lecithin mixture
Reported it in order to get the chocolates back to correct the problem (to do this heat up the bowl of coconut oil you left on top of the fridge and mix in 3-5 grams of chocolate and mix until combined, then add the rest of the chocolates one at a time and gently mix, chocolate texture may suffer a little but should not get grainy as long as your temps are low; A little over a 100f (40c) will get it done)
Friend decided to try them and reported not feeling as "heavy" when waking up
Chose to keep this batch and may order a 50/50 next time half with, half without coconut oil

This is an observation and any or all of this could change in a couple of days
Does help to boost our recommendation of lecithin to help with uptake
Research liposomal encapsulation and cannabis
New information is coming out and the info I have is old

My take is that the cbd/thc got stripped down as it passed to the liver from lack of encapsulation
This produced a diminished effect
Just my stoned on sour kush thinking

About to move onto CBD &CBG flower after a delay
Then the subject of a natural decarb came up
4 month process but the results from my previous tincture makes this an equal or better option

My thought is to have a CBG tincture, a CBD tincture and a THC tincture
Work with different ratios to experience the effects
May move to straight MCT oil over the coconut oil
1-2 drops for a dose

Thank you for sharing your experience with CBD chocolates. It's good to hear that your wife found relief from her pain and could get some rest. CBD has become increasingly popular in recent years because of its potential to help with various health issues, including pain relief and improved sleep. I've read a lot about it and recently started using CBD oil. However, I've become interested in making chocolate, and it will turn out to be something incredible, and I'm going to practice it often. Keep up the excellent work with your homemade CBD chocolates!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back