Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Following 46 cases of bleach ingestions in the North Texas Poison Center region since the start of August, experts are again warning people that drinking the chemical won’t prevent COVID-19.

The organization pointed to “misleading and inaccurate information circulating online about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” for an uptick in poisonings.

I can’t believe this is still going on. Don’t believe stupid shit!! BLEACH WILL KILL YOU!! This is what people take when they want to kill themselves. Also bleach will blind you if it gets in your eyes.

Haha, Vic'Bloody'toria Australia...a good place to drive through to get somewhere nice. :myday:

I lived in Melbourne for a number of years & the morons flouting the lockdown are fuckwits that need a good kicking. No one I know down there wants to be locked down but it is what it is & they are accepting it.

To put things into perspective for our American friends. Victoria has a population of just over 6 million so similar in size to the three other examples. They are in stage 4 for the next 5 weeks I think. Gotta try & nip this in the bud before things get worse.

Screenshot_20200826-173259_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200826-173725_Chrome.jpg
20200826_173558.jpg
20200826_173543.jpg

A quick shout out to @Madri-Guy, hope you are coping well and keep up the good work...making your mother and your profession proud. Same goes for all the other less thought of front liners like poor old school teachers, hotel workers, army guys looking after these isolation areas etc etc.
I am glad to see daily numbers in Vic falling and hope we can survive the economic hurt to come.
I am not sure if it is politically correct but I hope our local pollies stick to their guns and keep the borders with Vic and NSW shut and not bow to economic pressure(some rich ahole retailers and their reps/lapdogs).

Last edited:
Is it safe to go to the grocery store? Can my kids have a play date? Will the other child wear a mask? Can I send them back to school? When my boss asks me to come back to the office, should I?

Shayla Bell lies awake at night racking her brain for answers and preparing for another day of unprecedented choices.

"There's all these little, small decisions all the time," said Bell, a suburban Chicago retail professional with two kids. "I find myself being my own devil’s advocate so often to try to reach the best conclusion. And I’m tired."

Six months since the United States declared the coronavirus pandemic a state of emergency, millions of isolated Americans are at their wits' end, exhausted from making a seemingly endless series of health and safety decisions for themselves and their loved ones. There's a name for this phenomenon, and researchers call it decision fatigue.

There's always a range, and with millions of cases worldwide, we're bound to see outliers. But at least four cases of reinfection have been documented, this one after less than two months and with severe symptoms. We could be left with another cold virus - one that can kill.

Genomic Evidence for a Case of Reinfection with SARS-CoV-2
Abstract
The degree of protective immunity conferred by infection with SARS-CoV-2 is currently unknown. As such, the possibility of reinfection with this virus is not well understood. Herein, we describe the data from an investigation of two instances of SARS-CoV-2 infection in the same individual. Through nucleic acid sequence analysis, the viruses associated with each instance of infection were found to possess a degree of genetic discordance that cannot be explained reasonably through short-term in vivo evolution. We conclude that it is possible for humans to become infected multiple times by SARS-CoV-2, but the generalizability of this finding is not known.

Italian Doc says don't do it!
Mods, I tried to reformat vid but this link is legit.

Keep those lungs healthy! Feeling much better after quitting e-cig vaping for COVID. Didn't take long for lungs to recover. Seems disgusting now.

Association Between Youth Smoking, Electronic Cigarette Use, and Coronavirus Disease 2019

Abstract
Purpose
This study aimed to assess whether youth cigarette and electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) use are associated with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) symptoms, testing, and diagnosis.
Methods
An online national survey of adolescents and young adults (n = 4,351) aged 13–24 years was conducted in May 2020. Multivariable logistic regression assessed relationships among COVID-19–related symptoms, testing, and diagnosis and cigarettes only, e-cigarettes only and dual use, sociodemographic factors, obesity, and complying with shelter-in-place.
Results
COVID-19 diagnosis was five times more likely among ever-users of e-cigarettes only (95% confidence interval [CI]: 1.82–13.96), seven times more likely among ever-dual-users (95% CI: 1.98–24.55), and 6.8 times more likely among past 30-day dual-users (95% CI: 2.40–19.55). Testing was nine times more likely among past 30-day dual-users (95% CI: 5.43–15.47) and 2.6 times more likely among past 30-day e-cigarette only users (95% CI: 1.33–4.87). Symptoms were 4.7 times more likely among past 30-day dual-users (95% CI: 3.07–7.16).
Conclusions
COVID-19 is associated with youth use of e-cigarettes only and dual use of e-cigarettes and cigarettes, suggesting the need for screening and education.[quote/]

Oxford University to resume vaccine trial after pause

Scientist at the Oxford Vaccine Group's facility in Oxford on 24 June 2020
Image copyrightREUTERS
Trials of a Covid-19 vaccine being developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University will resume after being paused due to a reported side effect in a patient in the UK.
On Tuesday, AstraZeneca said the studies were being paused while it investigated whether the adverse reaction was linked with the vaccine.
But on Saturday, the university said it had been deemed safe to continue.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock welcomed the news that the trials would resume.
"This pause shows we will always put safety first. We will back our scientists to deliver an effective vaccine as soon as safely possible," he added.
The university said in a statement that it was "expected" that "some participants will become unwell" in large trials such as this one.
It added that the studies could now resume following the recommendations of an independent safety review committee and the UK regulator, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.

It would not disclose information about the patient's illness for confidentiality reasons, but the New York Times reported that a volunteer in the UK trial had been diagnosed with transverse myelitis, an inflammatory syndrome that affects the spinal cord and can be ca

edit
Another subject completely. Irresponsible sending college students back to school. It’s spreading the pandemic all over the United States. They should have stayed home and take online classes. Watching these students on the news, disregarding health rules even though they have the virus - just over the top with stupidity. I just feel so frustrated, we need to lower the risk for folks so we can get along with our lives wearing masks and staying separated and try not to get sick. At least until this is stamped down to a manageable level.

Last edited:

I wonder why did all the college kids go back to college? Maybe to socialize? This is why we can’t get this epidemic under control because of idiots.
Up above @Helios that’s a meme and makes our top science guy look rediculious. Just my opinion. Doesn’t help the situation. I’m sorry if I’m breaking a rule. It’s just frustrating is all, I’m close to the line, I know. Sorry if I’m offending you.
I tried looking for that picture in a legit spot and couldn’t find it. Fauci says he spends a lot of his valued time debunking conspiracy theories like using bleach in your body!

Last edited:
revelation 13:5
The video only went for just over 4 minutes, how could something have been reveled at 13 and a half minutes?
Up above @Helios that’s a meme and makes our top science guy look rediculious
I actually follow this thread here on VA specifically to get away from all the doom and gloom on normal news outlets...I would not go to somewhere called 'The padded cell' for completely serious content.
That said, I find it funny that Fausti is being targetted more now he is no longer pals with the boss.
Surely he would not have said or was taken out of context for the Meme dig above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back