Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shower that virus out of your lungs
You can carry and pass on with out knowledge for at least two weeks

This is why you should take precautions

Not for your safety but others and to stop the spread
Not travel the world without care for others

Anyway

I've stayed out of this on purpose and will go back to doing so

Just larfed at that comment as you did nothing

Hold on now what your saying is based on assumptions you've made & the possibility I'm much dumber than I think.
I'm among the most tested people on the planet. Sometimes every other 3rd day for weeks on end. Most times I've been tested a day or 2 prior to seeing my parents plus days if not weeks prior.

While I didn't mention it, unless outside I am masked while at my parents as is any one else who visits.

I gotta quit drinking wine for the night & stay out of this thread.

At a thousand deaths a day we should be at 400,000 by January.
Ah, could you explain that math to me?

Also, while I adamantly agree that lives should be cherished and protected if at all possible, I also recognize that a person dies from a stoke ever 40 seconds in the USA and about 2,500 people die a day from cardio vascular disease alone.

Does that mean I think we should ignore COVID precautions....no, it does not. But it does help to put things in perspective...at least is does for me.

1605064608311.png

Covid is out of control right now with winter approaching. People are indoors, holidays are coming the cases will go up. The stats I gave previous were from the University of WA. I’m not a math whiz or that smart. Those stats were from a while back. It was also if folks didn’t wear a mask. Maybe it will be February before we hit 400,000 lives lost, does it really matter? It’s like picking fly shit out of pepper. We will eventually be there. I hope myself and the U of W are wrong. There were 1400 deaths just yesterday.

Doctors Without Borders are here in the U.S to help with the pandemic humanitarian crisis. They go to the worlds worst hot spots of need. Think about it. We are the wealthiest country and we need Doctors Without Borders.

College football is called off this weekend I just heard. . Not enough players that don’t have Covid. This is the worst preventable death. 65,000 people hospitalized today in America with this illness.

Last edited:
2_US Positive (2).png

Sure, it charts untold suffering and death, but you have to admit, it's an impressive curve. And there's virtually no chance the US will do anything at all about it at the federal level for two more months! Shall we start a poll to guess how high it will go? :nut:

And there's virtually no chance the US will do anything at all about it at the federal level for two more months! Shall we start a poll to guess how high it will go? :nut:

Two more months?....you mean, when a vaccine will be most likely rolling into the field. The vaccine that couldn't possibly be ready by anywhere this point in time?

Cut the dog whistle political crap, will you. Like NOBODY can fucking see the political insinuation in this. FFS.

In the beginning the vaccine will only be available to health workers. People that are at high risk. Children won’t be given the vaccine for awhile, not sure how long? It will need to be studied on children is what I hear. I hope it’s ready for children come spring.
it will probably be spring until the general population will have it available. On par with what Fouci had been saying. At 25 million doses per month if everything goes to plan. America has never done this sort of wide spread new vaccine distribution that needs special refrigeration than other vaccines. I think it also requires 2 doses. The risk is some people won’t go back for the second dose.

edit
Not sure if I want to be on the front lines to get this vaccine. I will wait for a while. They are unsure how long the vaccine will last for. It’s come out so fast they haven’t had time to get that data. We may need to live with this virus for a long time is what some doctors and scientist say.

Last edited:
Two more months?....you mean, when a vaccine will be most likely rolling into the field. The vaccine that couldn't possibly be ready by anywhere this point in time?

Cut the dog whistle political crap, will you. Like NOBODY can fucking see the political insinuation in this. FFS.
No, meant the incoming administration. Looking forward to depoliticizing nature (now there's an FFS) and working together to confront it.

Not at all disappointed to be on a fast track to effective vaccines. With so many similar vaccines in the pipeline, it's beginning to seem likely that a winner or two will emerge.

I have it now. To be honest I'm not really worried about it. It is my belief all need to take precautions but few need to be concerned with dieing from it or suffering from lasting issues. The doctors at least five I'm in contact with agree, one does not.

When you have death & politics as a topic intermingled together it is seldom a good thing on an open forum.
Being new here it is far more important to me that I get along & be respectful of all of you than speak of my beliefs or political leanings.
More than happy to do it "cordially" in a PM.

Im really getting comfortable here & wish no bad things to come of it. Jeff :)

When you have death & politics as a topic intermingled together it is seldom a good thing on an open forum.
Here's to a full and speedy recovery! Your realistic attitude is healthy.

If nothing else, the suggestion that prioritizing the pandemic's winter wave is unlikely in the next two months was counterproductive. A poor attempt at morbid humor in the face of a wave that makes the two preceding it look like playful ripples. But now is the time we have to stand up to it, together, not in two months.

Disrupt, Thanks for that.​

Feeling worse today since finding out. I think I'm 5- 8 days in, just aches & run down. Feels like the flu to me at this point.​

I went for a 8 mile ride on the bike yesterday. Wont be pedaling anything today :)​

More hopeful COVID news. It's beginning to seem like life could return to normal before long. Never expected it.

Immunological memory to SARS-CoV-2 assessed for greater than six months after infection

Jennifer M Dan, Jose Mateus, Yu Kato, Kathryn M Hastie, Caterina Faliti, Sydney I Ramirez, April Frazier, Esther D Yu, Alba Grifoni, Stephen A Rawlings, Bjoern Peters, Florian Krammer, Viviana Simon, Erica O Saphire, Davey Smith, Daniela Weiskopf, Alessandro Sette, Shane Crotty

Abstract
Understanding immune memory to SARS-CoV-2 is critical for improving diagnostics and vaccines, and for assessing the likely future course of the pandemic. We analyzed multiple compartments of circulating immune memory to SARS-CoV-2 in 185 COVID-19 cases, including 41 cases at > 6 months post-infection. Spike IgG was relatively stable over 6+ months. Spike-specific memory B cells were more abundant at 6 months than at 1 month. SARS-CoV-2-specific CD4+ T cells and CD8+ T cells declined with a half-life of 3-5 months. By studying antibody, memory B cell, CD4+ T cell, and CD8+ T cell memory to SARS-CoV-2 in an integrated manner, we observed that each component of SARS-CoV-2 immune memory exhibited distinct kinetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back