Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for discussing and not shutting down the thread, @momofthegoons. Will behave more appreciatively. We think socially. Cut off from communication, we just think in circles. In real life, never encounter some of these opinions. Many other differences, but working in the public health sphere, everyone agrees on the context of the pandemic. That encourages assumptions, and assumptions should be challenged. Especially grateful to discard shoddy opinions when someone calls attention to them, as happened several times.

Also, COVID is absolutely captivating to someone who spent a few heady years of youth studying genetics in the 1980s. Could come off as insensitive considering that most have experienced only hardship.

Hopefully, we can all let go of COVID soon, and the thread will die a natural death. Purely opinion, but think that's a good bet. It's not easy for the virus to completely evade immunity while retaining function. Surprising that it's taken a solid step in that direction already, but another would be even more surprising. Demand for vaccines far outweighs supply. Infection rates have farther to fall. Evidence of vaccine safety and benefit will mount. By the time it matters most, it could no longer be an issue.

There is a difference between arguing and discussing. And you've said it yourself... you are arguing.

Here's the thing... it's not just that last comment. It's a series of comments that have set the tone of your posts. So again I ask you to please dial it back more.

I can see that my use of the word 'dismissive' has you and Disrupt scratching your head. I was being polite. I could have used a stronger word... and I feel my following up with the adjective 'condescending' might have cleared that up? I think you are both smart enough to know exactly what my point was.

Indeed. And it escalated to a point last week where I had to step in and say that going forward I was going to be moderating this thread much heavier than in the past. And... given the amount of warning points and mod posts since it seems like no one was taking me seriously.

Btw... the discussing of moderation posts is also against the rules. So I don't expect this one to be discussed further. If you have anything more to say to me about this, do it via pm.
I wasn't meaning to debate your modding

Just the thread

I also should have used both the word condescending and dismissive in my post as they both happen by most ppl as in my statement the whole way regardless

As I said I wasn't taking sides or defending anyone
Just making observations

I'll jump out of this again.....this room feels like I'm in high school again

Certainly doesn't feel like a room of adults - or a room of stoners lol

Happy vaping ppl

Reactions: arb
Its been a difficult year. I do better if I learn as much as I can about a subject, I feel like I’m doing something. I might not be doing any good but I don’t feel so helpless. I feel like I’m being pro active wearing a mask and keeping my distance. I appreciate all the ongoing information that @Disrupt gives us on the thread.

I have gone back to working in a building with people around but still feel somewhat isolated. I do like having a spirited debate but we don’t have to treat others with such disrespect. I love debating an interesting subject without crazy conspiracy theories. That’s what’s creating the discourse.

This has been life or death for some. We just all want to be healthy and not catch this virus or our loved ones to get sick with covid. :peace:

@momofthegoons - this thread has been and is a hot mess. We can all have our own opinions on who may or may not be the constant fucking pea under the saddle. I have my view and it will stay with me.

With that said, I really do think this thread should be shut down as insofar as I can see the principal response to your warnings has been for the member to quibble about what they posted and push back and justify their content.

And it does NOT appear that this will change.

I say shut it down....if the kids can't play nicely (incl me) then take their bat and ball away.

Cheers

Last edited:
@momofthegoons - this thread has been and is a hot mess. We can all have our own opinions on who may or may not be the constant fucking pea under the saddle. I have my view and it will stay with me.

With that said, I really do think this thread should be shut down as insofar as I can see the principal response to your warnings has been for the member to quibble about what they posted and push back and justify their content.

And it does NOT appear that this will change.

I say shut it down....if the kids can't play nicely (incl me) then take their bat and ball away.

Cheers
Spankings...........it's the only way to make sure.

Spankings...........it's the only way to make sure.
You know, some people pay for that kind of treatment. hahaha

1614357796501.png

It looks as though votes are being cast, in the absence of ballots or voter invitation being offered, concerning the fate of this thread.
We are all adults and should not have to run from a thread because it does not please all members.
Members that don't like the thread can easily "unwatch" the thread and then they would not even be advised of new posts/content!
Thanks for discussing and not shutting down the thread
One opinion......
Here comes another.....
... wait for it......
I say shut it down.
A differing opinion.
I feel that the thread gives information, and also a place for members that are affected by Covid a chance to vent.
I do believe that the thread needs the increased monitoring that @momofthegoons has initiated.
She has been more than patient with members that "talk back" as they are being warned....
For the Forum's benefit, @momofthegoons may be backed into a corner and could easily
start issuing sanctions, like suspensions for a day, a week, or more depending on the severity of the issue.
Sure... a member or two may get angry... may even throw tantrums (which we would not see as they would be gone for a time!), but
I would bet anything that the heat in this thread would die down, and further "warnings" would be
few and far between.
Meanwhile I suggest the "unwatch" button for those that are feeling irritated.
Another suggestion is for all to behave as we would if we were sitting at the same table.
It is all too easy to express hostility from the anonymous perch of a computer keyboard.
If one does not enjoy this thread, just don't view this thread.

Last edited:
This is a pretty good NBC News Broadcast about a long term care facility very close to my home.
I have 3 patients that I work with that are residents there.
I had 4, but we lost one to Covid.
NBC News on Devon Gables
The good news is that we are now down from a 29% positivity rate to an amazing 10% rate.
The percentage started dropping rapidly, once all business owners and the police began adhering to
and enforcing the Mask laws.
Vaccinations are still in short supply in Tucson, but I am in a "second wave" priority group, and should be able to schedule vaccination #1 within a week or two.
Wishing everyone a good weekend, and hope that all stay safe!

Projected profits for moderna and Pfizer
They were in the right industry at the right time.
I also read one projection that claims they could split as much as 40 Billion in profits!

I am a tight arse, I would go the Sputnik!

• Haha
Reactions: arb
I see some human rights court cases coming up...
Its looking like the people who choose not to take the experimental "apparently optional" vaccine, will be heavily discriminated against in many areas of life...
So without a vaccine i am due to be a landlocked prisoner unable to leave my country...
While in my country im gonna be stopped from going the social settings.. like cinima ect... and any other buisiness that decides to enforce this...

Whatever side you are with regards to the virus, surely we all agree that forcing people to have chemicals injected into them against their will is wrong.. my body my choice.. and that shit is black and white...
I predict a future shit storm here...
Thoughts????

Edit:- and please can people try be nice....

Thoughts????
This is not a position being posted for purposes of argument or discussion.
Edit:- and please can people try be nice....
@Kellya86 stated opinion, and then asked a simple question, and I am responding simply with my opinion.
This opinion is spoken in gentle tones and is not intended as an argument about your statement.
I predict:
  1. There will be resistance from people with a similar view as @Kellya86 .
  2. Covid will reach a lower positivity rate, thanks to those who have taken the vaccine, properly distanced, & remained masked.
  3. The virus will linger for a longer time due to vaccine rejection, but the immunized public will remain safe from infection.
  4. Down the road, those that did not take the vaccine to protect their human rights will be able to preserve their self-esteem, and their protect their health by rationalizing that the vaccine has been around long enough to have been proven safe, and then they too will get vaccinated and be allowed leave their countries and enjoy all of the other things that they did before the virus (including safety from infection).
I think that Covid could continue to mutate, and have variations, and that one day the Covid Vaccine will be given in infancy as was the mandatory smallpox vaccine.
Further I believe that eventually as in the case of Smallpox, the Vaccinations during childhood will eradicate this infectious disease.

Last edited:
Its looking like the people who choose not to take the experimental "apparently optional" vaccine, will be heavily discriminated against in many areas of life...
So without a vaccine i am due to be a landlocked prisoner unable to leave my country...
While in my country im gonna be stopped from going the social settings.. like cinima ect... and any other buisiness that decides to enforce this...

... in ontario right now if you get vaccinated you still have to follow the same restrictions, masks, social distancing etc... making the vaccine pointless imo because the best they say it will do is maybe prevent death... when anyone 60 or younger has a high rate of survival anyways... and the ontario government is looking into wearable tech to help people social distance (which is retarded on its own). i look at that as theyre not going to have covid leave anytime soon.

...if covid is an actual threat, they should act like it is and maybe hold out vaccines until they get something that works so we dont need to continue with all the bullshit. because unless we can go back to pre-covid times imo any vaccine is useless and just making people money... and even if i choose not to get vaccinated and everyone else dose... whats the harm? their vaccinated there 'safe'...

At 70 years of age, and with multiple health concerns, I was worried about when I could get vaccinated.
I have been trying daily for an appointment for over a month now. I've been waking early and logging on to the state and the County's websites, but there are never any available slots.
I was told that people cancel and that I should continue my attempts.
This morning at 3:30 there were no available slots for the next 2 weeks.
At 4:10 I decided to try one more time before going back to sleep for a while......
I'm in!
I logged onto the State's website for the final time as there was a cancellation (actually there were 2 cancellations).
This is a relief to me.
Of course I will remain masked, and continue to distance, for although I will be protected, I could potentially still spread the virus.

Last edited:
@Kellya86 here you go mate.
@Vitolo
I'd agree with you but we'd both be wrong.:cheers:

A rabbi gives 31 reasons why he's not taking the jab
Another F1 racer refuses to stick it in

Next I'll dive into the fraud that is the PCR testing.

I go today in about an hour to get my first Moderna shot. I am entirely good with this, I'm actually, like @Vitolo, I'm overjoyed and relieved to get my appointments, I believe that the efficacy of this vaccine has indeed been proven with a high degree of confidence, and frankly don't give a crap what anybody else thinks about it! haha

@Vitolo - same fucking deal here in Maryland. We have "mass vaccinations sites" like at stadiums and Six Flags and you register to get appt notifications via text. Once registered, you get texts with links to sign up for appts. At 8:30 am, I got the text that appointments are available at Six Flags. I was on the computer following the links within 60 seconds. Appts all gone...disappearing as I'm trying to secure one. My primary doc hired a COVID consultant who scours the available vaccination sites for open appts and lets the patients of this practice know. Today, she sent out an email at 5:30 am listing all of the CVS sites which all had open appts. Big list. By 6:30am, the list was MUCH shorter and by 7:30am they were gone. For me to get my appt, the consultant took my info and secured me an appt...yes, at 5:30am when they are out. Even so, as she was registering me for a shot a a reasonably close location, all of the appts closed out. So, I'm driving 60 miles to Hagerstown to get the shot. I don't care, at least I'm getting it and there is a Texas Roadhouse right next door so I see a steak dinner in my future.

Take care, do what you want, but if you don't wear a mask and don't get vaccinated, its your choice. But please don't get within arms reach of me. It won't be pretty! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back