Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some places people are starting to gather with no masks.
I've dined out 3 times since Covid began. The main place is a fine dining venue that I know is safe, that allows only a few diners
at all, even though the place is large. All staff wear gloves and masks, and diners are asked to also if they get out of their seats.
Last night was to be the 4th time, and my date recommended a place that had a patio for our distancing safety.
I was to arrive first.
I was surprised that they did not require reservations.
I was told at the door that there was a one hour wait to sit in the patio, but I was welcome to use the bar meanwhile.
I walked toward that bar, and could not believe my eyes.
The crowd was very young. It was standing room only!
Every seat at the bar was taken (and they were not spaced out as in the other places that have re-opened) and the crowd around the bar was 3 deep... all elbow to elbow, with none of them masked.
I left immediately.
No dinner out for us last night... too late to call and get in on a Saturday to other spots.
She has had both vaccinations for a while now (schoolteacher).
I had my #1 inoculation today and was given my appt. for #2.
We will see what happens in a month.
That was my thought as I saw what I described above.

From the CDC site, below are direct comparisons of total cases and total deaths between CA which has had very restrictive COVID rules and FL which is a bit of the poster child for the opposite approach.

This data is normalized to quantity per 100K in population. The deaths (second chart below) is NOT normalized for population age and FL has a significantly larger percentage of seniors/elderly who are more vulnerable to death from COVID.

If you would like to play with the numbers, here is the link and you can change the parameters and states to be compared

To me, this data says that our fearless (or is that feckless) leaders and "scientists" really don't KNOW how or why this is and they probably won't for years. They are guessing what will/will not be effective. This is sort of ok as this virus has only been on the radar for a bit over a year. This is new and sometimes you just have to take a shot at something without definitive data.

BUT, the comparison between these two states data is not nearly as radical as the difference between these two state's approach to lock down and restrictions would lead one to believe.

Also, it points out to me that none of this is as simple as many...incl many morons in the media....seem to believe.

And finally, IMO none of this data is all that clean in terms of being rigorously based on the same criteria across the data set....such as, when to count a death as being due to COVID.

Cheers

1615220821524.png

1615220876391.png

CDC releases guidance on safe activities after Covid-19 vaccination

The best news? Fully vaccinated grandparents can visit safely with unvaccinated grandchildren.

People who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 may safely gather with small groups from other households without wearing masks or physical distancing, even if those people have not yet had their shots, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday.

This is the first federal public health guidance aimed at resuming some kind of normal activity for people who have received both doses of the Pfizer or the Moderna shots, or one shot of the single-dose vaccine from Johnson & Johnson. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the final dose, giving the body time to build antibodies against the virus.

"This guidance represents a first step toward returning to everyday activities," the CDC said in a media statement.

The latest science suggests that fully vaccinated people can congregate indoors with other fully vaccinated people, without wearing face coverings or practicing physical distancing, the agency said. What's more, fully vaccinated people may gather with a small group, such as another household, even if that household has not been vaccinated.

"For example," the CDC wrote, "fully vaccinated grandparents can visit indoors with their unvaccinated healthy daughter and her healthy children without wearing masks or physical distancing, provided none of the unvaccinated family members are at risk of severe COVID-19."

"This is very welcome guidance," said Dr. Richard Besser, president of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and a former acting director of the CDC.

"This opens the door for grandparents to meet with their children and grandchildren without masks, indoors, for a nice group hug."

The new guidelines do not, however, suggest that fully vaccinated people can go back to life as it was in 2019.

In public or around others who are vulnerable to Covid-19 complications, mitigation measures should remain status quo, the CDC said. Keep up with hand washing. Wear masks in public places, and continue to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Avoid crowded areas. Seek out Covid-19 testing if symptoms develop.

The guidelines were originally expected last week, but were delayed, the CDC said, to give the agency time to tweak language to make them clear for the general public.

According to the CDC's vaccine tracker, more than 90 million doses have been administered. That breaks down to nearly 59 million people who have received at least one dose, and more than 30 million who have had two doses.

That means that just about 10 percent of the U.S. population is considered fully vaccinated. The Biden administration has promised enough vaccines for every American by the end of May.

Three vaccines are currently in use across the country. Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech's vaccines require two doses each, three to four weeks apart.

The third vaccine, from Johnson & Johnson and its partner, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, requires one dose.

Safety and effectiveness of booster shots for Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer are currently in research.

Bit more detail, I believe, in this article from Fox

CDC issues guidelines for COVID-19 vaccinated population

The guidance is the first from the CDC on those fully vaccinated against the coronavirus​

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Monday released highly anticipated guidance on practices considered safe for those who are fully vaccinated against the novel coronavirus, relating to gatherings, quarantine and testing. Of note, the federal health agency said that those who are fully vaccinated can spend time with unvaccinated people indoors, with no mask, so long as those who are unvaccinated are at low-risk for severe COVID-19.
"As vaccinations increase, this guidance represents a first step toward returning to everyday activities in our communities, and CDC will update these recommendations as more people are vaccinated, rates of COVID-19 in the community change, and as additional science and evidence become available," the CDC said in a press release regarding the guidance.
Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the federal health agency, also announced the guidelines at a White House press conference on Monday morning.

"We’ve been through a lot this past year, and with more and more people getting vaccinated each day, we are starting to turn a corner," said Walensky. "And as more Americans are vaccinated, a growing body of evidence now tells us that there are some activities that fully vaccinated people can resume at low risk to themselves."

According to data compiled by the CDC, 9.2% of the U.S. population is now fully vaccinated, and 17.7% have received at least one dose.
Two weeks after the second dose, or the single-dose for those receiving a vaccine developed by Johnson & Johnson, fully vaccinated persons can safely gather inside with other fully vaccinated people without wearing face masks or physical distancing, the CDC said, calling these indoor gatherings "likely low risk."
Also, indoor gatherings involving fully vaccinated people and unvaccinated people from a single household at low-risk for severe COVID-19, with no mask use, presents a "low risk" of virus transmission.
"The level of precautions taken should be determined by the characteristics of the unvaccinated people, who remain unprotected against COVID-19," the CDC advises.
As such, if an unvaccinated person is at high-risk for severe COVID-19, then the agency advises mask use, physical distancing and outdoor visits or gathering in a space with proper ventilation.

As the size of gatherings increase and involves additional households, the risk also increases. In gatherings with fully vaccinated people and unvaccinated people from multiple households, everyone should wear a mask and practice distancing, per the guidance.

Further, regardless of vaccination status, everyone should avoid medium-to-large-sized gatherings indoors and follow local guidance on related restrictions. If fully vaccinated people decide to partake, they should wear masks, practice distancing and wash hands often.
Additionally, going to the gym and dining inside poses a smaller infection risk for fully vaccinated people.
"However, precautions should still be taken as transmission risk in these settings is higher and likely increases with the number of unvaccinated people present," the CDC says.
Therefore, in public areas, fully vaccinated people should still wear fitted masks and practice physical distancing and other mitigation measures (avoiding crowdings, hand hygiene, covering coughs) as a precaution, the CDC says.

ISOLATION, QUARANTINE, TESTING
The CDC says fully vaccinated people face a "low" risk of infection, but should any COVID-19-related symptoms arise, the agency advises isolating themselves from others, and to seek out a clinical evaluation and testing.
"Fully vaccinated people should not visit or attend a gathering if they have tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 10 days or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of vaccination status of the other people at the gathering," per the guidelines.

On the other hand, the CDC says fully vaccinated people don’t have to quarantine and undergo testing after a known exposure if they aren’t experiencing any symptoms. In this case, people should monitor for symptoms 14 days following the exposure. However, congregate settings like correctional facilities should quarantine for 14 days following exposure because these settings involve a higher risk of virus spread given difficulty maintaining distance.
Finally, fully vaccinated people working in meat or poultry processing plants, for instance, were not recommended to enter quarantine after exposure for asymptomatic cases, though testing was still encouraged.
"We know that people want to get vaccinated so they can get back to doing the things they enjoy with the people they love," said Walensky, in the release. "There are some activities that fully vaccinated people can begin to resume now in the privacy of their own homes. Everyone – even those who are vaccinated – should continue with all mitigation strategies when in public settings. As the science evolves and more people get vaccinated, we will continue to provide more guidance to help fully vaccinated people safely resume more activities."

Walensky echoed this during the White House press briefing on Monday, noting that the guidance will be updated as more Americans receive the vaccine.
"It's important to note that this is initial guidance. The science of COVID-19 is complex and our understanding of the virus continues to rapidly evolve. The recommendations issued today are just a first step. As more people get vaccinated and the science and evidence expands, and as the disease dynamics of this country change, we will continue to update this guidance," she said.

I just got back from the doctors office here and only two of the seven people who work there chose to take the vaccine.
Literally laughing about the whole thing saying zero people in our hospital died from covid but 3 died with it so were counted as covid deaths.
Very small extremely rural hospital in Montana.
I am very confused by all the conflicting data and have become extremely suspicious of all of it,both sides.

@arb you need to do what feels right to you. I’ve never pushed weed at people either. Do what you want.

Vermont has a very low population under a million people, they’ve had less than 300 deaths. It depends where you live. If you live where people live far apart from one another, chance are the cases will be less.

I personally have no regrets getting the vaccine, only appreciative I was able to get it.

Last edited:
@arb you need to do what feels right to you. I’ve never pushed weed at people either. Do what you want.

Vermont has a very low population under a million people, they’ve had less than 300 deaths. It depends where you live. If you live where people live far apart from one another, chance are the cases will be less.

I personally have no regrets getting the vaccine, only appreciative I was able to get it.
I am glad you were able to get it also.
Sucks emotion can get anyone including myself so irrational.

View attachment 25016
View attachment 25017
Line for Moderna first dose,daughter taking hers this morning . She needs it to enter Bolivia,Brazil and Colombia in the next 4 weeks for work
Same crap in Maryland at mass vaccination sites. I believe I saw a report just the other day that at one site the wait time was 3 hours.

I got an appt at a CVS in Hagerstown (yeah, 52 miles away but I didn't care) and they were nice, competent and on time. Got the Moderna also.

I was given a choice. I chose Pfizer due to the .9% of more effectiveness, and to get both doses within 3 weeks rather than 4 weeks.
When I scheduled, I had a choice of sit in car appt. or Walk inside for Sit down appt.
I chose walk in and sit down appt.
The car appt line was very long.
When I got inside the building there were only 5 people, and I was in, and out in exactly 16 minutes.(includes the mandatory 15 minute wait afterwards)
For my #2 appt., they will see me on a Sunday again, and I had my choice of 8 time slots for that day.
Those on the car line got a second appointment set up, but there were no time slot choices.
I am grateful to have gotten vaccinated at the University Campus, and not at one of the giant stadium lines.

The covid vaccine center I went to was at a pop up at a local high school. i signed up after seeing the vaccine appts on my work email. I registered online.I went there for both my doses of the Maderna vaccine. It was very organized and safe. I had an appt and both times only needed to wait a little while like 10 min. and it wasn’t crowded people were well spread out. They had chairs to wait before and chairs in an area for the wait afterwards for any bad reactions. Nobody had any that I saw. Parking was very easy as well.

Last edited:
As I said, I got #1 Sunday.
They asked if I had a smart phone, and I said no... so they asked for my email address.
This morning I was sent email from the University Vaccination Program with a CDC link that was entitled "Now that you've received your 1st Covid Vaccination".
The link took me here:

Just goes to show we have stupid people in Canada too.
So, what in that video....statistics or assertion of facts....did you find problematic?

Just goes to show we have stupid people in Canada too.
I agree, asymptomatic can transfer the covid virus. I don’t agree with the facts in the above video. @Baron23 you received a vaccine, aren’t you glad that you did?
I don’t like the thought of covid hanging over our heads. I personally want to get on with life.

So, what in that video....statistics or assertion of facts....did you find problematic?
I follow the guidance of respected medical professionals not the nonsensical bullshit spewed by a bunch of conspiracy theorist.
The “Canadian doctors “ in this video are not the creme de la creme of physicians in Canada. What I find problematic is the distortion and manipulation of facts and data to create an alternative reality.
Us covid deaths per million 1640
Canada covid deaths per million 590
Japan covid deaths per million 67
This is reality what is the variable ?

the guidance of respected medical professionals

Ah the same people that have, and still are, telling us in the uk that cannabis is "deadly and harmful"...... and repeatedly fail to provide sources.. they are actually finally beingntaken to court over it...
But yeah.. respected medical pros have agenda's... best to keep an open mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back