Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction D-Nail Rosin Press

Baron23

@herbivore21 , et al - looks like something new from D-nail. Looks rather similar to New Vape Micro 20 (can be found here: https://www.newvape.com/micro-20-rosin-press).

The D-nail looks very interesting. They say its a 10 ton press (20K psi) while the NV one says its a 20 ton press (40k psi) but that the hydraulics are really only rated to 10 tons (though I suppose you could find a higher pressure pump for the cylinder...??)

D-nail plates are 4 x 4 and NV are 4 x 7....franly, 4 x 4 seems to be plenty.

D-nail is $2k and NV is $3.2k....significant difference. I like no insulator plates in the D-nail unit and that its pretty much a welded hunk of steel.

It appears both can be used with the plates horizontal or vertical. I don't yet know of anybody who has used a unit like this (but I do have a friend who just recently bought the NV micro-20) so I don't know if a vertical orientation of the plates is really useful (directional squishing, that is).

http://www.d-nail.com/heat-press/x-press-10-t-heat-press
upload_2017-6-22_9-48-48.png

@herbivore21 , et al - looks like something new from D-nail. Looks rather similar to New Vape Micro 20 (can be found here: https://www.newvape.com/micro-20-rosin-press).

The D-nail looks very interesting. They say its a 10 ton press (20K psi) while the NV one says its a 20 ton press (40k psi) but that the hydraulics are really only rated to 10 tons (though I suppose you could find a higher pressure pump for the cylinder...??)

D-nail plates are 4 x 4 and NV are 4 x 7....franly, 4 x 4 seems to be plenty.

D-nail is $2k and NV is $3.2k....significant difference. I like no insulator plates in the D-nail unit and that its pretty much a welded hunk of steel.

It appears both can be used with the plates horizontal or vertical. I don't yet know of anybody who has used a unit like this (but I do have a friend who just recently bought the NV micro-20) so I don't know if a vertical orientation of the plates is really useful (directional squishing, that is).

http://www.d-nail.com/heat-press/x-press-10-t-heat-press
View attachment 406
Greetings my friend! I noticed this one a little while back myself. I am not sure personally if d-nail make this product or if they simply resell it (like the puffco+ pens which they recently started selling).

It does look to me like it would be a great out of the box solution for someone that wants to press larger amounts at a time. It is certainly competitive on price with ready-made products. DIY solutions can still be cheaper, but TBH a lot of those solutions are slapped together with shitty Harbor Freight presses which are infamous for their low quality construction.

With 10 tons of pressure, I would not want 4x7 surface area like the NV solution. The additional amount of bud which could be placed between those plates would not be efficiently pressed in one squish as I prefer to do, since there would be inadequate pressure to do so across such a broad surface area. 4x4 is as you say, plenty at 10t.

The insulation design on the x-press really does sound better if it works. The design does make me wonder if d-nail's head design guru had a hand in this, it sounds like his kind of ingenuity :biggrin:

Using it horizontally could make for some epic drip tek squishing, so that is a benefit indeed. I really would love to hear from anybody who gets a chance to use one of these!

Greetings my friend! I noticed this one a little while back myself. I am not sure personally if d-nail make this product or if they simply resell it (like the puffco+ pens which they recently started selling).

It does look to me like it would be a great out of the box solution for someone that wants to press larger amounts at a time. It is certainly competitive on price with ready-made products. DIY solutions can still be cheaper, but TBH a lot of those solutions are slapped together with shitty Harbor Freight presses which are infamous for their low quality construction.

With 10 tons of pressure, I would not want 4x7 surface area like the NV solution. The additional amount of bud which could be placed between those plates would not be efficiently pressed in one squish as I prefer to do, since there would be inadequate pressure to do so across such a broad surface area. 4x4 is as you say, plenty at 10t.

The insulation design on the x-press really does sound better if it works. The design does make me wonder if d-nail's head design guru had a hand in this, it sounds like his kind of ingenuity :biggrin:

Using it horizontally could make for some epic drip tek squishing, so that is a benefit indeed. I really would love to hear from anybody who gets a chance to use one of these!
Thanks for the feedback, my friend (sorry, just can't call you Herbie like some do.....just not dignified enough, I think! LOL).

We are still, IMO and no matter what the state says, 4-6 months from stocked dispensaries where I live. At that time, I may look at something like this. Even though I probably won't be doing large qtys...that is, just for personal use....I just can't get one with some of the kluged together devices. I expect we will see prices dropping on this stuff also as the market shakes out.

When the time comes, I do know somebody about 4 hours drive away who has the NV Micro 20 and I plan to pay a visit to him to see it live and in action and see what's what. Right now, the Micro 20 and the D-nail unit (and yes, I don't think they make this press...or at least not the mechanicals) are my prime contenders but I will also survey what's available in more the $750 price range but so far units in that market segment don't thrill me much.

I'm the same way with shotgun reloading presses. Below is a MEC reloader which is the most commonly sold home reloader on the market right now:
MEC.jpg

This is my press....a Spolar
spolar3.jpg

Kind of like a hair straighter vs a hydro press, yeah? LOL

Please understand, I'm not wealthy but I do insist on quality in my tools so if I want it, I need to want it badly enough to save to buy a very good one (of whatever it may be).

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, my friend (sorry, just can't call you Herbie like some do.....just not dignified enough, I think! LOL).
You are too kind my friend!

Even though I probably won't be doing large qtys...that is, just for personal use....I just can't get one with some of the kluged together devices.
Too many products in this space are too ghetto rigged for the money being asked. I agree with what you say here.

Please understand, I'm not wealthy but I do insist on quality in my tools so if I want it, I need to want it badly enough to save to buy a very good one (of whatever it may be).
Even if I don't own anything gun related, you are much like me in this brother! It is all about getting competent tools for the job, regardless of the cost. Ain't no sense in spending less on something that won't work or will fail during use!

Peace all!

Will be doing one upgrade from my current setup, a wet2straight iron, before I go to true decent herbivore21 guided diy home rosin press setup.

Even with its possible drawbacks, I'm going to spend $300 on the high5 manual rosin press, and then another 50 or so to mount it properly, and use no cheater bar. If it gives less return or lousy results, which I don't think it will, I can still use it as a digital enail controller (so $334 total).

Wife was so happy with the lower amount of overall bud I go through that way. She said I can get the high5 at the end of September, which is turbo fast for my wife...

Until then, back to the basement liquid gold mine, hi ho hi ho...

I need my preciousssss...below in Aovape Canva.

:smoke:

0812170940b.jpg

I would strongly advise against purchase and usage of the High 5 rosin press. It's a safety hazard.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/home-rosin-presses-under-750-school-me.23294/page-4#post-1094471

I have never encountered another press that uses such cheap parts. I'd much rather have a Cannaclamp than a High 5 rosin press.

FWIW, the D-nail press sold is a complete ripoff from the pioneers of drip tech, Elysian Research. If you're interested in the absolute top quality rosin press for large scale production, this is the answer.

https://elysianresearch.com/products/rp30-ton-rosin-press

https://www.instagram.com/elysianresearch/

If your don't need to press 50-200 grams at a time, Timewizard Greyfox's press is a great solution. He offers a 6x4 press of his own design, more portable than any other 20 ton press I've seen. He is the only authorized press maker incorporating Elysian's developments with their permission / blessing, and Kasse has helped from Elysian has helped out along the way there, too.

https://www.instagram.com/timewizard_greyfox/

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back