Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

BD9

Leaf Dawg
This is the new trend in vapes. To compete with Puffco Peak, Dr. Dabber introduces the Switch. It looks interesting.
Pre order for $399.00. Hm. That price will keep me from getting one. Right now...

https://420vapezone.com/dr-dabber-switch-induction-dab-early-review/

he Switch is a battery powered portable vape system capable of dry herb vaporization and dabbing. It functions very well and is extremely effective as a portable dabrig.

The FuckCombustion community voted me their #1 choice to receive a preview unit to test and review. The Dr Dabber Switch is currently available for pre-order ($399)

In this video (go to 420vapezone link for video) I demonstrate a variety of dabbing temperatures, dry herb vape usage, self-cleaning mode, Puffco Peak comparison, and VapCap induction heating.
The video is very long. I got pretty faded. I even edited out a couple of dabs.

This is the new trend in vapes. To compete with Puffco Peak, Dr. Dabber introduces the Switch. It looks interesting.
Pre order for $399.00. Hm. That price will keep me from getting one. Right now...

https://420vapezone.com/dr-dabber-switch-induction-dab-early-review/

he Switch is a battery powered portable vape system capable of dry herb vaporization and dabbing. It functions very well and is extremely effective as a portable dabrig.

The FuckCombustion community voted me their #1 choice to receive a preview unit to test and review. The Dr Dabber Switch is currently available for pre-order ($399)

In this video I demonstrate a variety of dabbing temperatures, dry herb vape usage, self-cleaning mode, Puffco Peak comparison, and VapCap induction heating.
The video is very long. I got pretty faded. I even edited out a couple of dabs.

Ah, I think you may have posted the wrong vid....the vid posted is a glossy Dr D marketing vid.

I do believe that, as legalization progresses, there will be a growing market for highly integrated, "shrink wrapped", appliance like vapes that don't look like a crack smoking full up oil rig. But my initial thoughts on both the Peak and the switch is that the price is a bit high IMO.

I have used a Peak and liked it. Not every going to replace my Liger or D-nail Halo but for many folks its a good solution for concentrate consumption (if its reliable which often seems to be an issue with Puffco).

I have no used the Switch but have a friend who did try it with herb and both of us believe that Dr D is perhaps stretching it for some of the capabilities they claim. For herb, its basically a conduction vape that uses induction heating to induce thermal energy into a metal cup (ceramic coated)....but I don't care what they use for a heater, to me conduction is conduction and both my friend and one other I know who has one have complained about definite charred AVB but without even great vapor extraction performance.

I have seen where Dr D has come back and said that its not combusted, that with the cap and no oxygen its merely pyrolysis which I frankly think is a misdirection. Pyrolisis is the degeneration of organic compounds from heat...either aerobic or anaerobic environment I believe. And black means carbonization which is "is the conversion of an organic substance into carbon or a carbon-containing residue through pyrolysis or destructive distillation."

To me, charred is charred and given that the instructions told me to pack the crap out of the cup (lots of herb, relatively speaking) and tamp it hard, it didn't seem like it even provided a lot of good vapor on its way to being charred.

I suspect it will work fine or even very well with concentrates.

But I don't think this is much of a sin...just a bit of overreach in marketing. To me, there pretty much is no vape that does flower and concentrates equally well. Two different use cases and design requirements.

Not much going on here lol. Well, I just got a switch and I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts on it.

Also, based on the size of this behemoth is it really a portable? Granted, it runs on a battery but man it is huge.

Hope for some feedback soon ✌️

Supposed to be great at heating Vapcaps and great on concentrates...I would not vape flower/bud in it though.

This new carb cap looks a bit butt plggiish,
1572603761119.png

Apparently, the standard carb set up is not great, there is also a sale on there, https://www.drdabber.com/

Supposed to be great at heating Vapcaps and great on concentrates...I would not vape flower/bud in it though.

This new carb cap looks a bit butt plggiish,
View attachment 14329
Apparently, the standard carb set up is not great, there is also a sale on there, https://www.drdabber.com/

I have one of the new caps and it looks WAAAY too butt pluggish!

Have you tried rosin in your switch @mvapes?
The Switch does not look so expensive now against the Oura/Peak/Carta, a proper big boys toy compared for around the same money!

Have you tried rosin in your switch @mvapes?
The Switch does not look so expensive now against the Oura/Peak/Carta, a proper big boys toy compared for around the same money!

I have, I also tried flower in there successfully. Honestly, this unit wasn't built to be a portable. Yes, its battery powered and can run for quite a while cordleslythis thing kicks like any desktop. Compared to the peak or Aura it's out produces them both hands down. I love my peak and I have an aura as well but they're both run like pens, off an atomizer. The switch has a full heating coil and uses true induction technology to produce vapor. I actually can't believe how quickly it heats up. Almost as soon as you hit the go button she's producing clouds. I've also had the carta, neat little device that allows you to hook an app up to it from your smartphone to set your temps. Unfortunately if you have friends like mine they too can add the app and fuck with your hits without you knowing. Surprisingly they don't ask for a password. It's like being back in school with a universal remote and disrupting classes all day.

Sorry for any grammatical errors, I can't seem to go back and fix mistakes without erasing everything I previously wrote.

Proof you cannot OD on pot, start at 07:15, I will give him a 10 for effort,

It actually hollered my name & followed me home.

I am completely done with trates & torch.

So far I'm impressed. However there are some negatives ... at least for me.

Need to use it a bit more. At first it was a bit awkward.

This THANG is kinda big & would only be portable when walking it from the house to the RV when leaving for a trip.

20211105_110342.jpg

Only in a couple of areas.

Such as heat up time. Overall I don't think it will beat a coil.

As cheap as a coil rig is, its dumb I don't have my own.

I do believe the Switch is better than the Peak in any of its configurations.

Something else I've become fond of & didn't think I would like it is the lighting. I thought it was .... well what ever .... But hey now I leave it on at night. Reminds me of my old lava lamp. The light is soothing.

Also the Switch for me is not an herb vape. I won't do that again.

Last edited:
I do believe the Switch is better than the Peak in any of its configurations.
Unless you are colour blind! All those different colours for temps is a stoopid idea, hopefully an updated version will be out soon (this has been out for a few years now) with proper temp control or at least a display that extrapolates temp for you (other IH vapes do this) :myday:

Unless you are colour blind! All those different colours for temps is a stoopid idea, hopefully an updated version ....

Well, you make a valid point.
Not real sure but a digi read out shouldn't raise the cost much.

Also please keep in mind this is new to me. So please feel free disagree.

When it comes to trates I don't have the history of using a bunch of high end stuff to compare with.

Hell I don't even own a coil

Well Ive done a few more grams through this THANG. I'm really liking it. While I have had an unreal level of easy access to devices like this it hasnt been until recently that I've begun to take advantage of it.

I take great care in packing. Still few devices would stand up well to a full season of my camping. The Switch has held up well in my pack through two wipe outs on the bike. Other glass pieces in my pack during these two crashes didn't fair as well.

Taste is not so great with the cups that come with the Switch. However they clean up extremely easily by running through the cleaning cycle on the Switch. This will be more important than taste for some. Using the cleaning cycle will of course noticeably effect battery life. The cleaning cycle CANNOT be used with quartz or or other cups with glass. You have to use these in quartz mode & clean them in the Old Fashion way.

Also Ill mention Now with the quartz cups taste improves noticeably. I have a Sapphire cup but have been waiting for appropriate trates to come. You cannot use the cleaning cycle with quartz or any other cups.n here some are not fond of the lights.

Les, here doesn't like the use of lights & colors for temp select. There are other I've found agree

At first I did not like the gargantuan size joints needed for glass. The designers of this vape had some decisions to make after deciding to go with induction heating. This is not a bad thing. Just a fact.

After some time .... going through more trates in a week than I nomally use in 3 months .... I became used to the large glass joints. I strongly suggest using the included rubber gasket. Much better fit & draw. The glass is all tippy & only one piece will stand up on its own & this one needs water in it to do so. Accessories from Dr, Dabber are not cheap. They do as like right now run 25% off sales. Which does bring cost down to a reasonable level.

Im sure over time Ill be back with more. So for now to sum up .... This is not a dry herb vape in my opinion. This is not a perfect trate vape. The Switch has shown me what a good performing CORDLESS vape can do. This being taste, ease of use while not being a trate hog.

If you have or have tried a cordless trate vape that you believe rivals the Switch. By all means bring it up. I aint no damn fan boy.

Thought Id mention a common issue with this one. It seems a few people have had issue with vapor production when using the Switch. If your not color blind which would make using the Switch a pain as mentioned prior by Less.

First off if using quartz or sapphire or any other cups than the ceramic coated ones that come with the Switch ..... make sure your in Crystal Mode. With out fail, so far everyone has had the temp set to high for the size dab used & it will boil off giving a single very faint hit.

I stay in the blue & its the place I've mentioned to others for a good starting place. I have no clue how big a dab the Switch will do. No desire to find out.

My goal is not to run dumb all day long because I max out my vapes with every use. I like vapes that let me have some control of the effects but still have reserve performance in taste & overall performance.

The Switch has been out since 2018. Les made mention of this but I had no idea it's been around for this length of time.

Oh the sapphire dishes are great if taste is what you desire

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back