Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

I'm not going to post a picture. I can't, I just can't.
Sonne was my oldest Russian Blue. I got him as a teenaged kitten from our local shelter ten years ago. He had a loving, mellow temperament, and protected our home from untold dangers as he guarded the front porch. Untold dangers didn't include stray cats. We'd often see Sonne sitting next to another cat, and when we'd open the door, he'd look at us then stand up to chase the other car away, as if we expected it. A few minutes later, the stray would be sitting next to him again. Every other cat we had, he treated like his kittens. They'd come up to him, put their heads down, and he'd groom them. A few years ago, when my Other Son was abusing us, he injured Sonne ( I almost lost my mind) and he had his back leg amputated. I didn't leave his side the month after the surgery, carrying him where he needed to go, until he could walk again. We grew close, and Sonne relied on me to scratch behind the ear he could no longer get to. His favorite thing was lying on the warm path, while I scratched his tummy and behind his ear. At night, he'd sleep on me, and drool as I pet him. It was like sleeping under a faucet. He'd then go over to his box of toys and wait until I sprayed them with catnip spray, then roll around on them. His other favorite activity was knocking things off tables, shelves. He loved when knick- knacks crashed to the ground.
Sonne was killed by the neighbors pit bull two weeks ago. My heart has been broken, and the dogs and cats miserable missing him.
Taika was my youngest Russian Blue. We got her from another shelter after a huge fire in the area, and pet owners were being recruited to home animals. She adored Sonne, and was always with him. When he died she stopped eating. We bought foods to tempt her, and scheduled a vet visit. Taika died a week after Sonne, from grief and a broken heart.
She was loving, sweet natured, and a fierce hunter. She had to wear a bell to warn the birds.
Just over two weeks ago, I was on the porch, and all three grey cats were there. I told Madri-Guy I hadn't seen them all three together in awhile, and wished I had a camera. The next day Sonne was gone, then Taika a week later. I still wish I had had a camera, but I will never forget that moment, that perfect moment in time.

@Madri-Gal I am so sorry.... losing a beloved 'pet' is always so hard... I know first hand. One thing you can take with you from this is that you gave Sonne so much love. Taika as well. That you rescued them and gave them this happy life with you. You saved them and they were much better off for it... with tummy rubs and good food. And special things to knock down.

IMG_1927.JPG

Ginger does not tolerate the foolish. :mental: Ozzy is a subversive. :headbang:

IMG_1858.JPG
IMG_4537.JPG

Libby:rofl: is the "Big Boss Lady" Eve is my sweetie pie :love::love::love:

IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1713.JPG

Ozzy is a little prick. He gets into trouble everyday of the week. That little bastard child likes to sleep on my belly. So were chillin and all of a sudden he bites me ! I know cats get overstimulated but this is caca. :ko: Tuesday is taco night...... Here's Ozzy fuckin around my station ( where he's not suppose to be) !

IMG_4679.JPG

Caught lookin for catnip !

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back