Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Future vaporizers

Shredder

Dogs like me
To boldly go where no vape has gone before we need new vapes. Let's discuss what future vapes will be like and what features are important.

Are desktop vapes done? Are cartitridge vapes the future? Do we want small? Quick? Discrete? Massive clouds? Measured doses?

What is the most important? Clean air paths? Battery life? Torch heated? Speed? Complete control? Convection, conduction, hybrids?

Or should we just say, screw it, im gonna eat medibles?

Are desktop vapes done?

...i personally don't think that's the case... desktops are the only ones that have the power to fulfill my needs for vaporization.... imo portables (battery specific) need to come much further to compete against desktops... sure some may come close, but you can't get enough out of them to last more than a few bowls, especially if your out and aboot (hence portable)... concentrate pens are junk imo, nothing compares to a real dab from a banger/nail...

...i think too many companies/people get carried away with the bells and whistles instead of focusing on heater tech....

I agree about battery power.............I much prefer desktops also but just had the best hash session ever out of a dynavap.
I like a vaporizer I can use multiple ways like wet or dry or a whip or wand or a bag or a stem.
My wife loves a bag most of all while I like it least so............there ya go.

If desktops are done, then I'm stocking up. I must be easy to please, as I'm still happy with my desktops (SSV, Arizer EQ, Super Surfer). I'm happy with my portables (Solo, Air). I'd love to get an LSV and a Plenty because of the enthusiasm of friends, and I'd like to get into VapCaps for the same reason. There are many fine vapes out there, but in reality I can happily vape all day, every day, with the vapes I already own. I think if it weren't for hanging out on vape sites, I'd figure I had a vape the way I have a toaster or blender. I love my Oster Beehive blender, know there are other nice blenders available, but don't think about it. I can blend. I can vape.
For me, wanting more vapes has more to do with variety, novelty, and that with each new vape you join a club comprised of other owners of that vape. You can then hang out on relevant threads, and make posts about your happiness, disappointment and what you need to buy for your vape. That's nice, and that's important and you then get to advise those asking about vapes. It's a hobby, and people tend to spend on hobbies, be it collecting salt & pepper shakers or buying vapes.
I know it isn't this way for everyone. I wish I could convince myself I "needed" another vape, and I have the excuse that it's a medication delivery system. However, I have a nebulizer for my asthma. One. I never think I want it bigger, or smaller, or digital or anything other than what it is. I never think, I need one in every room, or in every color, or the newest model, or about it at all. One nebulizer is enough, and it saves my life. Vapes get elevated to being "needed" , but a vape is not more important than a nebulizer. I just enjoy them more. Before I vaped I needed a vape. Now I want more, but toss that on the pile of everything I want.
I'm devoted to vaping, and want everyone to find their perfect vape, and I'm happy that, so far, I'm content with "really pretty dang good ".

...i personally don't think that's the case... desktops are the only ones that have the power to fulfill my needs for vaporization.... imo portables (battery specific) need to come much further to compete against desktops... sure some may come close, but you can't get enough out of them to last more than a few bowls, especially if your out and aboot (hence portable)... concentrate pens are junk imo, nothing compares to a real dab from a banger/nail...

...i think too many companies/people get carried away with the bells and whistles instead of focusing on heater tech....

I wish I could share my saionara with you. It hits pretty damn close to my dnail sic Halo.

BTW up until I bought this sai, I'd agree with you.

If desktops are done, then I'm stocking up. I must be easy to please, as I'm still happy with my desktops (SSV, Arizer EQ, Super Surfer). I'm happy with my portables (Solo, Air). I'd love to get an LSV and a Plenty because of the enthusiasm of friends, and I'd like to get into VapCaps for the same reason. There are many fine vapes out there, but in reality I can happily vape all day, every day, with the vapes I already own. I think if it weren't for hanging out on vape sites, I'd figure I had a vape the way I have a toaster or blender. I love my Oster Beehive blender, know there are other nice blenders available, but don't think about it. I can blend. I can vape.
For me, wanting more vapes has more to do with variety, novelty, and that with each new vape you join a club comprised of other owners of that vape. You can then hang out on relevant threads, and make posts about your happiness, disappointment and what you need to buy for your vape. That's nice, and that's important and you then get to advise those asking about vapes. It's a hobby, and people tend to spend on hobbies, be it collecting salt & pepper shakers or buying vapes.
I know it isn't this way for everyone. I wish I could convince myself I "needed" another vape, and I have the excuse that it's a medication delivery system. However, I have a nebulizer for my asthma. One. I never think I want it bigger, or smaller, or digital or anything other than what it is. I never think, I need one in every room, or in every color, or the newest model, or about it at all. One nebulizer is enough, and it saves my life. Vapes get elevated to being "needed" , but a vape is not more important than a nebulizer. I just enjoy them more. Before I vaped I needed a vape. Now I want more, but toss that on the pile of everything I want.
I'm devoted to vaping, and want everyone to find their perfect vape, and I'm happy that, so far, I'm content with "really pretty dang good ".
You ever try your nebulizer through glass?

You ever try your nebulizer through glass?
No, usually when I need it there isn't time for anything fancy. My S. Dog is barking, and trying to make sure I'm getting help, I'm trying to breathe and get it loaded if I'm alone, and answer questions about 911, and emergency rooms if I'm not. Before I start treatment, I'm struggling to breathe, and once it starts, I get pretty shaky from the adrenaline, and am in no shape to be near glass.

No, usually when I need it there isn't time for anything fancy. My S. Dog is barking, and trying to make sure I'm getting help, I'm trying to breathe and get it loaded if I'm alone, and answer questions about 911, and emergency rooms if I'm not. Before I start treatment, I'm struggling to breathe, and once it starts, I get pretty shaky from the adrenaline, and am in no shape to be near glass.
Sounds like silicone might work better?

Sucks you have to do that my thoughts are with you now...........stay safe young lady!

Being a long time nic vaper I would like to see more development in the 510 vape tank area.
- no exposed coil wire (red hot metals give off dangerous particles , apparently)
- variable chamber sizes (nano dose, micro dose, good hit, massive rip etc)
- wax, oil, herb compatibility
- no plastic
- standard drip tip sizes

With a new year, maybe it's a good time to revisit the future of vaping.

There seems to be a trend for vapes being a heater with a glass stem. Some have the herb in the stem (tiny mite) and a glass stem drawing off an internal bowl (firewood 6).

With the latest on the volcano hybrid I think people are going to be more aware of materials safety. A good thing IMHO. Less plastic and aluminum. Are you listening S and B?

Another trend in dab vapes is portability. (Peak, Carta, and others) This type of vape, with a self contained water pipe might work as a herb vape too. A ceramic option seem doable to me as well.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back