Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy I didn't know that!

33a04fd832a0129d7e8dd0d18ae63205.png
88776e2cf93a6c47d42937eedc3c9db8.png

1914 10 Dollar Bill was Printed on Hemp Paper and Portrays Farmers Plowing Hemp​

Did you know that the 1914 10 Dollar Bill was printed on Hemp Paper and that the picture on the back displays farmers plowing hemp? These were real hemp dollars!

1914 10 Dollar Bill​

This video highlights a 1914 series $10 bill of a hemp harvest that is printed ‘right on the money.’ This paper was also made of hemp. The first Federal Reserve Bank notes were issued in 1914.

Who is on the 10 Dollar Bill?​

This $10 bill bears the signature of Andrew Mellon, the Secretary of the Treasury under multiple presidential administrations.
Mellon was also the head of several oil companies and banks. Mellon was the uncle of Harry Anslinger, the first leader of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, 1931-1961.
Anslinger was the main cheerleader of the Reefer Madness misinformation campaign and the primary person responsible for marijuana prohibition.

10 Dollar Bill Back​

“The back was designed by Clair Aubrey Huston; Farming, a scene in Manchester Township, York County, Pennsylvania, was engraved by Marcus W Baldwin; Industry, a mill in Joliet, Illinois, was engraved by HL Chorlton. The first day of issue was November 16, 1914.”
1616151879567.png

Note that Pennsylvania produced hemp through the 1900’s, and the crop depicted on the currency is too tall to be wheat or flax, so it’s rather obvious that it’s hemp.
1616151892583.png
The “Hemp 10 Dollar Bill” is available in the following series:
  • Large-Size Ten Dollar Note, Federal Reserve Note, Series 1914/Red Seal
  • Small-Size Ten Dollar Note, Federal Reserve Note, Series 1915/Blue Seal
  • Small-Size Ten Dollar Note, Federal Reserve Note, Series 1918/Blue Seal
– The Comprehensive Catalog of US Paper Money, All United States Federal Currency Since 1812, Sixth Edition, Gene Hessler, ppg. 173-176.
Clair Aubrey Huston was born in Philly in 1857 and did the front side of the 1944 $10/denomination. Secretary of treasury, “Andrew Mellon” (signed at the bottom right) was the head of Standard Oil, what is today Exxon Mobile, and the world’s largest oil company and secretary to 5 US Presidents.
His nephew was Harry Anslinger (father of Cannabis and Hemp Prohibition), head of the Beraeu of Federal Narcotics, started in 1931.

162642503_10225551944853719_3264111778560487507_n.jpg

The cashew is technically not a nut at all—it's a seed that grows on a cashew apple. Cashew apples grow on trees, scientifically called Anacardium occidentale, that are native to Brazil. The apple, with the seed still attached, is picked from the tree branch. The seed is then pulled off, dried, and steamed by hand. The apple has a sweet-sour taste.

Dandelions grow freely in our yard. They look beautiful, feed bees, hover flies, butterflies and others. They require zero care and flower all year. :buzz:
As do mine. I'm no Weedist!
I've always thought of (and told my kids) our yard as an "oasis" for the birds, rabbits, butterflies etc among the barren "desert" like, lifeless, fake green that surrounds us. No chemicals or underground sprinklers, thanks.

The neighbors don't "get" this at all... glad my wife and kids (and dog!) do!

163457974_304255741262986_370319966271116845_o.jpg

August 8, 1982. A line drive foul ball hits a four year old boy in the head at Fenway. Jim Rice, realizing in a flash that it would take EMTs too long to arrive and cut through the crowd, sprang from the dugout and scooped up the boy. He laid the boy gently on the dugout floor, where the Red Sox medical team began to treat him. When the boy arrived at the hospital 30 minutes later, doctors said, without a doubt that Jim's prompt actions saved the boy's life. Jim returned to the game in a blood-stained uniform. A real badge of courage. After visiting the boy in the hospital, and realizing the family was of modest means, he stopped by the business office and instructed that the bill be sent to him.

View attachment 25814

August 8, 1982. A line drive foul ball hits a four year old boy in the head at Fenway. Jim Rice, realizing in a flash that it would take EMTs too long to arrive and cut through the crowd, sprang from the dugout and scooped up the boy. He laid the boy gently on the dugout floor, where the Red Sox medical team began to treat him. When the boy arrived at the hospital 30 minutes later, doctors said, without a doubt that Jim's prompt actions saved the boy's life. Jim returned to the game in a blood-stained uniform. A real badge of courage. After visiting the boy in the hospital, and realizing the family was of modest means, he stopped by the business office and instructed that the bill be sent to him.

He is one of the greatest "Sahx" of all time
He came on the scene at one of our worst moments in history
Busing was in full gear and the city was confronted with its horrible track record of racism
He stayed despite his experiences and one of the best moments in my life was meeting him while shopping in Strawberries record store on Boylston street near Copley Square
The nicest person in the world
Took way too long to vote him into the hall of fame
IMG_20210325_083045.jpgIMG_20210325_083122.jpgIMG_20210325_083137.jpg
My favorite RedSox along with Pedro Martinez

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back