Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips If You Could Have any Desk Top

Completely off topic, but when I saw "If You Could Have any Desk Top" I totally thought computers. :lol:
I don't know if I would ever go for a desktop to be honest. Too much of a fan of portable anything. As much as I am a homebody, I like to have things that, if I have to pick up and go, I can and don't have to leave them behind. The first vape I ever saw was a portable and it was huge with a giant bag attached to it. I didn't know what to think. That was over a decade go. :thinker::rofl:
There are advantages and disadvantaged to both portables and desktops as a user of both I enjoy the wider range of options. Enjoy

To me, all portables are a compromise of portability versus performance and ease of use and cleaning.

For those who vape when out and about, they are wonderful.

For those like me, who vape almost exclusively at home, I wonder about the attraction.

I do like my Mighty, GH, etc....I do have some portables...I just don't use them that often.

As for the Sublimator, never used one and, if I remember correctly their website for ordering was confusing and their pricing was very high.

If you look now, you can get some pieces but not a whole kit. Bud...yeah, the "vape critic" (always want a bit of echo effect when I type that! haha) ordered what he thought was a kit but it didn't have the heater core that screws in, electrical controller, carb cap, and certainly not the glass which I believe he knew about.

Right now, you can buy the bowl part and the heater head (without the actual heater) and you can buy something to screw into the heater head and torch until hot (like who is doing this?) but no monkey controller or electrical heater core.

I don't really understand how this fella runs his business???

Last edited:
Personally I love my Wood Scents as a desktop. I vape at high temps & find I cannot outpace the heater & a properly packed stem will give me a very satisfying rip that fills my lungs to capacity or close enough I want no more.

The challenge is do I pack so much I get greedy & past the point of no return & cough? That is half the fun playing Russian roulette with a vape.

Ok...I need a Flowerpot, too many diverse opinions say it is great...next Black Friday :whipit:

Ok...I need a Flowerpot, too many diverse opinions say it is great...next Black Friday :whipit:

So the main difference they plugged was that you can mix concentrate and flower in same load right...
Evo can also do that with the mini basket mod...
I jus cant justify it...

I thought the FP was just herb orientated, Twax and others for both herb and trates at the same time?

.... I don't know if I would ever go for a desktop to be honest. Too much of a fan of portable anything. As much as I am a homebody ....

The desire or reason for a desktop will come to you... Your there now. You just dont see it yet. :)

With the FP, I now load very small (well, small for me) .1 g loads and clean it up at 700F on the PID in a great draw and then a clean up draw. With the FP, I find a very slow draw increases heat/extraction as the air transits the heater head slower and hence gets hotter.

This is what interest me with the FP. Any other vape as good or better at micro dosing ? Mom I screwed up again. I tried but couldn't combine them.

Mom note: posts merged. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any other vape as good or better at micro dosing ?
DynaVap Vapcap, Grasshopper, Sticky Bricks (I have a Jr). Now, these are NOT desktops but are small load compatible vapes.

And, you can indeed run an EVO with .5-.1 g if you like with no issues, IMO.

I enjoy the hybrid quite a bit. The whip and faster heat up times have been game changer.Works great for me because I am behind a desk for most of the day, but it will never replace my work horse solo 2
20201204_170739.jpg

Last edited:
@arb sent me a PM saying not to get a S&B hybrid when I was looking at getting one during the Black Friday sales as he knows what I like. He said bags are harsh (a bit better with a water thingy and bags just get icky after a while. I thought as much but I never like knocking something until I have tried it, saved me nearly AU$900 I suppose.
My Woodscents(x2) is still my main goto herb desktop.

At this time in my life, the Wood Scents fills my needs. I'd like to try other types of logs because I feel they are well suited to my lifestyle. I have a Ditanium, which I use for the occasional concentrate. I need to learn how to not hack out my lungs doing that. Kills me, every time. My bedroom has an Arizer Tower, my first. These are all on-demand vaporizers.

These are all on-demand vaporizers.
I will sometimes heat soak a load on my WS for some conduction mix for a change, good to be able to do both.

Dont have the experience with different desk tops some of you do. Which is kind of why I wuzz asking :)

Anyways I like trying new stuff . I find the rawness of the Flowerpot kind of neat in a way. But can't do dabs with it. ? Not sure.

I'm glad I came here other wise I may still be searching.
While using something I'm not completely satisfied with.

Enjoy reading what you all like & seeing the personalities of some of you show through. Its really a good thing.

Dammit I dont need another log vape. But I seen a pic someone here has it I believe, that Ed did with a turquoise band that contrasted with the wood nice... I cant think of any complaints with Ed's vape. Other than I'd like a bigger bowl at times.

Had mine apart, friend that watches the house when I'm gone dropped it.

No biggie to fix after talking with Ed.
That in & of itself is worth every $ for the price of owning one.

No mention of the Dtanium ? Is it even in the same class as some of the others mentioned ?

The EVO not hard to see why it's liked by many .

The glass used in this build keeps this one low on my list.

Right now I'm liking the flowerpot. I'll take the risk of burning myself over spending money on something that is a bit fragile.

Last edited:
No mention of the Dtanium ? Is it even in the same class as some of the others mentioned ?

The EVO not hard to see why it's liked by many .

The glass used in this build keeps this one low on my list.

Right now I'm liking the flowerpot. I'll take the risk of burning myself over spending money on something that is a bit fragile.

Ah, one of the Vape Critic's better reviews....I really liked his formal reviews like this one, but he says they take too long to make and any he does now are more conversational.

I'll take the risk of burning myself over spending money on something that is a bit fragile.
Ah....so what are you running your FP thru...a titanium bong?

Baron23, I dont have an FP yet.

Guess the point I was attempting to make was.... for me there is a difference using glass to vape vs glass being used in the innards of the vape. If one breaks a glass water pipe its not the same as breaking a vape that uses glass for a path way. I mean not for me any way. Depending on what one wants, glass can be very affordable to replace vs a busted vape using a glass pathway.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back