Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Batteries MGear4 by DOTECO

Could you take a video to show how it works? Thanks in advance!

Can I post your views and pictures on our social media platforms?
I don't mind if you use the posts here to share

I am unable to upload videos here for some reason or I would be happy to share them

It works as quick and easy as any puffco knife I have seen in videos
The rosin slides off straight away with instant heat up

In order to upload videos here, you have to first load them onto a platform (like Youtube, Vimeo, Imgur, FB, IG....). The full list of media links allowed is shown if you click on the icon in your toolbar.
Its just hard work.. thats why i never upload videos... wish i could just select them from ny camera roll like i do with pics... im sure there is a very good reason why we cant do this..

Its just hard work.. thats why i never upload videos... wish i could just select them from ny camera roll like i do with pics... im sure there is a very good reason why we cant do this..
I do agree with this
I wish I was able to upload files here
I also am sure motg has reasons for this not being possible - it's one for the wish list though

Here is a post where I mentioned the lip being useful for my blades with pics as examples too @david1984

I am absolutely loving these hot knives
I knew I wanted to try one and could see the purpose/use, but I really didn't expect to see it as such a "need"

It makes the whole dab experience quicker and easier from start to clean up and you just seem to notice how much less of a fuss having a dab is
I was using a 7th floor pick that came with the LSV before and found it the best of many tools I had as it was so thin most of the dab came off easily and had little clean up
This is even better by miles

It works on any pen battery or modbox
Pen batteries are smaller and better shaped to get in where needed and have plenty of power
I liked the look on a quaser battery as it all fits together like factory in diameter etc - the problem was that the lid was able to slide down the battery body and stopped when it hit the blade end
If it was in a pocket or bag this could potentially be a breakage hazard if it was pushed against something

The doteco mgear4 https://vaporasylum.com/threads/mgear4-by-doteco.1562/ is my choice for the blade as I like the size and the look
Also it has 4 power settings so you can get enough heat to work the blade instantly
The other reason it will be good for the blade is the lip this battery has works as a stopper for the protective cap and it can't slide down and hit the blade

Overall I highly recommend these ceramic hot knife blades for serious dabbers and can say now that it is a vaping item I no longer want to live without

Atm the only downside is that it's so fun to use while in the honeymoon period that I'm going through dabs quicker just so I can load the dab with the blade.....hahaa (and it happens so quick that the thrill of using is over in an instant so you want to have another dab just to try it again)

Go the dhgate for the win again
I think the $8usd one @LesPlenty shared is similar from photos for those in merica

Pics of the quaser and mgear4 below and the cap/lid

View attachment 38118
View attachment 38123
View attachment 38120View attachment 38121View attachment 38122

So I did a new feco run
Surprisingly it works reasonably well with the mgear4
That little bit of extra power it has must help
My quaser et al batteries don't work with my feco

It isn't quite as thick and big a cloud as on the modbox, but it is actually a proper and thick enough vapour cloud that it is good enough to use
Rather impressed tbh for a pen battery
You do have to draw for the whole time the light is on

I think the modbox is probably better for feco, but the mgear can certainly handle it for smaller draws if it's all you have
Harder hits and bigger clouds on the modbox
EDIT
I have realised this batch of feco is slightly "runnier" than my usual runs
I had used a few drops of water in there which can help the final purge as iso/ethanol evaporates at a lower temp to water
This has left a tiny amount of water in the final oil which has made it not as thick as usual - I'd say this is why it is working on the pen battery, I tried with the quaser and got some vapour too (not as thick but but better than past experience)
Usually my feco is extremely thick, almost sticky or closer to rosin - this stuff would not work with the mgear I still believe and would be more like @Kellya86 has described
IMG20220713233753.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at one of my modbox the other day while I had my glasses for fine print on
It actually tells me the volts in tiny numbers when you set the watts
So you were asking @david1984 about temps we need for feco

On my modbox as I mentioned I use it between 15 and 20 watts for feco with carts
At 15w my modbox reads 4.43V
And at 20w it reads at 5.12V
So for feco I need 15 - 20w or 4.43 - 5.12V

Hope this helps

@felvapes the max output wattage of MGear4 is up to 16W(1.0Ohm and 4.2V output voltage)
If you read my post again
My modbox reads 4.43V at 15w
At 4.2v it is at 13.6w when I check now

The voltage that is needed is 4.43 - 5.12 v

I also have explained - from practical use - that the mgear can only just handle my runny feco and it will NOT work with normal feco just as @Kellya86 has explained is their experience

However - my modbox works perfectly for feco
And it runs at 15-20w - which relates to 4.43 - 5.12 V
And this is the power needed to use feco in carts

The mgear won't handle it
You asked what Voltage was needed for feco and now you have the information :)

Something I have noticed using the modbox is that the voltage changes during use
It can rise mid draw as needed for power I assume
As the cart gets lower I turn the W up, the voltage tends to self adjust

This is the modbox versatility that we can't expect from a pen battery

But I do think a pen that goes between 4.4 - 5V would work for feco

The mgear4 has been brilliant with the hot knife tip
Battery lasts ages between charges and melts the rosin off the tip super quick

i know i’m late to this, but anyone know where i can get my hands on one of these pens? like websites or sum.
Thanks for your attention. Mgear4 is a legacy product and is not currently eligible for any new promotional offers.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back