Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Other forums?

Shredder

Dogs like me
Any one else on the early cannabis forums?

I cut my Internet teeth on over grow back in the day, early 2000's i believe, then spent some time on international cannagraphic organic growers sub forum, and then grass city organics. About 4 years ago I was on a private invite only forum, but I left after a lot of childish and flat out illegal behavior that I didn't want to be part of. I actually joined F C twice but lost my screen name, password and log in info in a computer melt down, well that and non interest for some years. I joined to look at something (omicron pens) then never went back for years. Even when I bought a volcano for some reason I was never that curious. That sure changed, lol.

Now at least 80% of forum surfing is here. I'm also on a retirement forum.

Thanks Mom! I like it here. I'm not on Facebook, twitter, or instagram, mostly just here.

FC is the only other cannabis forum I'm on, and that's just been over a year. I think I've signed up for one or two others, but don't remember much about it. At the time I signed up, I was in shock, and wasn't processing much. I quit Facebook andTwitter, but am on Instagram to follow mostly cannabis content. Now it's FC, VA, for forums, Instagram to follow along. I often think of quitting everything, but try to keep some connection with other people. I don't do well with isolation, but it is convenient.

VA FTW! never cared for any platform owned or operated by sticky tentacled Faceyspace?! so I wont go on wasting energy on it.
Lots of interesting, informative, creative and humorous posters on here. I think I'll stick around for a while. keeping a lo-pro online keeps my mental health in check.
one love to everyone on here.

Was anyone else on overgrow?

It was all very clandestine back then, and the Feds eventually took it down, sending a lot of posters into panic mode. I wasnt a frequent poster, but i did learn a ton about growing on that site. Then there was operation green merchant too that allowed the feds to follow purchasers using adds on high times. The cops used to monitor and take license plate info out of grow store parking lots as well. I don't miss those dark days.

It's so different nowadays. It's great to be open and not fear when talking about our favorite herbs.

I joined FC about a week ago, but the vibe I get here better suits me. Everyone seems so chill. No egos - at least not shitty ones. A lot of this is new to me, and I’ll probably have lots of stupid questions, but I can already tell I won’t get flack for asking them.

keeping a lo-pro online keeps my mental health in check.

I think I’m at this point in my life. I need to get off FB completely and minimize my insta time.

Last edited:
I joined FC about a week ago, but the vibe I get her better suits me. Everyone seems so chill. No egos - at least not shitty ones. A lot of this is new to me, and I’ll probably have lots of stupid questions, but I can already tell I won’t get flack for asking them.

I think I’m at this point in my life. I need to get off FB completely and minimize my insta time.
The inmates tend to be fairly well behaved. At least when they are medicated. Mom is a benevolent spirit, and the site reflects her warm ways. We love stupid questions. They are the only kind I actually understand. Gives us something to talk about.

@knowgood Welcome! If you read the past post, you'll learn a lot ( I did ). I belong to them all. I am rarely on FB anymore, but, I don't post, as a rule. FC was my first place I found, in fact, I remember seeing MOTG, sign off of that site. I thought,' too bad, I liked her'. But, I found her again, about a year later. Someone on FC, dropped the name of this place.
I joined Instagram, because so many posters use it. I don't really share anything on it, just learning how to navigate all of this.
I am on twitter, but not active. I joined, but, not sure why. I don't like it, and people are really ugly on there.
I aslo am on International Cannagraphic Organic Growers, but I've never posted. Mostly read.

Was anyone else on overgrow?

It was all very clandestine back then, and the Feds eventually took it down, sending a lot of posters into panic mode. I wasnt a frequent poster, but i did learn a ton about growing on that site. Then there was operation green merchant too that allowed the feds to follow purchasers using adds on high times. The cops used to monitor and take license plate info out of grow store parking lots as well. I don't miss those dark days.

It's so different nowadays. It's great to be open and not fear when talking about our favorite herbs.
I made seeds for Rick and heavens stairway him and gypsy both still owe me money.
The cannabis seed industry needs to be exposed to the light of day imo.

I’ve been on vapelife and that’s a cool site but I forgot my log in info and the site changed for a minute hiding the forum button, so I couldn’t find it. I am on FC here and there. I like VA the best! Love the layout, topics and most importantly the company that keeps me.

I’ve been on vapelife and that’s a cool site but I forgot my log in info and the site changed for a minute hiding the forum button, so I couldn’t find it. I am on FC here and there. I like VA the best! Love the layout, topics and most importantly the company that keeps me.
I'm glad you're here. Your posts are informative and fun. You are killing it in the Two Year Anniversary contest. Great job.

i'm also on vapelife and fc ... i lurk more than post but do post occasionally

I'm glad you're here. Your posts are informative and fun. You are killing it in the Two Year Anniversary contest. Great job.

Thank you @Madri-Gal. I’m really motivated by this one. The glass piece is :love: and the @phattpiggie Vapcap :naughty2:. I’d just love to rep The VA with those two themed pieces. I’m sure all of us are drooling over them. Also a good way to boost up my VA stats!

Thank you @Madri-Gal. I’m really motivated by this one. The glass piece is :love: and the @phattpiggie Vapcap :naughty2:. I’d just love to rep The VA with those two themed pieces. I’m sure all of us are drooling over them. Also a good way to boost up my VA stats!
I'm enjoying trying to think of something to say. I love getting involved with a fun thread. Someone will enjoy the prizes for sure, but I've found in contests that I'm happiest just entering and enjoying that aspect. Unless they show up at my house with a note saying "Congratulations!" prizes are just pictures on the internet, and there is always something to want on the internet . What I know is, it will be fun to be happy for the winner, and on VA it's most likely going to be someone I like, such as yourself.
Are the VA stats useful in some way ? I figured they were there so Mom can keep track of goings on. Administrative stuff. I'm intrigued that they may have A Larger Purpose.

I started posting on FC last November and I switched to vaping completely in December. I found this forum about a month ago and lurked around for awhile, until I realized that I wasn't going to win the contest unless I started posting! (yeah, big fan of phattpiggie's work) I kinda liked the overall vibe around here, too.

I post over on IC Mag, although I've been relatively quiet over there since joining FC and especially since joining here. I used to post on a couple musician forums but I'm taking a break from that whole scene.

No IG or tweets or whatever. I'm minimally on FB, mostly just keeping up with extended family. My daughter said she thought I'd like Reddit but I don't really want to open up that pandora's box. I already spend too much time online, I don't need more.

one love to everyone on here.
Much love baby!

I joined FC about a week ago, but the vibe I get here better suits me. Everyone seems so chill. No egos - at least not shitty ones. A lot of this is new to me, and I’ll probably have lots of stupid questions, but I can already tell I won’t get flack for asking them.

I agree. You probably won't see me posting much on FC anymore. This forum feels more like home to me. Since day one of registering at VA I knew this was the place to be!
Mom is the best and is a shining example of what other forum moderators should strive to be.

I'm a regular on FC going on almost a year, and just found out about this forum. Also signed up on vape life, but not sure I care for the layout of the forums. It seems the least intuitive to me.

Excited to learn from you all and be a positive contributing member of the forums! :headbang:
You've been doing great as a positive, contributing member, @nonamekevin.
The more I visit another vape forum, the more I regret it.
VA is my regret-free zone.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back