Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Skunk 1 Auto by Seedsman

psychonaut

Florist
Company Rep
I am a long time skunk fan, all of the varieties and direct descendants I find to be magical medicine. I decided to try out Skunk #1 auto by seedsman before I ventured into their regular seeds.

Skunk #1 auto by Seedsman (Skunk #1 x Lowryder #2)

Here are some pictures of the grow and harvest of 2 plants.

Popping beans in my best value vacs vacuum chamber with bottom heating pad
popping-beans.jpg

Plant #1 seedling
sk1-1st-plant.jpg

Plant #2 seedling
sk1-2nd-plant.jpg

Plant #1 veg (long stretched / slow blossoming pheno)
sk1-1st-plant-veg.jpg

Plant #2 veg (short / fast blossoming pheno)
sk1-2nd-plant-veg.jpg

Plant #1 ready for harvest, over 3ft tall
sk1-1st-plant-long-stretching-pheno.jpg

Plant #2 ready for harvest maybe 28" tall
sk1-2nd-plant_early-blossoming-pheno.JPG

Untrimmed tops on plant #1
sk1-1st-plant-tops-untrimmed.jpg

Untrimmed mids on plant #1
sk1-1st-plant-mids-untrimmed.jpg

Plant #2 top cola manicured
sk1-2nd-plant-top-cola-manicured.jpg

Plant #2 150u dry sift from trim
sk1-2nd-plant-dry-sift.jpg

Plant #1 trichomes
06-05-2019_14.50.47.png

Both plants fully harvested, what a haul! :cheers:
Left 3 jars: Plant #2 (early bloomer) - Right 4 jars: Plant #1 (later bloomer)
sk1-1st-and-2nd-plants-harvested.jpg

This strain was easy to grow, though I had two distinct phenotypes. The early bloomer was a shorter plant, much sweeter smell. The later bloomer was more bushy and less leafy and a more dead skunk smell. I suspect the early bloomer was the indica dom pheno, and the later bloomer was the sativa dom pheno, the broader leafs seemed to indicate that as well.

Both plants were grown in 3ga fabric pots with 100% coco coir pith using 600W MH for veg, and 2x Mars Hydro SP-250's for bloom using 18/6 light schedule the whole time. Feeding with advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi coco grow and bloom (2 part nutrients). I had made some mistakes during my grow which caused lockouts but I seemed to have rebounded enough to have pulled off a harvest without too ugly of buds! These plants were grown in a 4x4' tent with 4 others, so I think if one had a small tent like 2x4' and a 250W light you could easily grow a couple potential monsters with a lot of bud.

Overall, I felt like this was not my favorite strain to grow due to the varying phenotypes, I had to make accomidations to the early bloomer to raise it up enough to keep up with the later bloomer pheno. I would grow this variety again except next time I am going to use regular seeds and hopefully the phenotype is more homogeneous.

The effects are very laid back on the early bloomer, stoney. The later bloomer has a fair bit more euphoria. Flavor on the early bloomer is sweet and skunky, super smooth even freshly dried, the later bloomer was spicy and skunky, little bit of harshness from the early sampling of mids. The later bloomer is the more potent of the batch. They both smell similar in a way but the bud structure is quite a bit different. The later bloomer I have not seen that pheno displayed in my searches, most seem to be the classic christmas tree shape like plant #2.

Overall I give this strain a 7/10, effects are on point, flavor is great, smell is potent. Worth looking at for skunk #1 patients.

Early bloomer seed to harvest - 93 days
Later bloomer seed to harvest - 113 days

Last edited:
I am a long time skunk fan, all of the varieties and direct descendants I find to be magical medicine. I decided to try out Skunk #1 auto by seedsman before I ventured into their regular seeds.

Skunk #1 auto by Seedsman (Skunk #1 x Lowryder #2)

Here are some pictures of the grow and harvest of 2 plants.

Popping beans in my best value vacs vacuum chamber with bottom heating pad
View attachment 9826

Plant #1 seedling
View attachment 9828

Plant #2 seedling
View attachment 9833

Plant #1 veg (long stretched / slow blossoming pheno)
View attachment 9832

Plant #2 veg (short / fast blossoming pheno)
View attachment 9835

Plant #1 ready for harvest, over 3ft tall
View attachment 9829

Plant #2 ready for harvest maybe 28" tall
View attachment 9834

Untrimmed tops on plant #1
View attachment 9831

Untrimmed mids on plant #1
View attachment 9830

Plant #2 top cola manicured
View attachment 9837

Plant #2 150u dry sift from trim
View attachment 9836

Plant #1 trichomes
View attachment 9842

Both plants fully harvested, what a haul! :cheers:
Left 3 jars: Plant #2 (early bloomer) - Right 4 jars: Plant #1 (later bloomer)
View attachment 9827

This strain was easy to grow, though I had two distinct phenotypes. The early bloomer was a shorter plant, much sweeter smell. The later bloomer was more bushy and less leafy and a more dead skunk smell. I suspect the early bloomer was the indica dom pheno, and the later bloomer was the sativa dom pheno, the broader leafs seemed to indicate that as well.

Both plants were grown in 3ga fabric pots with 100% coco coir pith using 600W MH for veg, and 2x Mars Hydro SP-250's for bloom using 18/6 light schedule the whole time. Feeding with advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi coco grow and bloom (2 part nutrients). I had made some mistakes during my grow which caused lockouts but I seemed to have rebounded enough to have pulled off a harvest without too ugly of buds! These plants were grown in a 4x4' tent with 4 others, so I think if one had a small tent like 2x4' and a 250W light you could easily grow a couple potential monsters with a lot of bud.

Overall, I felt like this was not my favorite strain to grow due to the varying phenotypes, I had to make accomidations to the early bloomer to raise it up enough to keep up with the later bloomer pheno. I would grow this variety again except next time I am going to use regular seeds and hopefully the phenotype is more homogeneous.

The effects are very laid back on the early bloomer, stoney. The later bloomer has a fair bit more euphoria. Flavor on the early bloomer is sweet and skunky, super smooth even freshly dried, the later bloomer was spicy and skunky, little bit of harshness from the early sampling of mids. The later bloomer is the more potent of the batch. They both smell similar in a way but the bud structure is quite a bit different. The later bloomer I have not seen that pheno displayed in my searches, most seem to be the classic christmas tree shape like plant #2.

Overall I give this strain a 7/10, effects are on point, flavor is great, smell is potent. Worth looking at for skunk #1 patients.

Early bloomer seed to harvest - 93 days
Later bloomer seed to harvest - 113 days
That look’s so legit!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back