Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Storage Solutions

I was really sold on getting the mechanics cabinet that @warren0728 linked and showed it to my husband. Who then promptly said that he's seen them in his travels around the antique circuit. So..... now I'm on the look out for a vintage version of that cabinet. Even if I have to restore it I think it would be really cool. I feel upon a website that sells restored models and holy cow they can get a lot of money for them. But I think I may be able to find one around town for a reasonable price. There are several really good sources for antiques in the area. I'm excited... I love the hunt!
i would love to find a cool antique cabinet to use and probably will someday. but for now this was an easy cheap solution to get all my stuff in one spot! i really like it with the casters i added!

casters.jpg

casters-on-01.jpg

casters-on-02.jpg

Last edited:
I was really sold on getting the mechanics cabinet that @warren0728 linked and showed it to my husband. Who then promptly said that he's seen them in his travels around the antique circuit. So..... now I'm on the look out for a vintage version of that cabinet. Even if I have to restore it I think it would be really cool. I feel upon a website that sells restored models and holy cow they can get a lot of money for them. But I think I may be able to find one around town for a reasonable price. There are several really good sources for antiques in the area. I'm excited... I love the hunt!
Oooohhhhh! How fun! Please let us know what you find.

I like castors, and that cabinet, no way I could make one better for the money @arb, if I had a shop where I could pick the one I wanted instead of lucky dip web...I would probably have one.:thumbsup:

I like castors, and that cabinet, no way I could make one better for the money @arb, if I had a shop where I could pick the one I wanted instead of lucky dip web...I would probably have one.:thumbsup:
if you decide to take the mail-order chance and want a set of casters ... let me know! i had to buy a set of eight to get the look i wanted ... would be happy to gift the remaining 4 to someone!

I used to smoke cigars....Cuban cigars mostly...I was obsessed, had a great collection, and a credit card bill that would choke a hippo. LOL

During the tech bubble of 2000 or so, I was momentarily rich (sigh...sad story there...a regular tear jerker! haha) and bought this high end, book paged cherry, cabinet humidor.

Three MI's later, its where I store my vape stuff and flower.

But I'm running out of room!! haha

I have had one of those wooden tool chests in my shopping cart on Amazon for months now and just haven't pulled the trigger. I want it for storage of glass accessories mostly...or at least that kind of thing. But then, I have to buy a small side board table to put it on! haha Oh, my first world problems.

Here is what I use that cabinet for these days. These were taken a while ago and the inventory now includes a FP SH, G43, MV1s, Milaana, SB Jr, NOT the GH you see there as neither of mine are working (sigh), and a lot of other stuff. Just glass adapters has expanded to take up that drawer....side to side. The stuff reproduces at night...I'm convinced of it. Its like the trouble with tribbles. haha

Attachment-1.jpeg

Attachment-2.jpeg

Attachment-3.jpeg

I used to smoke cigars....Cuban cigars mostly...I was obsessed, had a great collection, and a credit card bill that would choke a hippo. LOL

During the tech bubble of 2000 or so, I was momentarily rich (sigh...sad story there...a regular tear jerker! haha) and bought this high end, book paged cherry, cabinet humidor.

Three MI's later, its where I store my vape stuff and flower.

But I'm running out of room!! haha

I have had one of those wooden tool chests in my shopping cart on Amazon for months now and just haven't pulled the trigger. I want it for storage of glass accessories mostly...or at least that kind of thing. But then, I have to buy a small side board table to put it on! haha Oh, my first world problems.

Here is what I use that cabinet for these days. These were taken a while ago and the inventory now includes a FP SH, G43, MV1s, Milaana, SB Jr, NOT the GH you see there as neither of mine are working (sigh), and a lot of other stuff. Just glass adapters has expanded to take up that drawer....side to side. The stuff reproduces at night...I'm convinced of it. Its like the trouble with tribbles. haha

View attachment 8167

View attachment 8168

View attachment 8169
@Baron23, that is unspeakably gorgeous. :love:

Guess what my son, Madri-Guy, got me for Mother's Day?
You must be so pleased!
I have the antique version that I purchased years ago at an antique auction. It is so functional and very heavy. Well worn toolbox made of oak. I have it squirreled away and was going to use it in the workshop for tools but I've been thinking that it might better serve as a Vape storage. Perfect with all the drawers and cubby holes. Also I like that the opening sequence is not obvious to the unfamiliar.

You must be so pleased!
I have the antique version that I purchased years ago at an antique auction. It is so functional and very heavy. Well worn toolbox made of oak. I have it squirreled away and was going to use it in the workshop for tools but I've been thinking that it might better serve as a Vape storage. Perfect with all the drawers and cubby holes. Also I like that the opening sequence is not obvious to the unfamiliar.
An actual antique must be awesome! Your glorious VapCap treasures deserve the best. Thanks for your help and support, @Squiby. You are a gem.

That is really nice he, makes me proud!
Me too! He took me out for breakfast, then to a movie, then made lunch, gave me my gift, uppotted my plants, is making dinner and watching the Pride and Prejudice ( 5 hours of Jane Austen- can he stand it, or will he break?). Next weekend he graduates with his BSN in Nursing. We decided we needed to celebrate, celebrate, celebrate. We somehow made it out alive, and we are happy to be here. He thinks the world of you and the Mrs., @arb, and rightly so.

Last edited:
Me too! He took me out for breakfast, then to a movie, then made lunch, gave me my gift, uppotted my plants, is making dinner and watching the Pride and Prejudice ( 5 hours of Jane Austen- can he stand it, or will he break?). Next weekend he graduates with his BSN in Nursing. We decided we needed to celebrate, celebrate, celebrate. We somehow made it out alive, and we are happy to be here. He thinks the world of you and the Mrs., @arb, and rightly so.
:hug:

You must be so pleased!
Wow, that must be a nice piece and made before most went to press board and veneer.

Gerstner's are the bomb....the real deal...and they cost a ton.

I got one of these Trinity from Walmart and I'm quite satisfied. For what I use it for, I don't need solid golden oak for lots of $$....but boy, I wish I had one! haha

617-large_default.jpg

Guess what my son, Madri-Guy, got me for Mother's Day? Yup. This storage chest! I love It! It's perfect! Now I have room for my @ddave mods and adapters, and the adapters @arb sent me ( thank you @arb)! I'm so psyched! Best Mother's Day ever!
I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you and your son have a great relationship. Now...5 hours of Austen and I would shoot myself, personally. But hopefully he hung for the duration...a true test of phial love! haha

Wow, that must be a nice piece and made before most went to press board and veneer.

Gerstner's are the bomb....the real deal...and they cost a ton.

I got one of these Trinity from Walmart and I'm quite satisfied. For what I use it for, I don't need solid golden oak for lots of $$....but boy, I wish I had one! haha

617-large_default.jpg

I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you and your son have a great relationship. Now...5 hours of Austen and I would shoot myself, personally. But hopefully he hung for the duration...a true test of phial love! haha
I'm the one that didn't make it through the Austen. Some Purple Pineapple Express put me out. M-G is a good man, and a good son. I'm lucky in him. He's my heart.

M-G is a good man, and a good son
Hang on...I thought Madri-Guy was your husband/partner...I just had a flashback to a certain Kaye Parker film.:smilie-devil:
That toolbox is over $500 on Amazon Australia:yikes:

Hang on...I thought Madri-Guy was your husband/partner...I just had a flashback to a certain Kaye Parker film.:smilie-devil:
That toolbox is over $500 on Amazon Australia:yikes:
That’s very high for the veneer versions we are talking about. I think mine was $99 from Walmart.

Perhaps you are looking at one of the solid oak boxes? I mean, even w a 100% VAT and shipping it shouldn’t be that much!!

That’s very high

Like me when I typed that...it was crazy freight price from the US to Oz, I can get it here off eBay for AU$165 but would only purchase from somewhere I could inspect it first hand due to a large number of quality issues talked about earlier.:thumbsup:

I want @Baron23 humidor...........that is nice!
Vigilant is the name of the company. They make wine coolers and the like....used to make fishing rod and gun cabinets, and the like but they seem to have given that up for high end wine installations. Very high quality, very $$.

Like I said, I was in the $$ during the 2000 tech bubble and wouldn't think of spending that kind of dough on a cigar humidor again. I quit cigars for the most part due to health issues but the Peltier device (thermoelectric cooler/heater) crapped out. What I would wish to do is pull the whole left panel with fans, displays, water reservoir, etc out....BUT, the shelves on that level only go that far and it would be a big renovation to pull it out and get new shelves made, installed. But I sure could use the additional space.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back