Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Storage Solutions

I am trying to get my workshop ready for a Dabpress and found I have very little space left in an already crowded space (galley style workshop that is only 1.8x5.5m (6x18feet) so I have been looking at a decent toolbox and found the following;

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kincrome-20-Drawer-Stainless-Steel-Chest-And-Trolley-Combo-at-Bunnings-Warehouse/283409398263?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
This looks identical (except the one I linked has an anti-fingerprint finish), I might have to do some shopping around but options are limited in Oz,

The top opens like a gull wing and would be a nice place to display my glass collection, not to mention it would free up my workbench of all my tools leaving a nice little patch for a Dabpress.:thumbsup:
My wife actually came up with the suggestion a few times now (every time I curse the guy that built the workshop so small)

I keep anything that smells in a large and heavy Pelican Case. It’s wheeled. I’ve replaced the foam twice. If odor is a concern this would be a good solution. Odor just doesn’t escape. I keep all of the vaping devices clean and they’re in two small filing cabinets in my den/office. It’s not an attractive solution but it meets my needs.

Edit: Changed Otterbox to Pelican Case. Whoops.

Last edited:
I am trying to get my workshop ready for a Dabpress and found I have very little space left in an already crowded space (galley style workshop that is only 1.8x5.5m (6x18feet) so I have been looking at a decent toolbox and found the following;

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kincrome-20-Drawer-Stainless-Steel-Chest-And-Trolley-Combo-at-Bunnings-Warehouse/283409398263?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
This looks identical (except the one I linked has an anti-fingerprint finish), I might have to do some shopping around but options are limited in Oz,

The top opens like a gull wing and would be a nice place to display my glass collection, not to mention it would free up my workbench of all my tools leaving a nice little patch for a Dabpress.:thumbsup:
My wife actually came up with the suggestion a few times now (every time I curse the guy that built the workshop so small)

:drooling:
Every time I go to Lowe's or Home Depot, or any other hardware store. I look at those tool cabinets. Tool chest? I'm not clear on the name, but I'm a sucker for them. I love the idea, @LesPlenty. I wish you had more choice, but you can't do better than what you selected. It's primo ultimo number one fine and dandy. I would love it so much, everyday I would give it a hug.

@deep_meditation, you have me eying my filing cabinet entirely differently. It sounds like you have quite a wonderful solution for your needs. Where do you find your foam?

:drooling:
Every time I go to Lowe's or Home Depot, or any other hardware store. I look at those tool cabinets. Tool chest? I'm not clear on the name, but I'm a sucker for them. I love the idea, @LesPlenty. I wish you had more choice, but you can't do better than what you selected. It's primo ultimo number one fine and dandy. I would love it so much, everyday I would give it a hug.

@deep_meditation, you have me eying my filing cabinet entirely differently. It sounds like you have quite a wonderful solution for your needs. Where do you find your foam?

I bought the Pelican 1621 foam on Amazon but I bought the case from B&H photo. Everything in the case is in a ball jar or cvault. I have about seven cVaults of varying sizes.

I’m just overly cautious about odor because I live in a condo. I try to be respectful to my neighbors as odors travel in my building. This is a big problem in DC in general and people are pissed. My neighbor’s son was staying with her for a while and he had a thing for fried mackerel and tilapia. I realize you can only expect so much in condos and apartments but that was rough. I always wonder if my vapor escapes from my condo. I use a smoke buddy. I’m not a burner.

Also, my mom was staying with me before I had the Pelican case and she basically told me the rooms smelled “skunky.” So I took care of that problem quickly. I’m middle aged but very close with my parents and don’t need to cause any stress.

I bought the Pelican 1621 foam on Amazon but I bought the case from B&H photo. Everything in the case is in a ball jar or cvault. I have about seven cVaults of varying sizes.

I’m just overly cautious about odor because I live in a condo. I try to be respectful to my neighbors as odors travel in my building. This is a big problem in DC in general and people are pissed. My neighbor’s son was staying with her for a while and he had a thing for fried mackerel and tilapia. I realize you can only expect so much in condos and apartments but that was rough. I always wonder if my vapor escapes from my condo. I use a smoke buddy. I’m not a burner.

Also, my mom was staying with me before I had the Pelican case and she basically told me the rooms smelled “skunky.” So I took care of that problem quickly. I’m middle aged but very close with my parents and don’t need to cause any stress.
You sound like a very thoughtful and kind person, @deep_meditation. I'm so happy for you that you are close to your parents. You must be a great source of joy and happiness for them. Thank you for the information about the foam. I've been needing to buy some, so this is quite helpful.

The wooden toolbox is almost perfect for me but I need the top storage to be twice as deep for jar storage and changed to a drawer.
I also want to be able to add a seal to the drawer to create a humidity controlled compartment

You might want to look at some Mylar food storage bags. It's what preppers use, and some dispensaries use small versions. I'm a caregiver and make deliveries, and they work really well to keep the smells down. My weed can be extreamly stinky. We also use the bags in the house to keep vapes and herb in. They're zip lock type mylar bags, and they're smell proof.

works like magic in the video.
They do work great! I use the regular and the wide mouth Foodsaver mason jar sealers to vacuum pack all my bud. Stored in a cool dark place, bud will remain preserved for years. They are inexpensive as well. I've used them for years not only for bud but for bulk long term storage for all manner of dehydrated food and they've never failed. They are a fantastic product!!!

Here are the mason jar attachments.

https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-FC...60089801&s=gateway&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=8-15

This is the vacuum pump that you place over the mason jar attachment. No need for a hose or the more expensive Foodsaver larger vacuum sealed unit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002FWIVCA/ref=psdcmw_1090768_t2_B016OL1AB6

Thanks @Squiby I just ordered both...AU$85 for both delivered
I have also started getting some toolboxes, the big S/S unit has to wait for my birthday, but for now, my vape glass accessory spares draw;
IMG_20190614_155015.jpg

And I still have my little caddy with my 'currently in use glass' so getting organised now.:thumbsup:
Look at all the glass cones that I have collected...wonder what I should do with them...:thinker:
IMG_20190614_155314.jpg

Might make a necklace for the wife, her birthday is coming up soon, now where did I put that tie wire...or go flash with a S/S fishing line trace.:thumbsup:?

Very nice, @LesPlenty . That's what I like to see, all of the adapters shining like jewels. Precious.
I'm wondering if your bowls couldn't be configured into a glass vape. Maybe J hook to m to f adapter, then ? then bowl? Heat under bowl? I've seen glass vapes, but have to play with this idea. I too, have near useless bowls that came with glass, and I would love to figure something out to redeem them. No combustion here, but I'm not handy. It does seem with the right series of adapters, there would be an all glass vape.

Last edited:
My Sidchrome jewellery box, that is its name now, thanks @Madri-Gal.:thumbsup:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back