Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass The Glass You Use

Which one did you get? The one in the middle?
All 3 are the same piece, just dif views... :cheers:
Actually, no, you're right! I didn't look closely enough...! But only the contoured/ribbed ones are on sale, and I believe the center one isn't ribbed (looking at the bigger image in the IG post above). The ones on the right and left both look ribbed. Damn crappy eyes...sorry! Guess I got a little too exited there...:buenrollo: Hey, it's been almost two years since I've indulged in any GAS at all...! :dog:

Last edited:
Repost, as it (and the sarcasm contained) applies here, as well:

So yeah, this just happened :uhoh::

And no, this isn't the beginnings of a major GAS attack, so don't even bother going there...:disgust:

So, I emailed inquiring about products (they do offer the quartz mouthpieces, btw) and the owner, Ayad, whom I had a great sales experience with 2 years ago when I purchased a 40% off HydroMaxx etc, replied, but said he was really under the weather and we agreed to put the sale off until the next day... it took a bit of back and forth and another day, but I ended up getting EVERYTHING for 40% off, even items that weren't on sale! All free shipping, too! He said he gave it to me cuz I was so nice and understanding... and here you all think I'm just some lunatic asshole... :rofl:tbf, "lunatic" may be hard to argue, but the other one? Not true.

My daughter is getting the larger order as a surprise... BOOYA!
So these landed...:

They're pretty cool, I guess, tho, it's not much more than a Yeti "knockoff" body... literally, it's pretty much exactly like my OG Yeti... maybe it seems a tiny bit lighter or weighted a hair dif, and the Blast top actually fits the Yeti a wee bit more snugly...? In other words, if you have an old OG Yeti-type spec body/can, all you'd need to buy is the top, mp and ds and you're good to go. It keeps ice for days if that's yer thing... not mine. Very little diffusion (just a straight open ended metal tube that's fairly HD). The "adapter" area that accepts 14mm, is kinda shallow and wide, so more narrow adapters won't fit tightly and may bottom out and are basically useless cuz of the air leak it causes. Ex. One of my Ol' Stubby DV stems fits fine, the other is too narrow and doesn't and is loose... useless! The glass mp that came with mine is a bit too big so it wobbles and leaks and is also useless, so they're sending another... no biggie. My daughter's is fine.

It could def be executed way better, but I like it (def for 40% off), the fucker hits like a truck! Pics and vids (no energy for usage vids... yet):

Mine:

Hers:

My pics:

She loves her Ryot case and cheapo grinder, too!:

Overall, a recommended experience and product(s)... :thumbsup::peace:

Last edited:
"Quickie-clean" day at Chez Bologna. These are the pieces currently called down from the cabinet for everyday use... the Welded Tater-Tot is also being used, but it's cleaning will have to be another day (much more "involved"):

Dirty (glass DV stems were already cleaned):

Clean (mostly, except for DV tips done after photos):

Pictured above (in addition to the others posted prior):

OG Blast Shield w/top, DS, MP
Puffitup "Dewdrop Rig"
I nip bottle full o' Everclear reclaim

Here's the top to the Blast. You can see the rib that stops the DS from sliding up thru, I'm thinking I could just shave that way down to allow for more clearance with my one narrow DV glass adapter... Also thinking about sealing up the bottom of the DS and then drilling some holes for a perc like the 15-hole by Goo Roo or maybe just have a glass one w/perc made...:

Ol Stubby stem that fits in place:

Last edited:
Today's (first) repost:

All things considered (ie the glass I own), I'd have to say the Sake Bottle is by far the best "all-arounder", for a number of reasons, most notably, the ability to lay completely flat on your back, whilst only tipping your head forward a bit, it will easily and reliably provide lightly conditioned vapor at almost any angle w/o sucking any water and still keep the 3-hole perc fully submerged. It's also super easy and fast to completely clean with minimal solvent... of which, I really only use when there're particularly stubborn scoobies present, otherwise max temp tap water will eventually suffice. And you'd be surprised, as was I, but the simple mouth/bottle feel fits damn near perfectly. It also rarely tips or gets knocked over, but when it does happen the simple design is actually quite strong and durable with nothing to easily break off... I solely used it with DV supplied flower vapor from 5/22-6/23 and I have about a dozen pieces of all shapes and sizes to choose from... Nothing beats simplicity done right :naughty2:

I haven't had a single real dab (just a few cart hits) in almost 2 full years now, but this will no doubt change very, very soon....:science::thumbsup::

PS: a secret addition was made to the order above but won't be revealed until an as of yet unspecified date...✌️

Woah! She's actually listening to us and/or reading the forumz now, omgwtf?!:
Screenshot-20230808-083606.png

Screenshot-20230808-083630.png

Woah! She's actually listening to us and/or reading the forumz now, omgwtf?!:
Screenshot-20230808-083606.png

Screenshot-20230808-083630.png
That wavy on the right looks great and the mouthpieces make a nice looking change from normal too, the only thing I would check on is if the mouthpiece joint will self-empty/drain as water pooling in that area is a pet hate of mine.
Edit, looks like water does pool under the mouthpiece,

Last edited:
That wavy on the right looks great and the mouthpieces make a nice looking change from normal too, the only thing I would check on is if the mouthpiece joint will self-empty/drain as water pooling in that area is a pet hate of mine.
Edit, looks like water does pool under the mouthpiece,

The 4th "slide" is a function vid if you have IG (somehow I think you don't) but it looks ok, tho the water never really reaches the joint....? Plus she has waaay too much water in there for vaping, imo:

Plus she has waaay too much water in there for vaping
If that is too much water then the main can body is too tall. I like the stacking of bubbles to fill a can myself to wash the top during each puff.
Here are the improved SAML FC mod and FC199v2 that fixed those pesky water pooling problems for me,
1691542696478.png

1691542667537.png

If that is too much water then the main can body is too tall. I like the stacking of bubbles to fill a can myself to wash the top during each puff.
Here are the improved SAML FC mod and FC199v2 that fixed those pesky water pooling problems for me,
Ah yes, well there you go, words from a pro...! That makes perfect sense. I never owned a rig like that, I only have a 3-piece style and with it I definitely prefer low water levels, but only cuz I generally prefer minimal filtration/conditioning... just enough to knock the "tickle" down a smidge. Plus a lil wawa sittin in a joint don't bother me too much... when/if it happens I just tip it back in quickly... no worries (cuz it ain't strapped down for dear life with rubber bands... heh) I would think cleaning the Swiss bong style would kinda suck compared to a 3-piece style.... no? I mean, I know you have ultra-sonic cleaners and high pressure hot water hooked up, but imagine us plebes...

suck compared to a 3-piece style
I like how I can break-down my FC-MOD and simply put it in the dishwasher. I have always felt the Swiss hole thing was a bit of a gimmick as it just takes up bubble stacking space to work as a fancy splash guard and somewhere to store q-tips...the swiss style makes more sense when using dry though:twocents:
I use rubber bands instead of wooden cams to hold bongs down so I can simply tilt my FC 199 (and others) forward to drain the mouthpiece area without removing my bands.

I use rubber bands instead of wooden cams to hold bongs down so I can simply tilt my FC 199 (and others) forward to drain the mouthpiece area without removing my bands.

Ok. I'll shut-up now....:whipit: (they call that being "tuned to a major key" around these here parts)

Time for a MA MSO "bubble hash" n flowah sammich or 2 in the DVs and it's "bedtime for Bonzo!" (more like BOZO :nut:)

G'night folks!

Can't decide which Puffco to use?
1697205419208.png

Last edited:
I suppose I can (re)post this, as they're not my pics/vid (just mostly my idea :naughty2: :science:) and just one of quite a few glass holiday gifts that are currently inbound...!!:

Ever seen a recycler with a removable mouthpiece before...? I haven't... just imagine using a nice fat whip so you can see all the action...:nod::cool::love::thumbsup:

she also fixed my broken Sherlock Shredder free, cheaply fixed my cheapo alixpress swiss perc ash catcher that I actually like alot (obviously) and she made me a very inexpensive flower injector bowl... Soooooo PSYCHED!!

Edit: It should pair up nicely with this that's also due in this week... but I had them add a huge foot for extra stability and make the whip/attachment 18mm... along with a massive 3" drop down, and another flower injector bowl, too!:

Last edited:
I suppose I can (re)post this, as they're not my pics/vid (just mostly my idea :naughty2: :science:) and just one of quite a few glass holiday gifts that are currently inbound...!!:

Ever seen a recycler with a removable mouthpiece before...? I haven't... just imagine using a nice fat whip so you can see all the action...:nod::cool::love::thumbsup:

she also fixed my broken Sherlock Shredder free, cheaply fixed my cheapo alixpress cheapo swiss perc ash catcher that i actually like and she made me a very inexpensive flower injector bowl.

Edit: It should pair up nicely with this that's also due in this week... but I had them add a huge foot for extra stability and the whip/attachment 18... along with a massive drop down, and flower injector bowl:

That's a nice rig! Lot's of diffusion. I couldn't tell if it has any vortex action.... perhaps in the center? The 'bubbles' sort of hide that part while in action so it's hard to see. Texas Glass does solid work.

I have seen a few recyclers with removable stems but they are few and far between. Here's one that I found:

52E9DA75-76A6-44E7-85CD-8EA0BDE4D123.jpg

Not sure what Texas Glass is charging for the one you linked, but my bet is it's reasonable. The one I pictured is a bit pricy and comes in at $675.

That's a nice rig! Lot's of diffusion. I couldn't tell if it has any vortex action.... perhaps in the center? The 'bubbles' sort of hide that part while in action so it's hard to see. Texas Glass does solid work.

I have seen a few recyclers with removable stems but they are few and far between. Here's one that I found:

View attachment 51293
Not sure what Texas Glass is charging for the one you linked, but my bet is it's reasonable. The one I pictured is a bit pricy and comes in at $675.

You share my fears, eagle eyes, but this is more of a prototype, so we'll have to wait and see what's up on Thursday...:biggrin:

I love Sky Glass!! Almost all their work, too, but it is all still, as of yet, priced out of reach for me...:crybaby2:

I'm not sure how she broke it all down, but I paid $210 for the recycler on sale (with an extra discount) after her new price drop and then she fixed the Sherlock Shredder, ash catcher, and made an injector bowl for an extra $60 (includes adding the removeable mouthpiece/redesign to the recycler).... to which I demanded paying the shipping, so she added another $20.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back