Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Vaporizer and Freeze Bong combo

718isaac

I have been looking for a clean, cool, thick, flavorful, vaporized flower hit for ages now.
I have tried a bong with an ice catcher, and connecting it to a Storz & Bickel Plenty vaporizer with a silicone tube. I find that the ice just masks the hot vapor and you get both cool and hot air.
I don't know if it's possible any more to get a cool flower vapor hit anymore.
But I discovered the freeze pipe duo bong, with freezable glycerin coils (https://thefreezepipe.com/), and I am willing to buy into the hybrid vaporizer (https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/volcanohybrid, for better temperature control and air pump) + freeze duo set up (~$1k total) if it means finally finding the toke I'm looking for. (Edit: I want to connect the hybrid tube into the bowl of the freeze bong.)
I've smoked for years and vaped for years and now I stick to homemade edibles because neither feel right to me anymore.
Will the vapor just condense in this set up? Will it be cool? Will it have flavor?
I see that GC has a sale ending soon. Hopefully I get some answers by then.
Thank you.

I use an Enano log vape and use a frozen stem that they sell at Epicvape. Flavor and cooling but it might not be what you are looking for.
I do have a few bongs as well which I can load with ice
Thank you for the quick reply.
How would you compare the bongs with ice catchers to the frozen stem? The ice catcher bong for me only masked the hot air somewhat.
Does the vapor condense in the frozen stem? Does it feel thin?
What makes you say that it might not be what I am looking for?

@718isaac I wasn’t sure if you wanted something more potable is why I didn’t know if that was what you were looking for. Yes the frozen stem does fog up. I have a couple stems that I keep in the freezer. You might need to play around with different bubblers. I buy cheap glass personally. As long as you have an adapter you’re good to go.

The most expensive bong I own is the EVO s Hydrabomb which I bought on sale. Glass breaks to easy around me. To be honest I don’t know a lot about bongs, just what I find out from others.

image.jpg

This is my Enano log vaporizer stem that’s made for the freezer. It has those special beads that stay somewhat cold. keep two and you can switch out. From Epicvape

Last edited:
@718isaac welcome to the asylum. :smile:

I've smoked for years and vaped for years and now I stick to homemade edibles because neither feel right to me anymore.
What is it that doesn't 'feel right' anymore? Do you not enjoy the high as much? Can't get high? Or is it just that the vapor isn't cool enough and makes you cough?

I am willing to buy into the hybrid vaporizer (https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/volcanohybrid, for better temperature control and air pump) + freeze duo set up (~$1k total) if it means finally finding the toke I'm looking for. (Edit: I want to connect the hybrid tube into the bowl of the freeze bong.)
This makes me think you are looking for a heavy hitter in a vape? Bigger clouds?

Once we fine tune exactly what it is you are looking for, we can try to help point you in the right direction.

Motg asked my questions above

It depends what exactly you are looking for and what the issues you have are

If you just want a big hard hitting unit that is smooth on the throat I would point you towards a ball injector vape
They provide the biggest clouds, hardest hits and are smooth on the throat with little to no coughing

If you already have vapes that you like and are just asking how to make them less irritating on your throat then we can point you in that direction as some people have already

It's a little hard to make suggestions atm though as I am not 100% sure what it is you are needing or asking

@718isaac I wasn’t sure if you wanted something more potable is why I didn’t know if that was what you were looking for. Yes the frozen stem does fog up. I have a couple stems that I keep in the freezer. You might need to play around with different bubblers. I buy cheap glass personally. As long as you have an adapter you’re good to go.

The most expensive bong I own is the EVO s Hydrabomb which I bought on sale. Glass breaks to easy around me. To be honest I don’t know a lot about bongs, just what I find out from others.

View attachment 40626
This is my Enano log vaporizer stem that’s made for the freezer. It has those special beads that stay somewhat cold. keep two and you can switch out. From Epicvape

@718isaac welcome to the asylum. :smile:

What is it that doesn't 'feel right' anymore? Do you not enjoy the high as much? Can't get high? Or is it just that the vapor isn't cool enough and makes you cough?

This makes me think you are looking for a heavy hitter in a vape? Bigger clouds?

Once we fine tune exactly what it is you are looking for, we can try to help point you in the right direction.

Motg asked my questions above

It depends what exactly you are looking for and what the issues you have are

If you just want a big hard hitting unit that is smooth on the throat I would point you towards a ball injector vape
They provide the biggest clouds, hardest hits and are smooth on the throat with little to no coughing

If you already have vapes that you like and are just asking how to make them less irritating on your throat then we can point you in that direction as some people have already

It's a little hard to make suggestions atm though as I am not 100% sure what it is you are needing or asking

Thank you CarolKing. Thank you momo and felps.
Combustion feels thicker. Vaporizing feels more flavorful, but thin. Both feel too hot. I am willing to sacrifice thickness for flavor, but I definitely want something cooler. Chill if possible even.
The freeze pipe support says it works with vaporizers and sells a silicon adapter.

Thank you CarolKing. Thank you momo and felps.
Combustion feels thicker. Vaporizing feels more flavorful, but thin. Both feel too hot. I am willing to sacrifice thickness for flavor, but I definitely want something cooler. Chill if possible even.
The freeze pipe support says it works with vaporizers and sells a silicon adapter.
I wonder are you confusing smooth with cool ......

All I know is that I find* vaping irritating and I think it's too hot. I am even sensitive to the heat from a basic vape pen or pax portable vaporizer.
I have sensitive lungs and find drawing vapor directly into my lungs irritating to both my lungs and throat. The solution for me has been to restrict the air path and puff the vapour like a cigarette. What I mean by this is to draw small amounts of vapor into my mouth first, similar to pulling a milkshake through a straw and then inhale the vapour along with fresh cool air. This approach provides a cool smooth toke, is not irritating and it prevents coughing as well.

I am looking into the ball vapes now. All I know is that I find* vaping irritating and I think it's too hot. I am even sensitive to the heat from a basic vape pen or pax portable vaporizer.
I found most vapes made my throat tickle and cough - not my lungs like like smoking - most vapes create a throat tickle that makes even smokers cough

The ball vapes/and a couple of newer portables) have much more airflow and this seems to help "cool" the vapour as more fresh air comes through and also makes it a lot smoother
The amount of vapour I get in my lungs now that doesn't make me cough compared to one puff on a mighty or some others is amazing

I believe you are searching for smooth not cool

I live in a legal state. I do like flower that has good flavor. Some weed tastes terrible. Sometimes it comes down to the product you are vaporizing as well. Dry weed will sometimes tastes harsh. Not all weed is the same, I need to know a lot about what I buy and put in my body.
I have a lot to choose from so I feel very lucky. i don’t like harshness myself so I’ve found weed products that I prefer. Give me GrapeApe any day! Never White Widow - yuck.
Lately I’ve been using flavored distillates that are in a cartridge and I use a pen style vaporizer that requires a cartridge. No smell and the flavor is consistent and clean. Need to be careful, you need to buy from a good company. I prefer something called Two Heads that make the cartridges.

I have sensitive lungs and find drawing vapor directly into my lungs irritating to both my lungs and throat. The solution for me has been to restrict the air path and puff the vapour like a cigarette. What I mean by this is to draw small amounts of vapor into my mouth first, similar to pulling a milkshake through a straw and then inhale the vapour along with fresh cool air. This approach provides a cool smooth toke, is not irritating and it prevents coughing as well.

I found most vapes made my throat tickle and cough - not my lungs like like smoking - most vapes create a throat tickle that makes even smokers cough

The ball vapes/and a couple of newer portables) have much more airflow and this seems to help "cool" the vapour as more fresh air comes through and also makes it a lot smoother
The amount of vapour I get in my lungs now that doesn't make me cough compared to one puff on a mighty or some others is amazing

I believe you are searching for smooth not cool

I live in a legal state. I do like flower that has good flavor. Some weed tastes terrible. Sometimes it comes down to the product you are vaporizing as well. Dry weed will sometimes tastes harsh. Not all weed is the same, I need to know a lot about what I buy and put in my body.
I have a lot to choose from so I feel very lucky. i don’t like harshness myself so I’ve found weed products that I prefer. Give me GrapeApe any day! Never White Widow - yuck.
Lately I’ve been using flavored distillates that are in a cartridge and I use a pen style vaporizer that requires a cartridge. No smell and the flavor is consistent and clean. Need to be careful, you need to buy from a good company. I prefer something called Two Heads that make the cartridges.

Thank you. Keeping my mouth like a straw helps, but I am going to go for it with the dual freeze bong and let you know, starting with my plenty vape.
Now about these ball vapes. Is flowerpot the best? It looks like the B-0 basic kit should be good enough.

Thank you. Keeping my mouth like a straw helps, but I am going to go for it with the dual freeze bong and let you know, starting with my plenty vape.
Now about these ball vapes. Is flowerpot the best? It looks like the B-0 basic kit should be good enough.
B2 hits hardest if going CH
Taroma is also brilliant and the other hardest, or the Taroma lite is similar to B0 but a bit more thermal from Ti

AliExpress has a version of the taroma that is the most cost effective version and I can't see it being much different in quality to the taroma

I have made my own 500/600 ruby quartz one too

We have a baller thread come over and have a squiz

I modded my plenty to get extra guts out of it - I also just realised you are using a plenty
It was quite a harsh vape for me unless through water and even then it had a bite others don't

You may just need a new vape rather than a frozen bong
Interested to hear your results though
Happy vaping matr

Is there any info on the efficiency of the freeze bongs?
Would crushed ice perform as well?

Cewpins on YouTube &Twitch swears by taking a sip of cool water before every hit

Maybe a balance between flavor and harshness

Maybe if folks list what they have in their glass when they vape

I do filtered water that is the last of the boiling water I use to clean my water pipe
Let it reduce to room temperature
Depending on what I'm vaping the concentrates are a little harsh
I have a glass adapter I can use to hook up the volcano which is always been a little harsh
See what happens

B2 hits hardest if going CH
Taroma is also brilliant and the other hardest, or the Taroma lite is similar to B0 but a bit more thermal from Ti

AliExpress has a version of the taroma that is the most cost effective version and I can't see it being much different in quality to the taroma

I have made my own 500/600 ruby quartz one too

We have a baller thread come over and have a squiz

I modded my plenty to get extra guts out of it - I also just realised you are using a plenty
It was quite a harsh vape for me unless through water and even then it had a bite others don't

You may just need a new vape rather than a frozen bong
Interested to hear your results though
Happy vaping matr
Going CH? What is CH? What is Ti?
How did you mod your plenty?
Also I even find the pax and vape pens harsh, but I want to try both a new vape and glass.
I am glad to see some innovation with this. I think there can be some innovation around active cooling and density control too.
Looks like Taroma is sold out.
Also looks like the B-0,1,2 have small bowls, so like 3 hit sessions?

Is there any info on the efficiency of the freeze bongs?
Would crushed ice perform as well?

Cewpins on YouTube &Twitch swears by taking a sip of cool water before every hit

Maybe a balance between flavor and harshness

Maybe if folks list what they have in their glass when they vape

I do filtered water that is the last of the boiling water I use to clean my water pipe
Let it reduce to room temperature
Depending on what I'm vaping the concentrates are a little harsh
I have a glass adapter I can use to hook up the volcano which is always been a little harsh
See what happens
oh wow I dont think I ever tried crushed ice...and to think I converted my ice catcher bong into a vase for a bamboo plant. I might have to clean it out and test, for science!

Going CH? What is CH? What is Ti?
How did you mod your plenty?
Also I even find the pax and vape pens harsh, but I want to try both a new vape and glass.
I am glad to see some innovation with this. I think there can be some innovation around active cooling and density control too.
Looks like Taroma is sold out.
Also looks like the B-0,1,2 have small bowls, so like 3 hit sessions?
Have a look at the thread -SHOW US YOUR BALLS -
More info about ballers there and discussion for you CH is the brand that makes the B series
Ballers are 1-2 draw vapes and done - a DV size load or up to a gram in a couple draws

I've heard the Pax can be harsh too
The mighty was harsh
I think, you may need to try some new vapes
Someone else has been asking about hotter vapes elsewhere lol
People have personal likes

The ALP is notably smooth and cool according to a lot of users (I find this too)

I did try bongs with ice in the tube etc early on but I stopped doing this - I think maybe it didn't achieve what I wanted or I found smoother vapes did the job

The plenty thread explains the mod and how to do it

Definitely try the crushed ice as I think it will give you an indication of how the freeze bong would work before spending money on it

Last edited:
Have a look at the thread -SHOW US YOUR BALLS -
More info about ballers there and discussion for you CH is the brand that makes the B series
Ballers are 1-2 draw vapes and done - a DV size load or up to a gram in a couple draws

I've heard the Pax can be harsh too
The mighty was harsh
I think, you may need to try some new vapes
Someone else has been asking about hotter vapes elsewhere lol
People have personal likes

The ALP is notably smooth and cool according to a lot of users (I find this too)

I did try bongs with ice in the tube etc early on but I stopped doing this - I think maybe it didn't achieve what I wanted or I found smoother vapes did the job

The plenty thread explains the mod and how to do it

Definitely try the crushed ice as I think it will give you an indication of how the freeze bong would work before spending money on it
I like the idea of the glycerin, and my bamboo plant does not want to be disturbed haa.
Flowerpot b2 is cheaper and will prob deliver faster than the qaroma.
Now I am just trying to understand if I want the injector or standard bundle.
Update: I think I know the difference, but that site demo showed a heat setting of 652 with only a small puddle in the glass. I don't think I can do it.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the glycerin, and my bamboo plant does not want to be disturbed haa.
Flowerpot b2 is cheaper and will prob deliver faster than the qaroma.
Now I am just trying to understand if I want the injector or standard bundle.
Update: I think I know the difference, but that site demo showed a heat setting of 652 with only a small puddle in the glass. I don't think I can do it.
Titanium is Ti sorry
CH is cannabis hardware the brand

Ball vapes are the smoothest I've tried
Injector is the latest thing, taroma V1 or AliExpress version does both
Check the ball thread out for details - I'm just not going into detail here as a different thread
Quickly though - the number on the pid is not the temperature your weed will vape at or what you will experience on your throat

There are other smoother vapes, but ballers are the smoothest I've tried ime

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back