Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Law Weird Cannabis News

I can't tell you how little fucks I have to give to Rogin or any of these other actors/celebrities from whom, quite frankly, I am sick and tired of hearing their every fucking thought on how I should live and how this country should be run.

Actually, I have no fucks to give at all.

Seth Rogen is coming to TechCrunch Disrupt to talk about weed business

TechCrunch is thrilled to announce Seth Rogen is coming to TechCrunch Disrupt this September. The movie-star-turned-pot-businessman is speaking on his latest venture: Houseplant, his privately funded entrée into the cannabis business.

Houseplant made a big splash when it launched in 2021, and it continues to get a lot of attention in the noisy world of cannabis. But, of course, having Seth Rogen involved helps keep the company relevant.

You know Seth. Seth Rogen is one of the biggest stars in the entertainment world and isn’t shy about his use of cannabis — the plant is nearly a co-star in each of his movies. And now he’s selling different strains and lifestyle house goods, too.

Houseplant quickly gained a large following. As a result, we have a lot of questions. First, we want to know about Houseplant’s trajectory and its involvement with the cannabis giant, Canopy Growth. And then there’s Houseplant’s use of social media, which is instrumental in the company’s success. How can other cannabis companies learn from Houseplant’s strategies? And then there’s the celebrity angle, too. How can a brand net a high-profile spokesperson or investor, and at what cost?

Houseplant isn’t just a variety project for co-founders Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. This company can become a significant player in the cannabis world, and we’re thrilled to have Seth on our stage, answering questions and giving advice.

Passes are now available for the virtual show and there’s a handful of pass options with discounts for founders, students and non-profits. Get your ticket soon though, prices more than double on September 20. We hope to see you online.

I can't tell you how little fucks I have to give to Rogin or any of these other actors/celebrities from whom, quite frankly, I am sick and tired of hearing their every fucking thought on how I should live and how this country should be run.

Actually, I have no fucks to give at all.

Seth Rogen is coming to TechCrunch Disrupt to talk about weed business

TechCrunch is thrilled to announce Seth Rogen is coming to TechCrunch Disrupt this September. The movie-star-turned-pot-businessman is speaking on his latest venture: Houseplant, his privately funded entrée into the cannabis business.

Houseplant made a big splash when it launched in 2021, and it continues to get a lot of attention in the noisy world of cannabis. But, of course, having Seth Rogen involved helps keep the company relevant.

You know Seth. Seth Rogen is one of the biggest stars in the entertainment world and isn’t shy about his use of cannabis — the plant is nearly a co-star in each of his movies. And now he’s selling different strains and lifestyle house goods, too.

Houseplant quickly gained a large following. As a result, we have a lot of questions. First, we want to know about Houseplant’s trajectory and its involvement with the cannabis giant, Canopy Growth. And then there’s Houseplant’s use of social media, which is instrumental in the company’s success. How can other cannabis companies learn from Houseplant’s strategies? And then there’s the celebrity angle, too. How can a brand net a high-profile spokesperson or investor, and at what cost?

Houseplant isn’t just a variety project for co-founders Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. This company can become a significant player in the cannabis world, and we’re thrilled to have Seth on our stage, answering questions and giving advice.

Passes are now available for the virtual show and there’s a handful of pass options with discounts for founders, students and non-profits. Get your ticket soon though, prices more than double on September 20. We hope to see you online.
He is a voice 4 weed?
CANNABIS mean’s something different 2 each bipedal creature’s?

Looks like Amazon is selling more than we thought....

India police charge Amazon executives in marijuana smuggling case

Police in Madhya Pradesh, a central state in India, have registered a case against executive directors of Amazon India in connection with alleged use of the e-commerce marketplace for smuggling marijuana in the South Asian market, they said Saturday evening.

The police didn’t disclose how many senior executives they had charged, but said it found contradictions in the response submitted by Amazon India in an ongoing investigation. Unnamed Amazon India executives have been booked under the nation’s narcotics law, the state police said in a statement.

The police in Madhya Pradesh arrested two men with 20 kg (44 pounds) of marijuana last week and said the men were using the Amazon India website to smuggle the substance.

Amazon said last week and today that it was cooperating with the authority in the investigation. Narottam Mishra, the home minister of the Indian state, on Friday expressed concerns about the alleged misuse of Amazon’s marketplace in India and said Amazon was not cooperating in the probe.

“Amazon was called but they’re not cooperating. We will bring them. I appeal to Amazon’s MD-CEO to cooperate or else we’ll initiate action,” said Mishra.

An Amazon India spokesperson told TechCrunch that the company has a “high bar on compliance and contractually our sellers are required to comply with all applicable laws for selling their products on amazon.in. We do not allow the listing and sale of products which are prohibited under law to be sold in India.”

“However, in case sellers list such products, as an intermediary, we take strict action as may be required under the law, when the same is highlighted to us. The issue was notified to us and we are currently investigating it. We assure full co-operation and support required to Investigating Authorities and Law Enforcement agencies with ongoing investigations and ensure full compliance to applicable laws,” the statement added.

India is a key overseas market for Amazon. The American e-commerce giant has invested over $6.5 billion in its operations in India.

The company is currently the subject of an antitrust probe in the country and also in the middle of a highly debated multibillion dollar deal involving Future Retail and Reliance Retail, two of India’s largest retail chains.

The series of troubles doesn’t end there for the world’s largest e-commerce giant. In September, a whistleblower at the company’s India unit alleged that its legal representatives had bribed government officials. Amazon said it was conducting an investigation into the allegation.

Earlier this year, Amazon issued a rare apology to users in India over complaints that a few scenes in a Prime Video nine-part miniseries hurt religious sentiments of some people.

Our Ladiesof thePerpetualHigh​

weed nuns

Photographs by Yana Yatsuk

How a New Age order of feminist nuns is reimagining spiritual devotion and trying to heal the world — one joint at a time​

Corrine Ciani

By
CORRINE CIANI
DECEMBER 25, 2021
In the middle of California’s Central Valley, in a modest milky-blue home on one acre of farmland, lives a small group of nuns. They wear habits and abide by a set of vows, but as the door opens, it’s clear that the Sisters of the Valley, as they’re known, aren’t living in a traditional convent. Because as the scent wafts out, it’s unambiguous: It’s the earthy, pungent smell of weed.
When we visit, five women live in the home: Sister Kate, 62; Sister Sophia, 49; Sister Quinn, 25; and at the moment, Sister Luna and Sister Camilla, both 34, who are visiting from Mexico. Sister Kass, 29, lives off the property with her two children and her partner, Brother Rudy, the collective’s crop manager. On this sunny day, the Sisters of the Valley home is flooded with golden beams of light; a cream-colored piano stands against the wall with an ashtray and joint placed on top. Sister Kate picks it up, lights it, and thoughtfully inhales as she sits down to play “America the Beautiful.” She’s using a piano-learning app filled with Christian songs and national anthems — the two genres of music she dislikes the most. But there is an underlying motive: “The Christian kids nearby have contests, so if I do a lot of practicing in a month, then I can beat them,” she says with a raspy laugh. “There is some gratification in beating the Christian kids.”

The Sisters of the Valley are not a religious organization, but an enclave of self-proclaimed sisters who are in the business of spreading spirituality and selling healing cannabidiol products. “Look, the average age of a new Catholic nun in America is 78,” says Sister Kate, founder of the sect, which has 22 sisters and eight brothers worldwide. “Christianity is dying all around us. What are people going to do? They need spirituality in their life; we need it for meaning. We are very spiritual beings walking a physical path, and so for that reason we will find ways to connect. And we are just one example of that.”

weed nuns

Sisters Sophia, Camilla, Luna, Quinn, and Kate (from left) partake in their harvest, which is grown in California’s Central Valley. “One thing I love about Covid is nobody passes joints anymore,” says Sister Kate. “We roll, and we smoke our own joints — it’s a very personal thing.” She sees cannabis as medicine: “If I could grow a bed of poppies, I’d figure out how to make that medicine.”
Yana Yatsuk

Their property is a peaceful setting, with ashtrays everywhere. There’s a craft yurt, vegetable beds of kale and spinach, a trailer where Sister Quinn resides, and tall potted cannabis plants, which were cultivated in a shed and planted outside in preparation for the upcoming full-moon harvest. (All of these are hemp, from which they extract CBD, but they also grow marijuana for personal use.) A secondary home on the property, known as the abbey, is used for medicine-making. The scent of their lavender salve consumes this space. The walls are lined with photos of nuns and female religious figures, some with joints, some without. Sister Sophia smiles as she stirs a pot on the stove, heating up their CBD topical salve before packaging it into jars. When it comes to their products, it is always referred to as medicine, not cannabis, and all steps from planting, to trimming, to packaging are scheduled around the moon cycle.

weed nuns

Sisters Luna, Sophia, Kate, Quinn, and Kass (from left) near their farm. “At this point, I feel like we’re all family,” says Sister Kass, a mother of two. “We basically do everything together.”
Yana Yatsuk

Born into a traditional Catholic upbringing, Sister Kate spent a considerable amount of her youth surrounded by nuns. Prior to founding Sisters of the Valley, she was a consultant, traveling to assist clients who were opening telecommunications and internet businesses. But as a single mother, she gave up her career, which had required her to be away from home. With an undergrad in business, a half-completed MBA, and extensive experience working with deregulating businesses, she looked toward the cannabis industry as a new frontier. She moved to the Central Valley and started a nonprofit cannabis collective in 2009, where she provided medical marijuana to local terminal patients.

According to Sister Kate, her fall into nunhood began in 2011, when the Obama administration lost a fight to have the Department of Agriculture declassify pizza sauce as a serving of vegetables in school lunches. “I said, ‘Oh, my God, if pizza is a vegetable, then I am a nun,’” she explains. Soon after, when she was planning to go to an Occupy protest, her nephew reminded her of a nun costume she had in her closet, and suggested she wear it. “When I protested with the Occupy movement dressed as a nun, people wanted me to organize myself into a religion and I kept saying, ‘No, this is meant to be crazy. This is meant to be a thumb at the establishment, that everything is broken in this country.’”
weed nuns

Sister Camilla, a co-founder of the Sisters of the Valley Mexico chapter.
Yana Yatsuk

During her years of protests against tuition hikes and budget cuts throughout California as a self-proclaimed nun, the question arose: What would a new order of nuns look like? “I thought everybody would think I was crazy because I was this single, self-declared sister, but really it sparked a debate about what a New Age order of nuns would look like if they were refounded today in this environment,” says Sister Kate. In August 2013, she was invited to a gathering of Native American tribes at the Tule River Reservation in the San Joaquin Valley. There, she talked to the women elders who held ancient knowledge of making medicine from plants. “When I came off of that mountain, I’m like, ‘Damn, I’m going to form my own sisterhood,’” she says.
weed nuns

Left: Sister Luna looks in on one of their grows. “We grow an eighth of an acre of weed during the long season,” says Sister Kate, but the order is looking to expand. Right: Sister Sophia with freshly potted cannabis.
Yana Yatsuk

Fifteen months later, she made a Weed Nuns Facebook page; she soon amassed 5,000 followers. In 2015, one of those adherents landed on her doorstep, declaring she would work for free. “I thought, ‘Huh, if four of us lived together and made medicine together, we could share our Netflix bill and I wouldn’t have to give up cable,’” Sister Kate says, so she went about starting a commune. “We didn’t want to be a religion. A religion forces you to be in the business of begging, and we know we can support ourselves. It had to be something that supported women ownership of businesses, and here we are. As it turns out, we end up looking like an ancient order called the Beguines.”
weed nuns

The sisters prepare for a moon ceremony. “We start our medicines on the new moon, and we finish our batch on a full moon,” explains Sister Kate. “As soon as we close out on a full-moon batch, we plan for the next. In between, we’re labeling, bottling, testing, and getting ready for shipping.”
Yana Yatsuk

A now-defunct religious order, the Beguines date back to the Middle Ages. Due to a multitude of unmarried women and a desire for spirituality, all-female groups found a way to live in devotion without officially joining a religious order. These women, who lived communally and supported themselves by making cloth or caring for the sick, stressed living like Christ; they were spiritual, and some even delved into mysticism. “We are not trying to romanticize the past, but there are things we like about it,” says Sister Kate. “It’s the way that these women worked in harmony with nature that we are trying to emulate.”
Part of the Sisters of the Valley business plan involves devoting their work and life to the cycles of the moon, which they believe is what their ancient ancestors did. Their harvest ceremony, which takes place during a full moon, begins with a reading from the “Book of the Beguines,” a pamphlet written by the enclave. “There’s no such thing as a ‘Book of the Beguines,’” Sister Kate confesses. “They were all burned. We make our own readings. We have to imagine what our ancestors would have said, what they would’ve done, and how they would have reacted to local political forces. Our closing prayer is from Season Four of Game of Thrones,” she says, laughing.
weed nuns

Left: Sisters trimming weed from a recent harvest. Right: the sisters’ pajama party.
Yana Yatsuk

By afternoon, the Central Valley sun fills the craft yurt. Sister Kate takes a seat under the skylight to explain the meaning of their vows, represented by the acronym SOLACE: Service, Obedience, Living Simply, Activism, Chastity, and Ecology. Service relates to their work making plant-based medicine — cannabis, and more recently, mushrooms. “Obedience is not to any order or person but to organize our lives by the cycles of the moon,” Sister Kate says. Living simply, as she puts it with a smirk, “means we can’t own a yacht — but you can, and can invite us all to join you.” The fourth is activism, meaning holding local officials accountable.
Chastity, Sister Kate says, is not to be confused with celibacy. “Some people think that means you can’t do anything intimate, we can’t ever have a relationship, but that’s not true,” says Sister Quinn. “Our interpretation is that we are privatizing that part of our lives.” Ecology is for their intention to decrease their environmental footprint. And then, of course, there’s the full nun’s habit; it’s required on the farm, Sister Kate says, and is worn as a meditation to be in touch with their ancient mothers, to protect their hair and skin from medicine-making, and as a sign of respect for the plant that has been disrespected for hundreds of years.

weed nuns

Some of the Sisters practice a synchronized Tiktok dance at their pajama party as Sister Kass smokes a joint.
Yana Yatsuk

With tens of thousands of followers on TikTok and Instagram, their message is spreading. Sister Quinn, their social-content creator, is aiming to make them more accessible. As an eco-feminist who studied business economics at University of California, Merced, she believes in microeconomies and sustainable communities. “I know that some things need to be on a bigger level, but I think that people living in small communities and sharing the work — the gardening and living together — I think that that’s a really positive direction that we should be going in society,” says Sister Quinn. In regard to the enclaves’ focus on feminism, she says, “it’s more about realizing that women and female entities are more connected with the Earth. We are the healers, portals for life; we create everything. We like to have a certain amount of harmony, a certain amount of balance. Everyone does their part.”
As for how local officials feel about the enclave, it’s taken the Sisters of the Valley years to get in the good graces of the sheriff’s department. The sisters are regulars at city hall and have emphasized building a relationship with local authorities — with good reason, since they have yet to receive a business permit to grow hemp for profit. “They haven’t given me a permit, and I don’t think they ever are going to give me a permit,” says Sister Kate. “We are in our seventh year of operations and to shut us down, I think, they would have to take us before a judge, and I don’t think a judge would shut us down when we have 10 people working on a one-acre farm.”
weed nuns

Sisters Quinn, Kate, Sophia, Luna, and Camilla (from left) near the property.
Yana Yatsuk

Jobs in the Central Valley are far and few, so Sister Kate is set on expanding their business and creating work and leadership opportunities for women. As a small business having been left rocked by Covid-19, the sect is saving what they can and searching for a farm to be able to manufacture hemp on a larger scale, furthering Sister Kate’s goal of hiring more of her local community and advancing her spiritually charged, cannabis-laced mission. “The idea is that the sisters set up their own business, set up their own commerce, have their own store,” she says. “[They] start out by earning either through wholesale or as an agent, but always plan to be making their own medicine and having their own little territory.… Everything about us is about female empowerment: women owning property, and women making the rules.”

Strangely enough, at hundreds of dollars an ounce, I have never been tempted to feed my legal buds to a donkey.

Anybody?

haha

Don’t Feed Marijuana Buds To Donkeys, New Study Warns

Feeding donkeys fresh marijuana buds is inadvisable, according to a new study that looked at novel cases of cannabis toxicosis in two equine.

The study, published in the Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, investigated what happened after a jack and jenny (the terms for male and female donkeys, respectively) were fed a few grams of cannabis that was being legally grown for human consumption.

The donkeys’ symptoms sound a lot like what happens when a person takes an edible that’s too strong. They presented as lethargic and their hearts were beating faster than normal, for example. But while it took longer to come down from the high for the donkeys compared to humans, with symptoms lasting 44 hours in the younger jenny before she was taken to the hospital, the study says both “recovered uneventfully within 24 hours of peak effects.”

“Marijuana toxicosis is typically seen by companion animal veterinarians. However, with increased marijuana availability, there is a greater potential for toxicosis in other species,” the study authors wrote. To the scientists’ knowledge, this is the first study documenting cases of cannabis consumption in donkeys.

A positive outcome from the donkey highs was that scientists had a chance to experiment with testing procedures to confirm that the symptoms were due to exposure to cannabinoids. They used a “screening assay in collaboration with a veterinary diagnostic laboratory,” which the study authors said “may be useful when an equine practitioner suspects marijuana toxicosis in a patient.”

While they were able to determine those cannabinoid concentrations in the donkeys’ plasma, the researchers noted that more data is needed to figure out what dose of cannabis causes toxicosis in the species.

In terms of treating donkeys who ate too much marijuana, the study says practitioners could potentially use gastric lavage, administer activated charcoal or use laxatives.

“These adjunctive therapies are targeted at decreasing gastric absorption and facilitating excretion to limit the adverse clinical effects of cannabis,” they wrote. “There is no scientific evidence to support the benefit of these therapies for marijuana toxicosis in equine patients. However, activated charcoal and gastric lavage are effective means of supportive treatment for marijuana toxicosis in canine patients.”

The study doesn’t directly comment on the ethics of feeding cannabis to donkeys, but as a general rule, people are discouraged from intentionally intoxicating animals and should take precautions to avoid accidental ingestion.

Another study released last year found that, apparently, some canines are even getting intoxicated off marijuana by eating the feces of people who’ve consumed cannabis.

Separately, there is interest within the scientific community about the effects of non-intoxicating CBD in animals like dogs and horses.

Dogs with epilepsy experience considerably fewer seizures when treated with CBD oil, a study published in the journal Pet Behaviour Science in 2019 found.

The prior year, a separate study determined that CBD can alleviate the symptoms of osteoarthritis in dogs.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for its part, has repeatedly warned pet owners about using CBD to treat firework-related anxiety in pets around the July 4 holiday.

Strangely enough, at hundreds of dollars an ounce, I have never been tempted to feed my legal buds to a donkey.

Anybody?

haha

Don’t Feed Marijuana Buds To Donkeys, New Study Warns

Feeding donkeys fresh marijuana buds is inadvisable, according to a new study that looked at novel cases of cannabis toxicosis in two equine.

The study, published in the Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, investigated what happened after a jack and jenny (the terms for male and female donkeys, respectively) were fed a few grams of cannabis that was being legally grown for human consumption.

The donkeys’ symptoms sound a lot like what happens when a person takes an edible that’s too strong. They presented as lethargic and their hearts were beating faster than normal, for example. But while it took longer to come down from the high for the donkeys compared to humans, with symptoms lasting 44 hours in the younger jenny before she was taken to the hospital, the study says both “recovered uneventfully within 24 hours of peak effects.”

“Marijuana toxicosis is typically seen by companion animal veterinarians. However, with increased marijuana availability, there is a greater potential for toxicosis in other species,” the study authors wrote. To the scientists’ knowledge, this is the first study documenting cases of cannabis consumption in donkeys.

A positive outcome from the donkey highs was that scientists had a chance to experiment with testing procedures to confirm that the symptoms were due to exposure to cannabinoids. They used a “screening assay in collaboration with a veterinary diagnostic laboratory,” which the study authors said “may be useful when an equine practitioner suspects marijuana toxicosis in a patient.”

While they were able to determine those cannabinoid concentrations in the donkeys’ plasma, the researchers noted that more data is needed to figure out what dose of cannabis causes toxicosis in the species.

In terms of treating donkeys who ate too much marijuana, the study says practitioners could potentially use gastric lavage, administer activated charcoal or use laxatives.

“These adjunctive therapies are targeted at decreasing gastric absorption and facilitating excretion to limit the adverse clinical effects of cannabis,” they wrote. “There is no scientific evidence to support the benefit of these therapies for marijuana toxicosis in equine patients. However, activated charcoal and gastric lavage are effective means of supportive treatment for marijuana toxicosis in canine patients.”

The study doesn’t directly comment on the ethics of feeding cannabis to donkeys, but as a general rule, people are discouraged from intentionally intoxicating animals and should take precautions to avoid accidental ingestion.

Another study released last year found that, apparently, some canines are even getting intoxicated off marijuana by eating the feces of people who’ve consumed cannabis.

Separately, there is interest within the scientific community about the effects of non-intoxicating CBD in animals like dogs and horses.

Dogs with epilepsy experience considerably fewer seizures when treated with CBD oil, a study published in the journal Pet Behaviour Science in 2019 found.

The prior year, a separate study determined that CBD can alleviate the symptoms of osteoarthritis in dogs.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for its part, has repeatedly warned pet owners about using CBD to treat firework-related anxiety in pets around the July 4 holiday.
I make a lot of edibles, When I was done with my leftover dregs I would toss them in my garden . I had no idea Libby my small dog, was eating them up :doh: . She would wait at the backdoor for me to toss them. Now I toss them in the garbage . She still waits for me when I'm baking though :biggrin:.

Well, I'm betting on USPS being successful in maintaining their abysmal level of service no matter the legal status of cannabis.

Legalizing Marijuana Would Help People Get Their Mail Delivered On Time, Congressman Says

A congressman is suggesting that one way to help resolve the significant staffing shortages at the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) would be to federally legalize marijuana so that government employees stop losing their jobs for using it.

At a House Rules Committee hearing on a postal service reform bill last week, Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-CO) noted that he’s getting complaints from constituents who aren’t receiving their mail on time due to worker shortages, saying that one under-appreciated factor behind the problem is that “you cannot be in the employ of the federal government or the post office if you have any kind of THC or cannabis in your system.”

“It stays in the system for 30, 60 days sometimes, is what I’ve been told,” he said.

Perlmutter, the sponsor of a bipartisan marijuana banking reform bill that passed the House for the sixth time this month, urged his colleagues to “just to kind of keep that in the back of the mind,” adding that “in Colorado, that [federal cannabis ban] can kind of cut the potential staffing numbers down.”

He also jokingly mentioned that he could see a fellow committee member Rep. Mark DeSaulnier (D-CA) smiling on camera as he discussed the issue.

The chair followed up by asking if DeSaulnier if he would yield “for any cannabis-related questions,” and the congressman replied, that “as a former bartender in San Francisco in the 70s. I won’t.” However, after thanking members for their work on the legislation, he joked that he would “yield back, because I’ve got a case of the munchies.”

The lighthearted exchange gets at the heart of a serious issue that advocates have been working to resolve. Federal prohibition and strict drug testing policies within government agencies have arguably had a chilling effect on employment, preventing qualified people from applying for certain jobs and putting current federal workers in jeopardy of losing their jobs if they consume a product that’s increasingly legal in states across the country.

Meanwhile, the director of national intelligence (DNI) said in a recent memo that federal employers shouldn’t outright reject security clearance applicants over past marijuana use and should use discretion when it comes to those with cannabis investments in their stock portfolios.

The FBI updated its hiring policies last year to make it so candidates are only automatically disqualified from joining the agency if they admit to having used marijuana within one year of applying. Previously, prospective employees of the agency could not have used cannabis within the past three years.

However, it’s since further revised the policy to add a stipulation that applicants are ineligible if they’ve used cannabis more than 24 times after turning 18.

Then-FBI Director James Comey suggested in 2014 that he wanted to loosen the agency’s employment policies as it concerns marijuana, as potential skilled workers were being passed over due to the requirement.

The federal legalization of hemp has also prompted several agencies to update their employment policies.

The Department of Defense, for example, made clear that CBD is off limits for service members.

The Air Force issued a notice in 2019 stipulating that its members are prohibited from using the compound.

The Navy told its ranks that they’re barred from using CBD regardless of its legal status.

And the Coast Guard said in 2019 that sailors can’t use marijuana or visit state-legal dispensaries.

NASA said that CBD products could contain unauthorized THC concentrations that could jeopardize jobs if employees fail a drug test.

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration issued guidance to federal agency drug program coordinators in 2019, expressing concern about excess THC in CBD products, which seems to have prompted the various departments to clarify their rules.

The Department of Transportation took a different approach in 2020, stating in a notice that it would not be testing drivers for CBD.

For its part, the Drug Enforcement Administration continues to enforce its policy of automatically disqualifying applicants who’ve used marijuana in the prior three years before applying.

And while the Biden administration has instituted a policy of granting waivers to certain workers who admit to prior cannabis use, it’s come under fire from advocates following reports that it fired or otherwise punished dozens of staffers who were honest about their history with marijuana.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki has previously attempted to minimize the fallout, without much success, and her office released a statement in March stipulating that nobody was fired for “marijuana usage from years ago,” nor has anyone been terminated “due to casual or infrequent use during the prior 12 months.”

A powerful congressional committee released a report over the summer that urges federal agencies to reconsider policies that result in the firing of employees who use marijuana legally in accordance with state law.

Separately, USPS released a final rule last year that asserting that even devices designed for federally legal hemp derivatives like CBD generally cannot be shipped through the U.S. mail.

Last edited:
I hope some of you followed the link and watched the YouTube vid....shame I can't get it to post here properly. Fuck YT and, frankly, most of big media tech. Its both funny as hell and spot on good advise.

Kind of redefines the meaning of Carnation milk company's catch phrase of "from contented cows"

And don't you secretly wish you could do that to your nostril? haha

1649431340036.png

Feeding Cows Hemp Helps Them Chill Out, Federally Funded Study Finds

A new study suggests feeding cattle industrial hemp—a horticultural cousin of marijuana—reduces their stress levels and makes them lie down more.

That could prove beneficial to ranchers because relaxed steers tend to be healthier. Researchers at Kansas State University said hemp could be a natural way to decrease stress-related respiratory infections and other ailments when cattle are being transported or weaned off their mothers.

Mike Kleinhenz, assistant professor of beef production medicine at the K-State College of Veterinary Medicine, published the results of the study recently in Scientific Reports.

“We might have a more natural way to reduce stress in cattle,” he said. “And we’re just starting to scratch the surface on some of the benefits.”

Kleinhenz’s study involved 16 Holstein steers. Over two weeks, half the steers consumed traditional feed and the other half ate a mixture of feed with industrial hemp. It’s a cannabis variety containing the chemical compound CBD with lower levels of the psychoactive component THC—the stuff that gets you high.

CBD is a popular pain- and anxiety-relief remedy.

Kleinhenz and his team tracked the cattle’s movements and also monitored their blood for cortisol and prostaglandins, which are biomarkers for stress. Compared to the control group, the hemp-munching steers spent more time lying down and had lower levels of stress hormones.

The team also found that the hemp was absorbed but did not accumulate in the steers’ systems, Kleinhenz said.

“It was kind of an exploratory study that yielded some really interesting results,” he said. “You usually don’t go fishing and find stuff like that.”

Cattle that are more relaxed could benefit ranchers when it’s time to wean them or move them to feedlots when close-quarters stress sometimes leads to respiratory infections or other ailments.

After the 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp production in the United States, interest grew in hemp as an agricultural commodity, including as feed for animals. But U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval would be required before hemp could be fed to livestock or pets.

In 2020, K-State’s team received a $200,000 research grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to analyze the safety of industrial hemp as cattle feed.

Currently, growers dealing in the CBD oil market hire processors to extract the oil from hemp seeds or flowers. The process leaves behind large amounts of plant material with little value.

If those byproducts, which contain trace amounts of CBD or THC, could be used to feed livestock, it would benefit cattle ranchers and keep waste out of landfills, Kleinhenz said.

“Basically it’s the old cow recycle” system, he said. “Similar to the ethanol story, where cattle are fed distillers’ grains from ethanol production.”

Follow-up studies will look at how cattle absorb CBD compounds and their potential effect on food products.

“We want to understand the whole timeline, from when an animal last consumes [hemp compounds] to when it can safely enter the food chain and not have those compounds in the system,” Kleinhenz said.

Hell, give me enough weed and I might even vote for.....ooops, not going there! haha

Amazon says New York union organizers gave workers weed to help secure unionization votes

Amazon has claimed that New York union organizers handed out marijuana to workers in a bid to secure unionization votes.​

The objection was one of several made by the ecommerce giant Friday as it seeks to overturn a vote that created the first union in the company's history.
On April 1, the National Labor Relations Board said a majority of workers at the JFK8 warehouse in Staten Island, New York, had voted to join the Amazon Labor Union (ALU). Amazon is challenging the vote and has claimed that the ALU and the NLRB suppressed voter turnout

In a filing Friday, Amazon questioned the methods used by the ALU to win unionization votes, according to multiple reports. Insider was unable to obtain the filing.
According to reports of the filing, Amazon's lawyers said ALU organizers distributed cannabis to workers ahead of the vote, and said the NLRB "cannot condone such a practice as a legitimate method of obtaining support for a labor organization.

Since 2021, New Yorkers aged 21 and over have been permitted to use recreational marijuana.

Eric Milner, a lawyer representing the ALU, told AP that organizers handing out cannabis was "no different than distributing free t-shirts and it certainly did not act to interfere with the election."
Amazon and the ALU did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment made outside normal working hours.

In an earlier filing, Amazon claimed that union organizers interfered with employees waiting in line to vote and threatened immigrant workers with the loss of benefits.

On Saturday, Connor Spence, the ALU's vice president of membership, said Amazon's objections "have no merit" and intended to "suppress a democratic outcome." He added:

"We urge Amazon to cease these childish legal games, respect the voices of their workers, and engage in behavior that is more becoming of 'Earth's Best Employer.'"

In a filing responding to Amazon's objections, the union laid out 21 of its own objections, which include claims of unlawful surveillance of workers, intimidation, and retaliation.

Amazon spokesperson Kelly Nantel said:

"We've always said that we want our employees to have their voices heard, and in this case, that didn't happen – fewer than a third of the employees at the site voted for the union, and overall turnout was unusually low."

Nantel added:

"Based on the evidence we've seen so far, as set out in our objections, we believe that the actions of the NLRB and the ALU improperly suppressed and influenced the vote, and we think the election should be conducted again so that a fair and broadly representative vote can be had."

Will such stupidity ever stop!?

##############################

You tell me! haha

1650397425290.png

Is Elon Musk a fan of marijuana?

The billionaire and CEO of Tesla likes to use a cannabis code.​

What is your lucky number?
Many people have often been asked this question. Basically, the number that corresponds to them or the number or combination that they will have in mind if they decide to play the lotto.
It is one of the few commonly-shared superstitions.
The richest man in the world seems to share this superstition as well. Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc Report, is worth $259 billion as of April 13, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
The tech mogul has a lucky or magical number that he seems to come out with for major financial and stock market transactions.
This number has three digits: 420.

The whimsical entrepreneur has just used this number for a transaction that is shaking the business community and all of Silicon Valley. Musk wants to acquire the microblogging site Twitter (TWTR) - Get Twitter, Inc. Report, of which he is already the largest shareholder with a 9.2% stake.
The billionaire made a proposal. In details, Musk is offering the price of $54.20 per Twitter share.
A little less than four years ago, he had already used the same 420 for another blockbuster financial deal.
"Am considering taking Tesla private at $420," Musk tweeted on August 7. "Funding secured."
"Shareholders could either to sell at 420 or hold shares & go private," the billionaire added.

Musk Smoked Marijuana in Public​

Musk has really never said if the 420 was his lucky number but it is clear that he has used it in two ultra-important transactions, both for him and for the two companies in question. This makes it safe to say 420 is at least a number he likes.
420 also refers to the rallying code for marijuana enthusiasts. April 20 or 4/20 is indeed known to be "Weed Day" or practically a holiday for pot lovers. Smoking weed on April 20, preferably at 4:20 a.m. or p.m., has become something of a custom for cannabis lovers.
It turns out that the tradition began in 1971 with a group of teenagers known as the Waldos, who grew up in Marin County, Calif., according to several reports. They were called the Waldos because they liked to hang out leaning against a wall and smoke pot at 4:20 p.m. each day. This "wall" was not far from San Rafael High School.
They excavated a 4/20 flag and stamped letters from the same era as evidence, all used as a code to designate cannabis.
Since then, the famous number 420 has been used for various reasons, even in movies. A number of clocks in Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" were set to 4:20.
In 2003, California governor Grey Davis signed into law SB 420, the “medical marijuana task force” bill introduced by state senator John Vasconcellos. The bill regulated the use of marijuana.
Musk, who lived in California until last year, has smoked cannabis in public. This was the case in September 2018 during a podcast show with very controversial celebrity Joe Rogan.

This shit never happens when I'm around...dang. haha

Missouri troopers find 500 pounds of weed on highway after 4/20 crash

Two suspects from Mexico arrested at the scene

Missouri police officers found over 500 pounds of marijuana at the scene of a car crash on April 20.

A pickup truck traveling on I-70 accidentally struck two semitrucks on the highway, sending the vehicle out of control. Authorities arriving to the scene found the treasure trove of marijuana scattered on the highway, according to local affiliate FOX 2.

"You don’t see this everyday, but it is 4/20," the Missouri State Highway Patrol wrote on social media.

The sheer volume of drugs recovered from the scene proved cumbersome for the police.

"After it was all collected at the crash scene, it took more than one patrol car to transport it to the evidence room," Missouri State Highway Patrol wrote on social media.

April 20, the date of the crash, is an unofficial holiday dedicated to smoking marijuana.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol said troopers found 500 pounds of weed on a highway after a crash on April 20, 2022.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol said troopers found 500 pounds of weed on a highway after a crash on April 20, 2022. (Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop F)
Driver David Mora Navarro, 34, and passenger Victor Gonzalez Acosta, 32, were arrested at the scene. Both suspects are from Mexico and both have been charged with felony drug trafficking in the past.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The U.S. House of Representatives voted Friday to decriminalize possession of marijuana on the federal level.

Missouri State Highway Patrol collected 500 pounds of weed scattered on a highway after a crash on April 20, 2022.

Missouri State Highway Patrol collected 500 pounds of weed scattered on a highway after a crash on April 20, 2022. (Missouri State Highway Patrol )
The House heard a slew of proposed amendments for the bill, including measures to track and prevent impaired driving under the influence of marijuana, as well as carve-outs for law enforcement to restructure around the decriminalized substance.

The bill passed with a vote of 220 to 204. The bill still has a long road ahead to full approval, but is so far one of the most successful pieces of recreational drug legislation at the federal level.

I often think that if a certain class of people spent as much time concerned with actions and facts as they do policing words that we might actually make things better.

Washington state legislature strikes word 'marijuana' from state laws, citing racism

The bill's sponsor said the word is 'pejorative and racist'​

The Washington State Legislature recently passed a bill replacing the word "marijuana" with "cannabis" in all state laws, citing the alleged racist origins of the Spanish word.

"The term ‘marijuana’ itself is pejorative and racist," said Democratic state Rep. Melanie Morgan claimed during 2021 testimony regarding House Bill 1210, which she sponsored, according to local CBS affiliate KIRO 7.

"As recreational marijuana use became more popular, it was negatively associated with Mexican immigrants," Morgan explained. "Even though it seems simple because it’s just one word, the reality is we’re healing the wrongs that were committed against Black and Brown people around cannabis."

Evening at the Washington State Capitol with flowering cherry trees.

Evening at the Washington State Capitol with flowering cherry trees. (Dan Mihai/Getty Images)

Morgan went on during her testimony to quote Harry Anslinger, the first commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, who played a pivotal role in the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 that banned selling and processing cannabis.

"It was … Anslinger that said, and I quote, ‘Marijuana is the most violent causing drug in the history of mankind. And most marijuana users are Negroes, Hispanic, Caribbean, and entertainers. Their satanic music, jazz, and swing result from marijuana usage,'" said Morgan.

"It was used as a racist terminology to lock up Black and Brown people," she added.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee holds a press conference on March 16, 2020, in Seattle.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee holds a press conference on March 16, 2020, in Seattle. (Elaine Thompson - Pool/Getty Images)
Gov. Jay Inslee signed the bill after it passed unanimously on March 11, and its provisions will go into effect in June.

In 2020, Washington state lawmakers established the "Washington Task Force on Social Equity in Cannabis," with the intention of bringing more diversity to pot shop owners by offering minority cannabis license applicants grants and financial assistance to get their business started.

By a vote of 220-204, the U.S. House of Representatives voted earlier this month to decriminalize possession of marijuana on the federal level.

GOP Senate Candidate Pushes ‘Pot For Potholes’ Marijuana-Funded Infrastructure Plan In Hilarious Campaign Ad

1655388103658.png

“Pot for potholes.” That’s the marijuana-funded infrastructure plan that one Republican Missouri candidate for U.S. Senate is proposing in a catchy campaign ad.
As C.W. Gardner has worked to stand out in a crowded field of dozens of opponents, he released a spot in April that includes a plan to federally legalize cannabis and use some of the resulting tax revenue for to repair America’s roads.
Gardner is aware that the odds are stacked against him in the race. But he’s seizing the opportunity on a platform of “fixin’ things,” including the country’s cannabis laws.
“When I get to Washington, D.C., I plan on introducing my ‘pot for potholes’ legislation,” he said in the ad, which describes the candidate’s serious policy proposal in a fairly over-the-top manner. “Legalize marijuana at the federal level and take a portion of the tax money collected to bankroll research and development for pothole eradication.”

“I want to couple that with launching a National Pothole Task Force,” Gardner says in between clips of him repairing local roadways. “Scientists, engineers, manufacturers, entrepreneurs and federally funded research universities all working toward a common goal: eradicating potholes from this great country.”
It would be a task on the scale of the Manhattan Project that the U.S. government facilitated in the push to develop nuclear weapons, he said. The pothole cannabis and infrastructure plan would be the “Missouri Project.”
“I think everyone’s kind of on board with both aspects of it,” Gardner told Marijuana Moment in a phone interview on Tuesday. “Potholes are a big talk around St. Louis right now.”

“It’s two things that I think that might not go hand-in-hand when you look at it,” he said. “It’s more of the branding that works together—but I think it’s two pretty popular ideas.”
Missouri voters will likely get the chance to decide on enacting marijuana legalization in the state via a ballot initiative in November.
Gardner can’t necessarily claim the idea as his own, however. Not only have advocates generally pushed for marijuana legalization as a revenue-generator that could be used, in part, for infrastructure purposes—but former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee (D) specifically promoted a “pot for potholes” agenda nearly a decade ago.
In any case, the Gardner ad is yet another example of how politicians across the political spectrum have become conformable leaning into the cannabis reform issue, even in a Republican primary. Many congressional candidates aren’t shying away from the policy any more—they’re aiming to win the marijuana vote.

An Indiana mayor who’s running for U.S. Senate openly smoked marijuana in a campaign ad that was released on the unofficial cannabis holiday 4/20 in April, marking the second time in this election cycle that a Democratic Senate candidate has toked on camera on the campaign trail.
Louisiana Democrat Gary Chambers, who is also seeking a seat in the U.S. Senate, also drew headlines this year when he smoked a blunt in one of his first campaign ads.
Chambers’s initial marijuana ad took place in Louisiana, where low-level possession is decriminalized. But he also visited Illinois and filmed a follow-up spot where he visited a drive-thru dispensary.
Anthony Clark, an Illinois candidate who ran an unsuccessful primary challenge against a Democratic congressional incumbent in 2020, made waves after he smoked marijuana in a campaign ad while discussing his personal experience with cannabis and the need for federal reform. He also hosted what he called the “first-ever congressional weed party” in a campaign video.
Also that year, a Democratic candidate for a House seat to represent Oregon frequently discussed consuming and cultivating cannabis herself.
A sitting member of Congress has never publicly smoked marijuana, but several lawmakers have visited marijuana farms, companies and state-legal dispensaries. Rep. James Comer (R-KY) brought CBD oil products he uses to a committee hearing in 2019.
Washington State Gov. Jay Inslee (D) said in 2019 that while he doesn’t smoke marijuana, “I do grow it legally,” but a spokesperson later clarified that he was broadly referring to legal cultivation in the state.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back