Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

@Killick I've turned buddery rosin into more of a sticky sap by applying 150F heat to the jar while sealed over several hours. My winterized rosin usually ends up being more like a shatter once it's purged. I've only experimented with winterizing 4-5 times, so my level of experience is a bit limited.

Just a few pics of the Sai vs the Motar,
IMG_20190928_143318.jpg

bowl sizes, Sai=9mm ID x 6.65mm deep, Motar=10.95mm ID x 11.77mm deep
IMG_20190928_143256.jpg

Cl9ose up of bowls, Sai,
IMG_20190928_143522.jpg

Motar,
IMG_20190926_221225.jpg

Both are easy to clean, just swab it with a qtip, after awhile some char will build up, I just put in a few drops of tank water then hit the fire button to boil off any black char, it will eventually steam off any residue to look like new.

Just a few pics of the Sai vs the Motar,
View attachment 13389

bowl sizes, Sai=9mm ID x 6.65mm deep, Motar=10.95mm ID x 11.77mm deep
View attachment 13390

Cl9ose up of bowls, Sai,
View attachment 13391

Motar,
View attachment 13392
Both are easy to clean, just swab it with a qtip, after awhile some char will build up, I just put in a few drops of tank water then hit the fire button to boil off any black char, it will eventually steam off any residue to look like new.
You know more than most!
I have many mod’s & pens for wax (rosin)

mod’s & pens for wax (rosin)
What are your favorites? I am looking for another mod or 2 so I can leave attys set up and not have to remember all the different settings, I was looking at something discrete like this,
1569686332727.png

HeHe.

What are your favorites? I am looking for another mod or 2 so I can leave attys set up and not have to remember all the different settings, I was looking at something discrete like this,
View attachment 13412
HeHe.
That is a cool one? (Want it!)
I have so many mod’s: PICO 80 watt, WISEMEC 100 watt & so many other’s?
PEN’S it depends what color I’m into?
PINK is coming!
I have many I like?

ROSIN is so low in price?
However employees are trying hard to make a name for themselves?
Bosses are greedy so it’s better to grow and make medicine yourself! (Quality suffer’s from GREED) my POV?

Currently my mod is operating at 7 watt’s?
I’ve been around 100 watt’s B-4?

Last edited:
PS - for those wondering where my ideas come from, here's a post stolen from Extractcraft earlier. It's a version of QWET with a bunch more steps involved. Thanks to the OP for sharing it. I'm considering trying this method using dry sift, and also with rosin, just to see what happens with the additional cleaning. The charcoal scrub/DE filtration is new to me, making me wonder how rosin will react to the added filtration. Possibly runny enough for these new style of top-load cartridges?

Anyhoo, original post, with a few tweaks and acronym reductions. Has anyone tried anything similar with rosin? Will added filtration make much difference?

500 ml ET
Standard freezer @ -10F. 10-15 min wash. Grade 4 filtration thru buchner funnel.
(using The Source) Evaporate solvent to ~300ml.
Remove from machine, perform an activated charcoal scrub, filter with diatomaceous earth.
Filter 2 more times with Grade 5 paper. Then it's ready to finish in machine.

Pull from machine, let dry or vac on mat until you have a solid. Ball it all up and just play with it like playdoh.
You may have to heat it to 120F or so to soften the shatter so that it will bend and twist instead of snapping like glass. If you play with it long enough, it will begin to nucleate (butter up). Heat, agitation, and vacuum (agitation) speed this up.

PS - for those wondering where my ideas come from, here's a post stolen from Extractcraft earlier. It's a version of QWET with a bunch more steps involved. Thanks to the OP for sharing it. I'm considering trying this method using dry sift, and also with rosin, just to see what happens with the additional cleaning. The charcoal scrub/DE filtration is new to me, making me wonder how rosin will react to the added filtration. Possibly runny enough for these new style of top-load cartridges?

Anyhoo, original post, with a few tweaks and acronym reductions. Has anyone tried anything similar with rosin? Will added filtration make much difference?

500 ml ET
Standard freezer @ -10F. 10-15 min wash. Grade 4 filtration thru buchner funnel.
(using The Source) Evaporate solvent to ~300ml.
Remove from machine, perform an activated charcoal scrub, filter with diatomaceous earth.
Filter 2 more times with Grade 5 paper. Then it's ready to finish in machine.

Pull from machine, let dry or vac on mat until you have a solid. Ball it all up and just play with it like playdoh.
You may have to heat it to 120F or so to soften the shatter so that it will bend and twist instead of snapping like glass. If you play with it long enough, it will begin to nucleate (butter up). Heat, agitation, and vacuum (agitation) speed this up.
I took a 30 day retirement from CANNABIS?
Death became near?
Grimm Reaper Style like Steven KING novel!
I ordered a PINK colored wax pen?
Got it today LIGHT PURPLE? (Reminds me of a TR-6 magenta)
Just a color?
Dutch TREAT is strong 2 - me?
Flavor is kine artificial!
MARKETING is f^cked up or pop culture?
Honestly will be fantastic when it is back in style!

I finally finished the 2 bowls pictured above, the Motar got 19 good puffs, 3 or 4 whispy, then none, the taste was good until the end.
The Sai got 14 good hits, 3 or 4 whispy, then none, the taste was good to the end.

Both tasted good and were fun to use and I actually used the Motar glass crack pipe on the Sai and it helped a lot with the coughs, maybe having to toke on a weird angle when using the Sai native mouthpiece to keep the oil level.

The Motar is also faster to heat up and I was able to use a 4mm Boro Comet DNail gave me in the Motar and slowly tilt the unit around while drawing to see the ball going around and vaping everything more equally, it seemed to stop the rosin 'climbing the walls' as much too.
The Motar quartz was also easier to boil off clean due to the greater sidewall height (unless you like torching or have an ultrasonic cleaner, good for removable Sai bucket, it would kill the Motar I think?).

So, hard to go past the Motar for the small investment, even if you own a Sai, even if just for the glass crack pipe but the Sai will be better to carry and use standing up with it helps with the crookneck coughing problem.
I just wished the Sai spare coils were not so expensive, even without shipping costs to down under.

On another subject, do not use the early link I posted for the Vapmod Stoner-X from urvapin.com

They have no stock and are now trying to get me to buy some other shit...PayPal might have to fix, I will give them a couple of days before I sick the dogs onto 'em, oh well.

Last edited:
Got my package today, of course rural living it's always late.

Longmada crystal on istick pico
20190930_192443.jpg

Longmada quarta on istick amnis
20190930_192323.jpg

I haven't tried either yet, wanted to show the pictures first. I expect the quarta is going to perform very similar to the motar, it's a smaller bowl but has that dome in the center keeping the oil along the edge of the dish. The crystal is a bit wider and takes more power than the istick amnis can provide so it's on the istick pico. The quarta setup is tiny! Close to pen size. Thinking this is my new discreet toker.

Comparisons
20190930_192505.jpg

Got my package today, of course rural living it's always late.

Longmada crystal on istick pico
View attachment 13467

Longmada quarta on istick amnis
View attachment 13466
I haven't tried either yet, wanted to show the pictures first. I expect the quarta is going to perform very similar to the motar, it's a smaller bowl but has that dome in the center keeping the oil along the edge of the dish. The crystal is a bit wider and takes more power than the istick amnis can provide so it's on the istick pico. The quarta setup is tiny! Close to pen size. Thinking this is my new discreet toker.

Comparisons
View attachment 13468
I like the look of these too
Be keen on the review

Fasttech has a 15% off storewide discount for tody...code...GOLD15
Tomorrow it drops to 10% for the rest of the Chinese holiday...code...GOLD10
Good time to grab a Motar and a Crystal, I nearly grabbed that bling 100w PICO, but I do not need bling, a 2x18650 mod would be handy though, quick shop time before the 15% runs out!
I like the look of this for a 2x18650,
1569901769984.png

I just ordered this and a spare Motar for AU$60...cheap fun.

Last edited:
Fasttech has a 15% off storewide discount for tody...code...GOLD15
Tomorrow it drops to 10% for the rest of the Chinese holiday...cade...GOLD10
Good time to grab a Motar and a Crystal, I nearly grabbed that bling 100w PICO, but I do not need bling, a 2x18650 mod would be handy though, quick shop time before the 15% runs out!
I like the look of this for a 2x18650,
View attachment 13477
I just ordered this and a spare Motar for AU$60...cheap fun.
Is this a legit site or ko?
Just reading some comments on items and they are confusing

EDIT
Also what is the main difference between these two?

Considering a purchase at the cheap price
And why that mod box @LesPlenty over some others in the list

Sorry for my noob questions ppl

Last edited:
And why that mod box @LesPlenty over some others in the list
I already have 2x single 18650 powered Picos, 1x75w and 1x85w, the latest one runs on 2x 18650w and is rated to 220w(enough to hopefully comfortably run the new M22 Sic energized cup atty, apparently the one they are going to eventually offer will be close to US$150, just for the mod!))
It will also run for longer powering the other attys I have/am getting.
I have not thought of trying a multi purpose atty like the one you posted @felvapes, one you posted is concentrate only, the other concentrate and dry herb.
Fasttech are great to deal with, you can upgrade the free freight by spending less than a dollar extra and get the items in 20 days max instead of the usual 30+ for China.
They even emailed me pictures of my packed item ready for the courier with the shipping info label to be seen in the picture plus reaffirmed in the email.
They have been around for a while and I have only heard negatives about them being slow(they are actually on par or better than most DHGate sellers in the speed department).
My Quarta and Crystal are stuck in Melbourne as I type,

All legit, I just received my Crystal looks good, feedback tomorrow after some testing.

There are many options to choose from, even 3x 18650 but they looked a bit bulky for me.
At least with the Eleaf iStick Pico25 85w (and75w) are both well known and used so getting help with using them is easy...the one I have;

So i have a crystal and a quarta in my cart

Should I buy spare coils at the same time
And is somebody able to show me the correct coils for these two

I am having difficulties trying to determine the correct ones for those two units

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back