Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What The Hell Are You Listening To?

I don't know a lot about her but everything I've heard I love... I got turned on to her by the (most excellent) Concert for George bluray. She is absolutely STUNNING in every way! YouPube only has 1 minute clips available but the whole show is available here... her performance starts after her father's introduction about 6:30 in:

But of course I didn't actually watch this (again for like the 50th time)... whilst searching YouPube, I happened upon this WONDERFUL show and POOF, there goes another hour! :love:

Ravi & Anoushka Shankar

Thanks again, @FabulatorPoeta!

Thank you @Bologna for these great references. Time does litterally fly away when you listen to this type of music, at least for me.

I have seen her only once in concert with a few other musicians, the treat of a lifetime ! Below the program of the show I attended in 2019.

Last edited:
Pretty cool 90's Bahston (Cambridge really) 'House' band we would see all the time at this great little neighborhood restaurant. We 'knew' and hung out with a bunch of musicians in that music scene back then... so much fun, man, the 90's were awesome... I miss 'em so much...:

Morphine - Honey white (video) <<--Wiki band info
/

Apparently he (Mark Sandman) had what I picture to be one of the most dramatic rock & roll deaths of all time... Falling back on his bass amp mid song clutching his heart having a massive coronary on stage in Italy... His 'popularity' came rather late in life and his death came early....

And I'm not sure why, but I often like to back that Morphine track up with this Junior Brown number:

Junior Brown "Highway Patrol" ‌‌ - Bohemia Afterdark

Last edited:
I have seen her only once in concert with a few other musicians, the treat of a lifetime ! Below the program of the show I attended in 2019.
I saw Ravi in concert in a near acoustically perfect symphony hall. Him and a drummer, it was transcendental :)
Colin James - Just Came Back
So good, Colin is a force of nature. I've seen him live probably close to 10 times? Also in another time and place far far away he was the warm up band for the group I was in. We spent the afternoon chillin in our bus. He was is a sweet kid and a monster musician.

First post to this thread, The legendary Georgian soup, kharcho

I got this when it was reissued... Bonded like few had before and made me fully realize and accept 'hardbop' will (maybe) always be my preferred period.

Almost 2 hours of pure joy and wonderment:

3 Blind Mice - Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers - Vol. 1 & 2 - (Full 1990 Reissue) <-album info!

('Blue Moon' was the first jazz standard I 'learned' on my first guitar, a cheapo Ovation Matrix (pre-Guild days)... inversions, baby!)

edit: checkout the interplay @ 57:00 in.... :love: and then the 'Salt Peanuts' ref a few minutes later during the trombone solo! LOVE IT!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back