Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Which portable to buy for a beginner

Skwobly... I LOVE That word!

I find using small mouth pulls rather than inhaling directly into my lungs makes all the difference. My lungs are very sensitive and often twitchy, but I don't cough. I take small tokes which I first draw into my mouth, similar to drawing liquids into my mouth through a straw, before inhaling the vapor along with fresh air. Easy does it wins the race.
1602994340195.png

Mouthpulls are great for Dynavaps and other restrictive vapes but are pretty well useless for convection vapes like the Plenty, Ghost, WoodScents when not overpacked and I would say vapes like the Vleaf Go, IO etc would be the same. :twocents:
My Plenty can make me cough up a lung if I am not careful but it is worth the risk.:nut:

I think i been going wrong with the temps, i been giving my beginners the same hits that i would want, huge single extractions..

Went back to basics... an eq bag at 170 (@ddave of course), then the light airy vapor though the d020-d...
This worked, little to no irritation, and a 4 hour high. Perfect.. kinda made me wonder if i should lower my temps....

That is a great choice for your mum. I like to use my WoodScents long glass stem in place of the short glass one with my Edge.

Well it came I was able to take it for a little test drive. I like it. It's simple and easy to use and very smooth. That's exactly what I was looking for. Now let's hope it's what she is looking for.
What temps do reccomend?
Thank you
I'm so glad you like it! Here's hoping mom does as well. :smile:

I use the F2 at 395°F. But fiddle around with the temps and see which you prefer. It's all so subjective.

forgot about this thread, and once again we are in a position to help our fellow combustors to switch over to a healthier alternative, torn between offering a log vape vs a Dynavap with an Induction heater. anyone have any input on this? battery conduction vapes for noobs I'm not sure about any thoughts are welcome.

forgot about this thread, and once again we are in a position to help our fellow combustors to switch over to a healthier alternative, torn between offering a log vape vs a Dynavap with an Induction heater. anyone have any input on this? battery conduction vapes for noobs I'm not sure about any thoughts are welcome.
i have yet to buy my first induction heater.. :(
but if i could start my vaping career all over, i think id have to get started with a dynavap. i imagine nothing could beat it just for a sense of familiarity. coming from joints at least. while other vapes can sort of do it as well, it is the only vaporiser that i occasionally like to use for mouth to lung pulls. i always found the torch off putting (until i got used to using one), but if IH are easy enough to use (never tried) i think this should be a winning combo.

my log is my favourite vape, b/c of a) taste & b) the ritual of using it (c - efficiency is also nice). taste will be better in a dynavap compared to combusting (and always good to leave room for improvement i think). as far as the ritual goes - i think i like it b/c it is so unique, but it is also a little involved, like learning a new skill, this may or may not be a motivation. if aesthetics play a big part this could fall either way i think. clearly logs are beautiful. but there are also beautiful dynastems (as you know). in any case, the aesthetics of smoking a joint seem closer to a dynavap than a log.

woodscents of course could be a handy package of both!

my first vape was a mighty, and it is so easy to use i think that is an easy recommendation too. i know the mighty is divisive at this point, but it really seems foolproof and provides easy vapor with decent taste.

if i could start my vaping career all over, i think id have to get started with a dynavap. i imagine nothing could beat it just for a sense of familiarity. coming from joints at least.
I agree completely. While not every person that I've introduced to vaping with a Dynavap has been successful, I have had quite a few wins. The joint like experience is the most positive note while the heating process involving twirling has been either a no brainer for some while others have had and continue to have difficulty with the dexterity it requires. A Vapcap along with an IH would almost certainly be a positive experience for most first timers looking to move away from combustion and into the vaping arena.

i have yet to buy my first induction heater.. :(
but if i could start my vaping career all over, i think id have to get started with a dynavap. i imagine nothing could beat it just for a sense of familiarity. coming from joints at least. while other vapes can sort of do it as well, it is the only vaporiser that i occasionally like to use for mouth to lung pulls. i always found the torch off putting (until i got used to using one), but if IH are easy enough to use (never tried) i think this should be a winning combo.

my log is my favourite vape, b/c of a) taste & b) the ritual of using it (c - efficiency is also nice). taste will be better in a dynavap compared to combusting (and always good to leave room for improvement i think). as far as the ritual goes - i think i like it b/c it is so unique, but it is also a little involved, like learning a new skill, this may or may not be a motivation. if aesthetics play a big part this could fall either way i think. clearly logs are beautiful. but there are also beautiful dynastems (as you know). in any case, the aesthetics of smoking a joint seem closer to a dynavap than a log.

woodscents of course could be a handy package of both!

my first vape was a mighty, and it is so easy to use i think that is an easy recommendation too. i know the mighty is divisive at this point, but it really seems foolproof and provides easy vapor with decent taste.

I agree
Mighty was my first portable

Despite owning a mighty I do have reservations about the plastic
The plastic and aluminum to be honest
I use it sparingly and will probably get another portable flower vape or just rely on a cart
Don't really get high much outside my house but a lot of folks do

How is the smell of a Solo II?
I slip the Gr8 into a money clip with some cards and cash and nobody notices
Big flash of brass if they are wanding you at an event
They don't want to turn business away

well managed to convert a combustor with a Dyna and IH, ( and a bottle of Ice Dragon tinc :smilie-devil:) seems the logical route, school has begun so to speak and the teacher has given a lesson, to be continued..
great deal for noobs right now

@im not a robot agreed on all counts great input :cheers:

@bulllee Hear loads of positive feedback by users with ARizer products, while personally never had one. maybe one day?

@Tincandtoke agreed, sold mine first month after purchase, wasn't for me.

Either Solo OG or the Solo 2 is what I always suggest for a begiinning vaporist. Also a smooth tasting weed, nothing too harsh. Something like Durban Poison might be harsh. A Blue Dream or a GrapeApe flower bud.

The Solo is a well made product by Arizer a Canadian company. It’s easy to use and maintain. Arizer has been around for 15 yrs at least.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back