Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

You are thinking a steel cup jock @-dab8- :wink:. I need a couple of new pairs of thongs for summer myself though. @Ed's TnT will know what I mean by you have good ones for social events & at least one or two pairs of everyday ones :lol:.

#thonglife

I have been using the digital power supply for a little while now and have found a positive quirk. I noticed the power adjustment screw is very sensitive and that I would often have to adjust it quite often when first turned on to get it on exactly the voltage I wanted. I have since worked out if I turn the power supply on and set it to 12.5v, then wait a couple of minutes the power will slowly drop and then stabilize at 12.1-12.2 volts which is perfect for me with the Ti tip.

I would also like to update on the jump starter, it worked great with Ed`s variable power switch for about an hour before I had to keep increasing the dial to 10 to get vapor as the voltage of the jump starter keeps dropping with use. After an hour I had to plug the WS directly to keep getting vapor for about another hour, the battery pack was then down to 11.9v but said it was still 3/4 full.

Also some great news, my Houn Pine has arrived at Ed`s.:clap:I just hope it will be suitable for use/turning and I hope I can use the 10% coupon to pay for my custom job (2 days left,cheeky bugger time) I suppose I will find out soon enough.:thumbsup:

Here is what I imagine to be Ed`s safety boots;

:dog:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, hope all is well out you alls way. Has been a great last week, a busy one for sure. Got a lot done and even did something new which is always fun. Sale has been good and today being the lat day I hope you all will grab a deal while ya still can. Am almost there with the funds for the CE and hope and pray I can get a few more sales in to have enough to get this process started and finished. Not a bad time to get $30 - 40 off yall.

Gotta say yesterday was the best time had in the week. I have 4 kids and 2 step, there is not a whole lot of time or opportunities to get on on one time with any of them. My oldest and I went to the shooting range yesterday and spent almost 4 hours out there having a blast. We both were a bit rusty on the sporting clays, me more so than he.

2018-09-08_10.31.33.jpg

Hes almost 17 now, hes growing up so fast, has a GF and is not sure what he wants to do with his life. Hes not feeling college and would rather just go to work. He just did his second summer at the same water park this one as a life guard there. His first summer was working the office selling tickets and summer passes. He is building a solid rep and I have been told he is a great kid that will work his butt off even when not asked too. I would like him to go to college but if he doesnt thats fine too, I went a couple semesters and screwed off to only go to work and give it hell ever since. I just want him happy and if that does it for him then it does for me as well. We both had several good laughs out there, he told me more than twice he had a good time, I more than twice loved hearing it and so glad we did.

I did just score a big slab of golden Amboyna burl live edge and a nice chunk of red Amboyna burl live edge. These should be here next couple days and hope they are dry enough to work. Wow they are beautiful!

2018-09-03_14.02.08.jpg

2018-09-03_14.02.46.jpg

Will be fun working these in soon and will let you all know how they turn out.

As I said above there are still many great species of WoodScents left to get while sale is still active. Get a deal now!

@Vitolo You know how I do!

@Aezhenn Couldnt be soon enough right

@Stevenski Thank you bro, yes you know as well. Hey what you mean seem to have gone back, why did you leave it, wth??? Hey you can always come home any time bro, keep blowing those rips and enjoy. Bro I committed, you cant stop me, flipflopsstrong baby!

@CarolKing Yes maam thats correct and when I started offering them, glad you got in on em them and still enjoying it. I havent just yet but am working with a guy to beta some new pieces in glass for it that I hope will be very popular. Fingers crossed, pls hang in there with me.

@momofthegoons Yes it is cool we are almost there. Oh and that aint cool, I have never in my life worn cowboy boots and sure as heck not about to even with that idea ughhh. What kind of true dedicated flip flop warrior would I be to get down like that, total posser!

@-dab8- Not happening bro

@Stevenski Thank you bro, yes you know as well. Hey what you mean seem to have gone back, why did you leave it, wth??? Hey you can always come home any time bro, keep blowing those rips and enjoy. Bro I committed, you cant stop me, flipflopsstrong baby!

Some days it is just too tough to flick on the switch :dog:. Then again I had it running 24/7 from Friday til Sunday & it was rips on demand & that is not always a good thing :smoke: :shocked:.

@momofthegoons Your debowler needs a sharpen.:wave:
Ed is all paid up, he is hopefully going to get to my Huon Pine custom job this week.:biggrin:
Got a spot set up for t;
IMG_20180915_155013.jpg

Last edited:

Ed has put up some pics of my Huon Pine log, looks real nice:razz:
Mine is on the left, hit the link for more pics.

I am having a very hot & heavy relationship with my WS the last month. That huon pine piece looks beautiful Les. I bet the more you turn it over in your hands the more features you will find.

@Stevenski , Yes it has lots of features luckily, there a couple more pics of it in Eds hand in the link:thumbsup: but I did not know how to post them.

Hello everyone, has been some good days in the shop and some not so happy days as well in the shop. I got that Amboyna in and wow what a let down. The big golden slab had cracks and checks all over it front side back side side to side not cool. I asked the guy before I purchased it what was the moisture content of both pieces, he says 8-10% probably. Thats workable so I bought em. I get them both in and the golden was not cool. I get with the guy and he says well uhh you can wipe it with a wet sponge and they will disappear. Uhhhh say what, is that what I am supposed to tell my customers after they buy one from me and the unit opens up, just wipe it with a wet sponge all is good dont sweat the cracks. Nahhhh that isnt how it works. I got my money back for it and sent the slab back. I had a feeling the red might be ok but also had a feeling may not. It was covered in wax as most all burls are so I ripped it apart and all looked good til the next day when I was about to work it. The ends and sides began to open up, evidently it wasnt dry as he had said. Dont get me wrong I should have checked it with a moisture meter but mine is wrecked and he did say it was 8-10% probably. What a bust, I again get in touch with guy and he says this time uhhh burls tend to be that way and thats just the nature of it. Uhhh say what again. Guy says have you worked burl before and I was really trying not be flip out and kept it cool. I spent a bunch of dough on these couple pieces. He refunded one but not the other so it was a loss and I kept my cool as well as kicked my self in the butt for knowing I shouldnt have bought them I freaking knew better but the wood itself got the better of me and thinking of what I could make out of them was overwhelming and made me forget of the past and the lesson I learned long ago. So after all I kept my cool, only lost half my investment and lesson learned again.

So looking forward to fall yall and winter more so, yesterday the heat index was 105 here. Today is the first day of fall and is going to be another hot one here again but there is hope and a cool front is on the way. Seems next week it may be in the upper 80's woot woot are you kidding I cant wait. That and Oct. 1st is the opening day for archery season and its supposed to be in the upper 70's during the day and 50's at night and I get to spend the day in the woods hunting for fresh viddles, ohhh its so my time of the year!

Have really enjoyed my time in the shop the last week. Cleared out a lot of custom work and this weekend will be moving the rest of my list. @LesPlenty sent me a stunning piece of Huon Pine from Tasmania, thanks for the correction bro. Not sure how many of you all have seen my IG feed the last week but I did a

2018-09-20_08.35.39.jpg

Tasmanian Huon Pine / Ukranian BogOak / US Colonial Cypress

All over 1,000 years old with a combined total of over 10K years. Who else does this, where else can you get a log vape that has this much history??? The Huon Pine was a lot of fun to work and a first for me. You all know pine is a soft wood but not that soft, this piece finished so freaking nice with a bright honey tone. I didnt see it in the block Les sent me but when I began to square it I could see little burls begin to appear and wow a small knot here and there. It was a real joy to turn this species and I am hooked I cant wait to get more. This Bog Oak is a nice piece also I really like the dark black grain lines that you cant see in this pic but in hand it has some beautiful character that is captivating. Always enjoy Colonial Cypress the super tight grain lines and the sleek feel of the honey toned lines in it as well that look golden in the sun are spectacular.

Have a few Cocobolo units ready to go at my site and this is just one of them

Cocobolo_Wood_Scents_Pkg.jpg

Get a look at this stunner, its hard to capture its true beauty as well but I try hard. All of these pieces are shockers and I really wish I could show you all how freaking stunning they are in hand. As I said its available with a few others at my site if anyone is interested.

Ohhh yeah I got these in

WS_VVPS.jpg

I got my shipment of these ready to go VVPS in. They are capable of going way over 14V but do not do so while using the WS, doing so will void your warranty. I recommend when using it to stay between the 12-14, you probably wont need to go to 14 and when running this range its only for short short intervals. WS should never be left running long term at these voltages. The label is just a mock up and retail labels are being made now. I should have these available end of next week. I am thinking of $30-40 for retail price. A user here I wanna say turned me onto these, and got his below my retail so wanna head this off before it gets asked or mentioned. Yes you can go and buy these at another place or from a different seller. I test all mine before they ship and are guaranteed for 3 months after the sale. These can replace the standard WS PS, the rotary temp control and the ext. cable. It can be used with the ext. cable for extra length if you like.

@Stevenski Bro how can you say such a thing, rips on demand are always a great idea lol no matter the outcome. You are so right his Huon Pine has so many details that just cant be seen in a pic.

@momofthegoons Thanks for posting that here too. I really enjoyed doing that piece, got some time in it for sure. Was a blast no doubt.

@LesPlenty My man its been a pleasure working up this Huon Pine so far, my first time and surely want be the last. I am hooked and will be hunting more I assure you. I see you need to fill that space lol. I will be assembling your unit and will be getting it out to you next week. Really wish I would have gotten that pic of all 3 shot better. Yours is a show stopper with the tiny burls, knots here and there and even has some small stress curl in it, a treasure for time. You can kinda get a hint of the curl in the pic I posted above. Cant wait til its in hand and you get a look.

Alright yall, bout to get boys up and popping, we got gear to go through, 4 wheeeler to tune up and crossbow to shoot, good times to come!

They are bloody bright & I have to cover it most of the time but this runs from my lab power supply to my extension cord to my WS. Easy enough to make with a couple quality banana plugs soldered on the end. Cost me $10 all up at Jaycar.

Capture.JPG

An LED inside glowing would have been the best to help line up the unit with the tip on blurry nights, I don't really need a visual for it because of my vvps but you know what it can be like, tinker tinker. :thumbsup:

Ed & I were talking about that back in the beta days but he never got it to where it was ready for sale. I wonder what happened with that @Ed's TnT?

Trialing a new DC-DC digital variable voltage supply for running my WS from any dc power supply up to 24 volts DC;
IMG_20180925_172256.jpg

Works a treat, it has 2 rotary dials on the side, 1 is for large steps and the other is for precise steps. I set it at 12.1 volts and it has stayed there at that voltage without me having to adjust it as the battery voltage drops. It has stayed on 12.1v even though the battery has dropped to 12.7 after 4 hours of usage(was 13.8 straight off the charger) I will do the same experiment with my 18a/h lithium jump starter tomorrow as my Optima battery will outlast me tonight by the look of it.
It also tells you the amp draw, has a 2 amp USB outlet that also tells you the amps being used, not bad for under AU$15 delivered to your door.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-2A-L...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

@LesPlenty are you living so remote that power can be out for long periods of time? Or is this prep for the zombie apocalypse? Your walnut woodscents is gorgeous, that’s one of my favourite species when the grain is doing something interesting like yours is. I’m constantly amazed by Ed’s ability to find these exceptional blanks and then bring out the individual beauty in each. Yours is surely a stunning piece of functional design.

@Stevenski what is this Jaycar shop of which you speak? It must be an Aussie thang and I just wouldn’t understand... :biggrin:

The Cocobolo WS in Ed’s pics above is just ridiculous! I’m all like “WHAT?!” That doesn’t look like a single piece of wood! It almost looks like it’s painted or airbrushed. This is what I mean about Ed finding the primo slabs and his skills slicing them up into blanks. :thumbsup:

Just a quick stop in to let you all know the WS VVPS are live and available for purchase

Variable-Voltage-Power-Supply---Ed's-TnT-500x500.png

I will be back soon to follow up on happenings and every ones post.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back