Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

I am going to have a gamble and post it Monday and keep my fingers crossed.:ugh:

Hello everyone, hope all is well. Still awful hot down here, had a cold front blow down from the north, a few days earlier this week it was high 80's. Omgosh got out to the shop one morning and it was almost 60F, wow sure felt like fall was on its way but that didn't last long. Was just the wife and I an d our youngest last night. I got the steaks ready, she did the loaded tater skins and sauteed the onions, I did japwraps and Texas toast rrrr.

2qjzj40.jpg

b9geaw.jpg

I am getting better doing Phattnaners, @phattpiggie turned me on these a bit back. I grill the bananas for bout 20 minutes, pull a side of the skin off and pour sugar on them, hit em with a torch till caramelized then yank em from the skin putting them on a plate with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.

3096hcn.jpg

I am going to get there and one day they will look like his. I had never heard of such, grilling naners say what? Jeez they are good, kinda mixed results here at home but hey is what it is they sit well in my belly lol!

I ripped into that huge slab of Buckeye burl, cut a few blanks and made a WoodScents from one. I knew the slab still had quite a bit of moisture when my guy got it. It sat in the ware house a few months before sending it my way. I have a crummy moisture meter than I just haven't really trusted. I had to make a WS to bench test it to see if it was still somewhat wet. Buckeye being super soft dries pretty quick. I put it on the bench at max temp for 24 hours and saw no visible shrinkage. I have done a couple that were did have moisture and didn't know it and after 24 hours you can sure tell it had shrank so not seeing any in the BE was very good. I got a new load of Big Leaf Maple Burl in to, wow this stuff is freaking stunning, have a look at this new burl specie I added the other day.

33epo9k.jpg

This piece above has a burl wave, the rusty eyes really pop in this piece. So glad I have gotten more of it and will be making more soon. Turning these are really fun to turn, especially when you can see the beauty in the blank before you start then when its all done and I am applying that butter while its spinning on the lathe. I will let the wood and the rag get hot from the friction, the wood will soak it alot more and brighten up even better.

I also did a couple Hawaiian Koa and a couple Asian Black & White Ebony

o73e61.jpg

I have said it here before, this wood is notorious for worm holes and tracts. These little guys have to be some of the most determined fellas ever to work their way through this super dense wood, its crazy. These and more are available at my site.

I have found a new glass lab here in the US for WS glass. Just needed to find someone closer and to be able to speak to that person when I needed to is a big deal. Don't get me wrong I have many relationships with dealers, vendors and others all over the world I have never heard their voice but is always better when ya can. Besides, I can get my order in on a Monday and it will ship the following, just don't get much better than that when they have to make them when ordered. Will have them in hand middle of this coming week.

I have also made a great stride in the CE Cert. process, My guy and I have nailed down a company to help with this. We have finalized the cost and hopefully I can put together the rest of the funds to make this happen. Its not going to be the $10K we thought it would be at first but still isnt cheap. Would be great to have this done before the holiday season. Fingers crossed everyone!

@LesPlenty That a hella score bro, I just went and purchased a couple of them. Have and idea for it, Wow you did great with the ABV chart and I liked you said "I was getting pretty bent by the end of testing, those last 10 puffs on the glass were killer, legless bent, almost a whitey, cold sweats and all....it was great!" hahaha thats the best testing yet love it! I am anxious to get mine and see what I can do with my idea, thanks again bro! Very cool outing it looks like ya had too bro, who else does that, 2 vapes in one package? I sure hope the pine makes it. @Stevenski is right I have done other aussie burls, just finished a couple matter of fact. I got what I work years ago, I had no idea there was an issue with customs for this. Hmm I sure hope it makes it as I am anxious to work it up, fingers crossed there as well. @Stevenski is correct also bout the moisture content, guess I will have to make one and check it on the bench bout all we can do.

@momofthegoons cross your fingers and you too @Stevenski its going to make it.

Thats it yall I gotta get orders packed and out for the week. Wish you all the best!

Those burls look very nice!
I just rolled the dice and posted a `Work Blank/Art supplies' to Ed, 1.6kg in the end (I cut each end off the blank as they had hairline cracks, bloody tough cutting compared to treated pine:thumbsup:) and postage was AU$57.65 :razz2:, fingers crossed, hope it gets there.:thumbsup:
Huon Pine really does smell fantastic and can be used instead of moth balls in your cupboard to keep pests at bay.
I have noticed Huon Pine shavings in sandwich bags for sale at tourist traps that sell for AU$10 each:disgust:

Alright you all in an effort to be completely transparent, honest and upfront I have to tell you all that WS prices have gone up slightly. Some have gone higher than others. This is all due to USPS and their inability to deliver packages I have shipped. For the longest time I did not charge shipping and that was cool for all but earlier this year I had to begin due to crazy high costs on my end. The first 10 years I was sending out stems here and there and when USPS did lose a package but wasn't often the cost for me to replace that item wasn't much. But within the last 2 months they have caused me to lose almost $1000, it isn't just stems anymore and I cannot afford to replace a lost item as often as they lose them. At the cost of domestic shipping I am still paying some of it myself to ship WS and now to have to add insurance to each and every WS pkg would cost me even more. It’s just not feasible and hope you all understand.

@LesPlenty I so hope it makes it, fingers crossed. Believe me this shipping thing is crazy, I just sent out a small package of short boards at 3.5lbs at 8"L x 6" wrapped in cardboard cost me freaking $40 to cananda, thats just up the road a bit and over the border jeez. It aint like its going over water or round the world to grandmas house ughh. I am hangin in there with ya.

If/when it arrives, keep the shavings and put them in a small hessian bag and hang in your wardrobe with your clothes to keep them pest and odour free,
https://linii.com.au/product/70gm-huon-pine-wardrobe-pouch/

Check out their other items, I did not know there were so many uses!

Quote from their site;
Huon Pine contains a naturally occurring ingredient that gives the timber its unique smell, preservative and repellent qualities. Huon Pine is designed to repel mites, silverfish, moths and fleas. It will not kill them, nor will it remove an infestation. Huon Pine will keep an area free of these pests, discouraging them to nest in the same area. It works in the same manner as a traditional moth ball without the terrible smell.

Good morning @LesPlenty bro I am getting even more excited to work this piece, this is going to be a lot of fun.

A quick update on the new power supply I am using, it does not seem to be working very hard to keep up with Ed`s WS, I have been tracking it`s temperature with an infra red thermometer and it stays consistently 15 degrees C warmer than ambient temperatures, right up to 13.2 volts.
I will report back after more testing.:science:

I have found a use for my old power supply;
IMG_20180831_190736.jpg

All set for camping! The WS is sitting on my 12v 18AH LI-Po Jump starter/power bank (I also charge my laptop, run a compressor fridge and more. The direct out DC sits right on 12.5v and with Ed`s original power supply plugged straight in I can get 12.3v at the lowest setting, about the same as Ed`s normal 10 on the dial, I usually sit on 12.2-12.4v with my digital variable power supply, so perfect for me.:thumbsup:
I have used a white paint pen to mark Ed`s unit to make it easier to see your settings, works well.

Hello everyone, have been working my butt off as always. I have a bunch of WS stunners turned and ready for assembly. I will start that in the next day or so and will be listing them available first of the week, there are a few done and ready to go. Will be adding a new specie and bringing back a couple that I havent done in a while.

You all know how long I have been working on getting the CE Cert. for the WS and as I said am almost there I just need to raise a few more funds to have enough to get paid up and make it happen. So that being said I am going to run a sale starting Tuesday next week offering a 10% discount site wide. I will have more info on this before then and explain how to get a deal.

@LesPlenty Really appreciate you letting us know how that new PS you have gotten in is working for you and cool to see what you have done with the old one. Keep it coming bro!

Got that info for you all

fu2eyq.jpg

The sale is site wide, use code cecert at checkout for 10% off.

Congratulations on being nearly there on the CE cert @Ed's TnT. I know how long you have been trying to get it all sorted & once Europe is opened up it will be a whole new world out there for the Wood Scents. I seem to have gone back to my WS being a daily these days. It just gives me the biggest rips (or at least enough for my lungs to handle).

Now the whole world will experience the wonders of the Woodscents. Mine is still going strong after a year and a half. . I believe that Ed started selling the WS end of Feb or March 2017.

@Ed’s TnT did you ever find a solution for a glass stem that fits on top of the heater core? I would like one that doesn’t need to be held in place.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back