Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Law Australia

Strip searching KIDS again

Also gotta love the way they ignore the experts in their own report and investigation into harm reduction and effectiveness and what saves lives and Gov money besides the public safety.......

- Current gov in power - "we want to alleviate the impact of drugs in society to help individuals and families"

- Runs a report, gets results of their own report from experts they hired suggesting they make changes

- Also current gov - "no, no not like that, we want to do it how we have been"

Show us ya Gooch kiddies.....

Screenshot_20200228-121704.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-121727.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-121748.jpg
Screenshot_20200228-121819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cunt of a place...no wonder I can't wait to give up wasting air around here...

Our premier won't shut down schools to prevent corona spreading
Supposedly we are meant to keep 1.5m away from other people
But police are okay to risk spreading disease while once again in a crisis focusing on the wrong part of the issue

Instead of wasting resources doing this shit they could be at supermarkets stopping greedy bogans punch on and buy out all the food and toilet paper which is going to leave the poor and elderly with nothing
In a country where we produce nearly 4 times the goods we need people are emptying shelves before they can be replenished - idiots

Disgusting behaviour from people and the police

Screenshot_20200319-163323.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-163346.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-163359.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-163418~2.png
Screenshot_20200319-163503.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-163530.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-163543.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-163602.jpg

Man, this is depressing stuff, thank golly Miss Molley these poor hounds aren't working the same way down here...poor pooches

Wow, so they take most guns away from AUS and in some statements of policy that I have seen I gathered that the current government views itself as what we would call "liberal" here....but they don't seem to mind implementing the MJ police terrorist state??

Wow, just wow.

The current government is what I view as ultra conservative broderline fascist Baron.

To put this in perspective there are over 16000 active duty police in NSW. Very few are staking out train stations hunting cannabis users like some make out. They are looking for meth & it is no coincidence the places listed above have significant meth issues.

This is the reality of being caught with small amounts of cannabis here. That also includes if the police can actually be bothered doing more than "confiscating" it for disposal & sending you on your way with a talking to.

Screenshot_20200321-120748_Chrome.jpg

Pity the police don't hand out warnings except to those they align with

If you are caught more than once the police have to charge you so what a croc when they are overpolicing and out in abundance with sniffer dogs

Been through this years ago myself before the current day blitz

Pity they are some of the biggest ice dealers in NSW- yes the have personally witnessed this in a numbers of different places around the state

Pity they are strip searching CHILDREN and still using sniffer dogs during a pandemic

Pity the MDT only test for meth and weed

Even though cocaine is one of the most prevalent drugs in the state

But why would you test for heroin and coke when it is used by the elite and their children

More coke found on parliament house toilet cisterns than on popular nightclubs
Heroin chic is a thing that rich kids are getting into

C'mon now

Does anyone here believe that your police where ever you are follow guidelines and bits of screenshot properly from a lawyer's page?

You post much of the same from over there @baron
It's not what "some people" make out it is modus operandi
As for a gov being liberal - not here and not in the current climate
The word liberal gov here is a party and they are conservative, very far from liberal thinkers
Confusing language to outsiders I'm sure

It's happening
And there's proof if people wish to take the blinders off

We have a person in government at the moment that has said borderline nazi comments - and his grandaddy was an actual active nazi soldier - not just one who went through the motions to stay alive either

You are lucky down there @LesPlenty
Even from corona you are more isolated haha

When people who partake in illegal activities still have views that are trying to sit on the fence it's a lost cause

Shit speaking on Nazis gotta love the way their fence sitters helped out

Or the recent terrorist arrest on a rightwing Nazi preparing to blow up a substation here last week
And the fact ASIO have now admitted the rising groups of right wing extremists in this country as a big concern to them

I mentioned this ages ago and got told I am making shit up

Yea keep ignoring those on the receiving end of these issues and listen to those sitting in their safe haven suburbs and houses until it is too late
Hope the fence cuts ya bums ya bums

Keep strip searching children NSW police
It's a great move
Kids are the kingpins of meth dealing aren't they
Not the ones at the top that often work directly with the police

Keep spreading that corona too NSW police
Please help us stay safe while asking kids to show us ya Gooch during a pandemic

The current government is what I view as ultra conservative broderline fascist Baron.
Ah, see...I don't really know. Like I said, I just vaguely remember some statements that made me think otherwise but I'm not up on AUS politics and its really not my place to comment on them...well, with the exception of this insane drug dog campaign. Wowser.

You post much of the same from over there @baron

Oh yes, we have atrocious cases of police MJ enforcement abuses here...Mom just posted one, complete with vid, of cops planting MJ in a car....and you can see him do it...then arrest the people who just happened to have more Melatonin in their skin than the cops. right? sigh

"Vagg told the Sydney Sunday Herald that chronic pain patients would benefit most from multidisciplinary pain management clinics that have as part of their basket pain management, physical reconditioning, biomechanics assessment, occupational therapy and evidenced-backed procedures or medicinal treatments."​
I am becoming a vindictive old SOB lately.....and I really do hope that this wanker contracts a chronic, constant pain condition at some point in his life and see how that occupational therapy works out for him as they addict him to opioids.

Yeah, that's the ticket....."evidenced-backed procedures or medicinal treatments".....uh, like Fentanyl patches...maybe? :BangHead: :BangHead::BangHead:

Australian docs advised not to prescribe medical cannabis for chronic pain

Australia’s leading pain advisory body has a recommendation for doctors in the country: Don’t use medicinal cannabis to treat chronic pain.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, despite the approval of the 100,000th cannabinoid script in the country, the Faculty of Pain Medicine at the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) is advising doctors to hold tight.

“Do not prescribe currently available medicinal cannabis products to treat chronic non-cancer pain unless part of a registered clinical trial,” notes the recommendation posted on Choosing Wisely, a health educational campaign.

Emphasizing there is “a critical lack of evidence that it provides a consistent benefit for any type of chronic non-cancer pain,” ANZCA points out the lion’s share of special access scheme approvals (more than 90 per cent) “have been for chronic pain of various types.”

Beyond the lack of evidence regarding effectiveness, though, is the evidence that potential harms exist, “particularly in relation to sedative effects, interactions with other medications and neuropsychiatric effects” for products containing THC, the recommendation states.

What’s really needed, the group argues, is “evidence from gold-standard studies that prove cannabinoid products effectively treat these patients’ suffering,” the Sydney Morning Herald reports.

Professor Michael Vagg, dean of ANZCA’s pain medicine faculty, wrote this week in The Conversation, that both the International Association for the Study of Pain and ANZCA “recommended against medicinal cannabis for people suffering persistent non-cancer pain.”

While some may regard the recommendations as controversial, Vagg noted some misconceptions persist around marijuana’s effectiveness when it comes to chronic pain.

“There isn’t a single published randomized controlled trial of a CBD-only product for chronic pain of any type,” Vagg wrote. That is key for Australia, given that the country often allows CBD-only medicinal marijuana products.
Australia allows CBD-only medicinal marijuana products. /

Australia allows CBD-only medicinal marijuana products. / PHOTO BY HIGH GRADE ROOTS/GETTY IMAGES /Getty Images/iStockphoto

As for study results around THC-containing products and pain, “clinical trials don’t give a reliable picture one way or the other because they involve too few participants, have major technical flaws in design, or have been judged to have an unacceptably high risk of producing biased results,” Vagg pointed out.

He also pushed back on the idea that medical cannabis may help ease the opioid crisis.

A study out of the University of New Mexico, published in 2017, found the association between “medical cannabis program enrollment and opioid prescription cessation and reductions and improved quality of life warrants further investigations on cannabis as a potential alternative to prescription opioids for treating chronic pain.”
Among others, another study published in 2017 cited “preliminary evidence that patients with chronic pain using cannabis may benefit from an interdisciplinary chronic pain program.”

Vagg’s advice? “People wanting an alternative to opioid treatment for persistent pain will do best if they seek out treatment from a professional team of experts, rather than substituting cannabis for opioids,” he wrote in The Conversation.

Evidence of medicinal marijuana’s effectiveness when it comes to relieving chemotherapy-induced nausea or treating childhood epilepsy seem more convincing than for persistent pain, he suggested.
To date, about 64,000 patients have been prescribed cannabis-related substances by 2,500 prescribers. /

To date, about 64,000 patients have been prescribed cannabis-related substances by 2,500 prescribers. / PHOTO BY GETTY IMAGES

Still, the Sydney Morning Herald reports that the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is allowing doctors to apply for special access to prescribe medical cannabis products, suggesting the substances should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Iain McGregor, academic director of the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics at the University of Sydney, acknowledged that evidence is still developing, the paper reports. Nonetheless, McGregor pointed out: “This is a galloping horse heading off into the future with lots of patients already being prescribed medicinal cannabinoids and even more self-medicating.”

To date, about 64,000 patients have been prescribed cannabis-related substances by 2,500 prescribers, the paper quotes TGA boss Professor John Skerritt as reporting. Most applications were for chronic pain, including related to arthritis, neck or back pain, fibromyalgia and migraines.

Vagg told the Sydney Sunday Herald that chronic pain patients would benefit most from multidisciplinary pain management clinics that have as part of their basket pain management, physical reconditioning, biomechanics assessment, occupational therapy and evidenced-backed procedures or medicinal treatments.

Medicinal Cannabis Industry Australia has established an advisory council to, among other things, “facilitate improved patient access supported by evidence-based decision-making and a community of appropriately trained physicians.”

“Given its promising results in animal models, along with its relative safety, non-psychoactive properties, and low potential for abuse, CBD is an attractive candidate to relieve pain,” notes a blog by the Harvard Medical School.

“Unfortunately, there is a lack of human studies about the effectiveness of CBD,” the information adds.

I used to think that AUS was the last bastion of libertarian individualism....you know, old penal colony and all.....but between the gun laws and drug laws, I'm afraid that I'm wrong or that it is just no longer the case. As is true of much of our cherished notions about American individualism.....its very sadly going by the wayside, IMO.

Drug Free Australia Says Cannabis Turns “Violence And Aggression Into Homicide”

Safe to say, the comments have no sources or scientific backing to support them. - by Jessica Campbell

The debate surrounding the legalisation of cannabis has always been one prone to fiery debate and controversy and given the nature of drugs to divide social opinion, the path to decriminalise cannabis here in Australia has been rife with obstacles. While American states have led the way in making cannabis-related products available to the public and change the deeply entrenched stigmas surrounding the drug, Australia has been much slower to adopt such changes. But while the ACT has since decriminalised cannabis, the quest to do so in Victoria has now seen an interesting (yet bizarre) argument come forward from Drug Free Australia.

In order to decriminalise cannabis, the state of Victoria has formed a committee to look into the use of the drug throughout the state. Part of their duties include accepting written submissions from the public and other submissions made during public hearings, along with conducting their own research. At a recent hearing, a submission put forward by research director of Drug Free Australia, Gary Christian, proved particularly problematic and controversial, playing into the fear-mongering that has surrounded the debate around cannabis as he suggested it turns violence into homicide.

Some of the astonishing claims made by Drug Free Australia include that cannabis can result in violence and aggression, ‘particularly inter-personal and domestic violence.’ Christian claimed, “A lot of the violence and aggression actually turns into homicide. This is a world-wide known phenomenon about cannabis. They kill the people that are closest to them.”
Christian claimed that weed users are also 16 times more likely to be involved in a traffic accident and boldly asserted that cannabis can cause autism, claims that also were not supported with any evidence to suggest as much.
It’s important to note that the claims made by Christian are not substantiated nor supported with relevant sources or research. He did not even draw on a study to back the claims. As many have been quick to note, though there has been no correlation to cannabis and violence, alcohol has been found to have a clear link with domestic violence and death, with numerous studies citing as much.
The World Health Organisation explained, “Alcohol consumption, especially at harmful and hazardous levels is a major contributor to the occurrence of intimate partner violence and links between the two are manifold.”
For more details on the submission and the issues surrounding Christian’s claims, watch the breakdown here.

Canberra was decriminalised for years
Went legal a year ago

The article I posted above has the actual results regarding accidents etc since legalisation

There are numerous tiny parties in Ausland that never have a big following and don't gain much traction
They aren't experts and are not in government

Not that our government is very progressive either

We have pretty good gun laws here...background checks and a short course to make sure you are safe to properly operate a firearm, all pretty sensible stuff.
No semi autos or handguns except for where needed (sport club shooters, pro roo shooters farmers etc)
The only gun law I don't like is that semi auto rimfires were bundled in with all the assault rifles that got banned as these were great for bunny busting.

The only gun law I don't like
Well, you see....there is the rub....everybody has their own idea of WTF sensible stuff is...wrt to a lot of things.

Cheers

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back