Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Automotive Thread

Miss my old ford Fairlane 1976 model with a 351 Cleveland V8 engine
Was fully reconditioned, chromed engine, acid dipped pistons and heads
Compression so tight you couldn't turn it by fan without a socket on it
I have no digital pics of it to share
See what I can come up with at some point

Man the power it had, had to be careful in the wet...love old muscle cars
More character in the body shape for me pre 80s
And I can tune the carby by hand or drive it home via the cable by hand if needs be etc
Computers are great in a car while working, once the chip blows ya stuffed though
And that old V8 petrol smell was something to love too

Here's a pic of a similar one to mine
But I had ltd light covers that you would press a button and the compressor working off vacuum would open the covers that flapped over the headlights
Made it look slick

View attachment 13125

My current car is a Chinese 4x4
Great Wall
And it's going strong now nearly 6months
Crawls through mud and sand no issues at all
Off roads with the best of them
Towed a trailer with a ton of wood in it, towed my mates double racing go kart trailer and gear no issues
My old man has one and towed my wide body Camry (yea I've owned toyboatas too, Tarago, Camry, Hilux) I had on a car trailer down the highway
I get 6-700km a tank and if put on gas like my Dad has it's even better with little to no power loss
So far bloody impressed
Cost me $5000 (AUD) with 49,000 km on the clock
That's bloody cheap compared to known brands - with those KMs if be paying 10-30,000$ second hand

Here's a pic of another person doing Fraser island with no issues to report...
Also pretty stock setup

View attachment 13124

Then there's the over priced competition just feeding me with reasons to be happy with my choice
I've posted elsewhere the Toyota having a class action and recall on the diesel filters
It is killing the environment and costing a buttload at the pump for drivers
Also they are getting fines from police because of the shit pouring out the exhaust and Toyota the company has said live with it they aren't fixing them

They also had around ten years ago a recall for faulty brakes

About a year or two ago they had a recall for faulty air bags
People sent them in to be fixed

Now, we have a new and current recall for the same airbags - so they can fix the fix they did recently....feckin crazy or what.....

Oh what a feeling..... toyboata .....

Seems Toyota fuck their customers like they do their cleaners having them outsourced and on a contract with no workers rights or union

Any of this information is researchable and from multiple reliable sources that the interwebs will assist you in
You can even find the news source of choice that makes you comfortable with your points of view on life and still get the same info :)

Oh and Great wall just dropped advertising with Allen Jones too on the radio station that has been caught for cash for comment advertising numerous times and other extremely bias reporting
Another great move from GW

So far I'm loving my Chinese four wheel drive whilst I vape with my Chinese bongs ;)

Have to say, I buy my vapes legit from the company's though
No knockoff vapes for my lungs thanks

PS love that green/purple colour @I'm Ron Burgundy?
I've had that on a phone cover before and wanted it on a car myself
ENGLISH car’s like JAGUAR, TR6, RANGE ROVER & some other’s I had!
Italian cars like FERRARIS I drove in while my friend’s liked them?
Germany make’s PORCHE and some other’s?

MUSCLE CAR’S were custom creation’s!
CALIFORNIA was one STATE for that kind of CULTURE when the DREAM was alive?
AUSTRALIA has the ENVIRONMENT 2-B the next DREAM!

BMW’s are cheaper than a FORD?
So BMW’s are the Best Buy near where I live?
Most of my MATES drive RANGE ROVER’S however the garage repair’s are too high for me!

GASOLINE is very high in price so ELECTRIC powered car’s are coming into the global market!
Think of our kid’s?

Last edited:
ENGLISH car’s like JAGUAR, TR6, RANGE ROVER & some other’s I had!
Italian cars like FERRARIS I drove in while my friend’s liked them?
Germany make’s PORCHE and some other’s?

MUSCLE CAR’S was custom creation’s!
CALIFORNIA was one STATE for that kind of CULTURE when the DREAM was alive?
AUSTRALIA has the ENVIRONMENT 2-B the next DREAM!
Jaguar and range rover are now owned by Tata (Indian) and also have a 50/50 company with Chery (Chinese) to make them
Ford owned them for a while too

I like old muscle cars
They cost a lot in petrol to run though.....

Jaguar and range rover are now owned by Tata (Indian) and also have a 50/50 company with Chery (Chinese) to make them
Ford owned them for a while too

I like old muscle cars
They cost a lot in petrol to run though.....
GAS was .20$ when the MUSCLE car’s were the CAT’S MEOW back n’ da daze!
CHALLENGER, CHEVELLE, CAMERO, MUSTANG, BARACUDA, THUNDERBIRD TEE-TOP is what we raced!
EASY RIDER before MAD MAX
JOHN LENNON B-4 JIMMY PAIGE
Fun 2-go fast with loud music?

I also had one of these back in the daze... Fast 340 engine combined with a short wheel base made it a donut machine, until it went through the front of a pawn shop window one dark, rainy 0400 sundaymorning... In my defence I was on my way to church. Probably.
maxresdefault-3.jpg

I also had one of these back in the daze... Fast 340 engine combined with a short wheel base made it a donut machine, until it went through the front of a pawn shop window one dark, rainy 0400 sundaymorning... In my defence I was on my way to church. Probably.
View attachment 13144
Car’s the love affair of HOMO SAPIEN’S!
LED ZEPPELIN loud!
Hotboxing COLAS down the 405 FWY back in da daze during a dream.
No traffic?
DREAMS R gone now?
65 MUSTANG was a fun car in my youth B-4 SUGAR MOUNTAIN.
MAUI WOWIE over done MY WAY!

Last edited:
Miss my old ford Fairlane 1976 model with a 351 Cleveland V8 engine
Was fully reconditioned, chromed engine, acid dipped pistons and heads
Compression so tight you couldn't turn it by fan without a socket on it
I have no digital pics of it to share
See what I can come up with at some point

Man the power it had, had to be careful in the wet...love old muscle cars
More character in the body shape for me pre 80s
And I can tune the carby by hand or drive it home via the cable by hand if needs be etc
Computers are great in a car while working, once the chip blows ya stuffed though
And that old V8 petrol smell was something to love too

Here's a pic of a similar one to mine
But I had ltd light covers that you would press a button and the compressor working off vacuum would open the covers that flapped over the headlights
Made it look slick

View attachment 13125

My current car is a Chinese 4x4
Great Wall
And it's going strong now nearly 6months
Crawls through mud and sand no issues at all
Off roads with the best of them
Towed a trailer with a ton of wood in it, towed my mates double racing go kart trailer and gear no issues
My old man has one and towed my wide body Camry (yea I've owned toyboatas too, Tarago, Camry, Hilux) I had on a car trailer down the highway
I get 6-700km a tank and if put on gas like my Dad has it's even better with little to no power loss
So far bloody impressed
Cost me $5000 (AUD) with 49,000 km on the clock
That's bloody cheap compared to known brands - with those KMs if be paying 10-30,000$ second hand

Here's a pic of another person doing Fraser island with no issues to report...
Also pretty stock setup

View attachment 13124

Then there's the over priced competition just feeding me with reasons to be happy with my choice
I've posted elsewhere the Toyota having a class action and recall on the diesel filters
It is killing the environment and costing a buttload at the pump for drivers
Also they are getting fines from police because of the shit pouring out the exhaust and Toyota the company has said live with it they aren't fixing them

They also had around ten years ago a recall for faulty brakes

About a year or two ago they had a recall for faulty air bags
People sent them in to be fixed

Now, we have a new and current recall for the same airbags - so thehy can fix the fix they did recently....feckin crazy or what.....

Oh what a feeling..... toyboata .....

Seems Toyota fuck their customers like they do their cleaners having them outsourced and on a contract with no workers rights or union

Any of this information is researchable and from multiple reliable sources that the interwebs will assist you in
You can even find the news source of choice that makes you comfortable with your points of view on life and still get the same info :)

Oh and Great wall just dropped advertising with Allen Jones too on the radio station that has been caught for cash for comment advertising numerous times and other extremely bias reporting
Another great move from GW

So far I'm loving my Chinese four wheel drive whilst I vape with my Chinese bongs ;)

Have to say, I buy my vapes legit from the company's though
No knockoff vapes for my lungs thanks

PS love that green/purple colour @I'm Ron Burgundy?
I've had that on a phone cover before and wanted it on a car myself
My brother had a TOYOTA truck he put way over 300,000 miles on it in 5 years.
So a bought a Blue one that was stolen?
Back to a FORD F150 to replace it!
The TOYOTA was good on gas?
The Ford was a nice ride but used more gas!
1980’s 83 I believe?
White was are Color!
Gas was not a issue at the time?
I have been looking at TESLA to buy next?
My wife has a new BMW with all the toy’s!

Last edited:
great torque on these cars, we should of been off combustion 100 years ago if Nikola didn't get screwed.
Gas was cheap at one point?
Expensive and messing with the climate?
Tesla car will be less expensive to maintain?
TESLA has decent design’s!
Who framed Rodger RABBIT?

BMW all ELECTRIC would be a game changer in my worthless opinion!
If they can focus?

Last edited:
Toyota is meant to be working on an electric 4x4 but it won't be ready till 2025?

Great wall has one coming out next year that is supposed to go 500km between charges
Imagine the torque and control on an electric 4x4 !!

Tata the Indian company that half owns range rover has a small town car that runs on compressed air and can get around town on one fill for a couple of days

It's just that they are making more money ATM from gas guzzling range Rovers and the likes

Much like solar power has been around for decades, but the petrol companies bought up the tech and are only starting to release it now they are heading towards running out of oil

Toyota is meant to be working on an electric 4x4 but it won't be ready till 2025?

Great wall has one coming out next year that is supposed to go 500km between charges
Imagine the torque and control on an electric 4x4 !!

Tata the Indian company that half owns range rover has a small town car that runs on compressed air and can get around town on one fill for a couple of days

It's just that they are making more money ATM from gas guzzling range Rovers and the likes

Much like solar power has been around for decades, but the petrol companies bought up the tech and are only starting to release it now they are heading towards running out of oil
My brother drive’s a new JAGUAR however tried a PRISA from TOYOTA.
He did not like the TOYOTA?
BMW impressed me and I need to show him our new wheels!
ELECTRIC POWER is da future!
FORD bought a ELECTRIC TRUCK COMPANY I will watch them?

A Tesla will run 10 second 1/4 miles all day out of the box. The tradeoff is you have a heavy car so besides a straight line they are not as enjoyable to drive with vigour. Still it is ridiculously impressive & shows how much more efficient than combustion engines in delivering power. Kind of like vaping really. Combustion wastes a lot of actives whereas vaping gets you maximum return bonghit

A Tesla will run 10 second 1/4 miles all day out of the box. The tradeoff is you have a heavy car so besides a straight line they are not as enjoyable to drive with vigour. Still it is ridiculously impressive & shows how much more efficient than combustion engines in delivering power. Kind of like vaping really. Combustion wastes a lot of actives whereas vaping gets you maximum return bonghit
Car’s are my love like many other’s?
TESLA when our BMW need’s to be changed.
One of each kind : BLING & FUNCTION are important features 4 consumption!
VAPING is very conservative!
SMOKING is “HIGH TIMES AT *#$*-high

Speaking of Tesla,
visited the Tesla Museum in Belgrade Serbia this past week where one his many patented designs such as His Induction Motor is being used today by Tesla Motors.
fascinating!

View attachment 14555View attachment 14557View attachment 14558View attachment 14559
I love automobile technology!
I want a TESLA the most!
My wife won my desire.
I must say her purchase of a BMW SUV is impressive?

I would love to go to the EXHIBIT you so kindly displayed!

I am bit of a greeny, so I want one of these for my 4x4,

duramax.jpg

Pity it is a $47000 job..that's fitted though.

And

Last edited:
I am bit of a greeny, so I want one of these for my 4x4,

View attachment 14576
Pity it is a $47000 job..that's fitted though.

And

Save some money and install it yourself like a proper 4x4 owner lol (being a smart arse mate not having a dig)

One helluva donk there
Powerful

Or get a petrol that will allow you to come back to the same bit of bush and swim in the creek for years to come without polluting the drinking water or rip up the tracks like that, or help climate change so that I have bush fires surrounding us and biggest drought in history....even our redneck 4x4 farmers are on board with climate change issues now
Science is science
It struggled up that hill spinning wheels too much on flattish ground....

Drags well, still prefer my old V8 Cleveland for fast car driving
Off road is a different beast and driving style

Of course on the news now Subaru and Nissan and a few other well known brands are fucking up like the toyboatas and people considering class action
Shit manufacturing and enviro killers
Dpf and "new" science saying they are better for environment is a load bigger than I just dumped in my toilet
Even a diesel lover on there other day saying diesel is on the way out

I mean honestly
I grew up on 7.5 thousand acres of bush that backed into national Park
Rougher goat tracks than most 4x4 farms you can pay to go have fun in

My dad would get our Holden premier panel Van (with Kingswood badges on it to make it go faster..lol) in and out better than some of the Nissan and toyboatas could at the time
It really is about how you drive more often than what you drive
Some times the big forbys got stuck and our 2wd Holden with chains on got through
All we had was mud tyres and extra leaves in the back springs for clearance
Plus a BBQ plate bolted on as a sump bash plate
We also drove/rode our Honda 750 with side car in and out

Besides
Who wants to scratch up their 100,00$ 4x4 when you can buy a cheap one and drive the shit out of it

Go the chinarados lol

This thing is stock standard except has an auto lokka in the back

Last edited:
Save some money and install it yourself like a proper 4x4 owner lol (being a smart arse mate not having a dig)

Or get a petrol great wall that will allow you to come back to the same bit of bush and swim in the creek for years to come without polluting the drinking water or rip up the tracks like that
It struggled up that hill spinning wheels too much on flattish ground....

Of course on the news now Subaru and Nissan and a few other well known brands are fucking up like the toyboatas and people considering class action
Shit manufacturing and enviro killers
Dpf and "new" science saying they are better for environment is a load bigger than I just dumped in my toilet
Even a diesel lover on there other day saying diesel is on the way out

Besides
Who wants to scratch up their 100,00$ 4x4 when you can buy a cheap one and drive the shit out of it

Go the chinarados lol

This thing is stock standard except has an auto lokka in the back

JEEP GRAND CHEOKEE was a decent 4x4 for snow in the mountains!
My BAJA BUG was fun on the sand however the JEEP was unreal for snow!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back