Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Cannabis simple syrup

More fun
IMG_20210928_130245.jpgIMG_20210928_130302.jpgIMG_20210928_130901.jpgIMG_20210928_130941.jpgIMG_20210928_131100.jpg

Knocked over my celite pucks
Now a day making new ones and two days of drying
This is how projects get put off a week
Have to process a lot of flower, the flooding issues have backed everything up

My hard candy attempts will be from modernist pantry
Why does everything have citric or ascorbic acid in it
Pretty sure I can infuse the candy base prior to adding the acids

And a new way to concentrate juice for me

Had concerns over the gums I was using but the new cannabis products are swimming in chemical additives
Want to try to make a flavor concentrate like those squirt bottles

IMG_20210928_194330.jpg

Going Saturday

I think they add it as a preservative.

I noticed the candy recipe calls for Xylitol. You'll be using your simple syrup; right?

The base of the two recipes form syrups
The sugar recipe should be no problem and the infusion can occur prior to the acids being added
The sugar free recipe is the hurdle
The temps involved exceed the thc evaporation point
The Isomalt and Xylitol form a base that has to be handled quickly
The infusion would have to occur during cool down before the base sets making this a bit of gamble
A homogenizer may be the best bet for sugar free

The growing mj site was weird
Not one comment
Pulled the video since I won't really go there until I grow

Actually getting into seed to chocolate syrup
Being able to control everything is very satisfying feeling for a control freak like me

So
The thread where this syrup originated on another site just stated that their syrup attempt failed
Pretty much a death blow
This person has a lot of cred and their post pretty much ended the project
It works but a fail like that with their cred is going to turn everyone away
If there was even anyone reading the posts

It works
That is all I can say
The homogenizer would have produced a better product but no point carrying on with this

My advice to folks doing projects
DON'T!!!!
This has been a soul crushing experience with nothing but vitriol in return
Do your thing, just keep it between you and a closed circle
And do not post your findings on the the internet
Just don't!!!

To repeat myself
I got into this because of an ill family member
Learned that does not matter

Funny thing
A person attempted this same project but suddenly disappeared
Now I know why
People are horrible!!!!!

So
The thread where this syrup originated on another site just stated that their syrup attempt failed
Pretty much a death blow
This person has a lot of cred and their post pretty much ended the project
It works but a fail like that with their cred is going to turn everyone away
If there was even anyone reading the posts

It works
That is all I can say
The homogenizer would have produced a better product but no point carrying on with this

My advice to folks doing projects
DON'T!!!!
This has been a soul crushing experience with nothing but vitriol in return
Do your thing, just keep it between you and a closed circle
And do not post your findings on the the internet
Just don't!!!

To repeat myself
I got into this because of an ill family member
Learned that does not matter

Funny thing
A person attempted this same project but suddenly disappeared
Now I know why
People are horrible!!!!!
Never give up. Always persevere ! It's people like you that come up with solutions. Who cares what the trolls say. Fuck them. They have no place in your world, ignore their feeble attempts to intimidate you because of their own shortcomings. There is a way to achieve your goal, you just need to experiment with it more :thumbsup:. Just because some guy failed doesn't mean that you will. All sorts of jokers with bad intentions on the old interweb :nod:. Half the fun in experimenting is trying new things out. Investigate further into food manufacturing and I'm sure you'll succeed .

I think you should check out micro encapsulation . I've heard some of the THC sodas that are available use a form of this technology . If the infused drink makers are doing it then the tech and advice has got to be out there. I've also seen a powdered THC in water soluble form that's being sold Colorado, and Arizona have it. Not sure anywhere else. I was struck by your post and thought about it all morning. Never give a fuck when people are trolling. They don't know shit. You have a quest, now finish it.

Never give up. Always persevere ! It's people like you that come up with solutions. Who cares what the trolls say. Fuck them. They have no place in your world, ignore their feeble attempts to intimidate you because of their own shortcomings. There is a way to achieve your goal, you just need to experiment with it more :thumbsup:. Just because some guy failed doesn't mean that you will. All sorts of jokers with bad intentions on the old interweb :nod:. Half the fun in experimenting is trying new things out. Investigate further into food manufacturing and I'm sure you'll succeed .

This particular attempt is from the originator of the project
When somebody with that kind of cred puts up a fail its over
Folks will point to that and basically extrapolate that if he could not do it how can I manage

For me it was a huge success
Got a great product out of it and learned that my filtering may have huge benefits
Producing a tincture that is cleaner
The activated charcoal may be pulling out pesticides and heavy metals
If you make your own vape products look into your filtering method to make sure you are doing the best job you can

What you are seeing/reading is a cumulative reaction
For the last 18 months I have been getting 80% negative reaction and 20% neutral reaction
Hoping the new owners of grass city will let me nuke my account and posts
Manually deleting your content sucks

Need a site devoted to infused edibles

Basically got a shotgunned tutorial in internet experience
Painful but necessary

I think you should check out micro encapsulation . I've heard some of the THC sodas that are available use a form of this technology . If the infused drink makers are doing it then the tech and advice has got to be out there. I've also seen a powdered THC in water soluble form that's being sold Colorado, and Arizona have it. Not sure anywhere else. I was struck by your post and thought about it all morning. Never give a fuck when people are trolling. They don't know shit. You have a quest, now finish it.

This was my next step
From micro emulsion to nano emulsion
Was going to use a homogenizer with sonication
6196BHReWZL._AC_SX679_.jpg71H6D+zmfYL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I think making the droplets of cannabis oil as small as possible helps to deliver the oil in a more efficient and potent manner

Think folks have to understand the gravity of the situation when you get fail from someone who has a huge depth of knowledge
Part of it may be my personality too

Read the roll it up soda thread
It is much easier with the syrup and no separation and coalescing because I have removed most of the lipids and waxes
Always preached that your tincture should be clean as possible when doing carbonation

Something further of interest. If the guy who invented Keef Kola can do it you can too ! I'm betting you can figure this out

What are Nanoemulsions?​

Cannabis oil is a lipophilic substance, which means it is “fat-loving” and has poor solubility in liquid environments. To paint you a clear picture, imagine mixing water and olive oil while cooking. The two will remain separate as much as you try to combine them together for a consistent mixture. Now swap the olive oil out for cannabis oil, and you will experience the exact same thing.

nanoemulsions.png

Simply put, without an expertise in chemistry and innovative technology, it is extremely difficult to produce cannabis-infused drinks that are and will remain completely homogenous, containing the same amount of THC from your first sip to your last. This is the primary reason why cannabis drinks have received such a bad rap over the years. The inability to maintain a homogeneous mixture creates for poor tastes, inconsistent effects, and dissatisfied indulgers.

To combat these problems, Keef uses a proprietary infusion process with the key ingredient being nanoemulsions. Keef’s nanoemulsions are created using innovative ultrasonic technology that breaks down the THC cannabinoids into tiny nanoparticles that cannot be seen by the human eye. The THC nanoparticles are then locked within an emulsifier, a substance used to make an emulsion or diffusion of a fixed oil, that keeps the THC oil separate and prevents it from bonding back together.

Did we lose you? Don’t feel bad – this is complicated stuff. Just think back to the example of mixing olive oil and water. The nanoemulsions are created to hold the THC cannabinoids evenly dispersed in water for consistent and precise dosing every time. Cheers to cannabis!

Something further of interest. If the guy who invented Keef Kola can do it you can too ! I'm betting you can figure this out

What are Nanoemulsions?​

Cannabis oil is a lipophilic substance, which means it is “fat-loving” and has poor solubility in liquid environments. To paint you a clear picture, imagine mixing water and olive oil while cooking. The two will remain separate as much as you try to combine them together for a consistent mixture. Now swap the olive oil out for cannabis oil, and you will experience the exact same thing.

nanoemulsions.png

Simply put, without an expertise in chemistry and innovative technology, it is extremely difficult to produce cannabis-infused drinks that are and will remain completely homogenous, containing the same amount of THC from your first sip to your last. This is the primary reason why cannabis drinks have received such a bad rap over the years. The inability to maintain a homogeneous mixture creates for poor tastes, inconsistent effects, and dissatisfied indulgers.

To combat these problems, Keef uses a proprietary infusion process with the key ingredient being nanoemulsions. Keef’s nanoemulsions are created using innovative ultrasonic technology that breaks down the THC cannabinoids into tiny nanoparticles that cannot be seen by the human eye. The THC nanoparticles are then locked within an emulsifier, a substance used to make an emulsion or diffusion of a fixed oil, that keeps the THC oil separate and prevents it from bonding back together.

Did we lose you? Don’t feel bad – this is complicated stuff. Just think back to the example of mixing olive oil and water. The nanoemulsions are created to hold the THC cannabinoids evenly dispersed in water for consistent and precise dosing every time. Cheers to cannabis!

I can do carbonated beverages
But that fail on grass city will overshadow everything
I cannot emphasize how important this individual is to the cannabis community and tincture
Please reserve your judgements about grass city
Whatever negative feelings you may have this individual was the exception
My social skill is questionable
So this could be a combination of things
I don't know why his syrup crystallized but it did and he stated he is going back to his syrup recipe with citric acid
Game over

Please understand that I have put this out there on half a dozen sites and taken the backlash
His review was the most important
If I got that endorsement then I could have weathered the storm ahead progressing the syrup to nano state
At least he told me before I spent money on the homogenizer

This is the part of the internet I do not understand
He had me post the videos and do a write up
Hope this was not a big joke to get some laughs out of an idiot

So
My reaction was only a half over reaction
His syrup crystallized for whatever reason
The recipe is based on a specific syrup recipe for several reasons
So when he did not get the results with the recipe I used my take is that's a fail
He then decided to go with his citric acid version which is out of my comfort zone
This is where I just remind myself that none of this really matters
Pain turns me into a complete asshole that is too reactive

So
My reaction was only a half over reaction
His syrup crystallized for whatever reason
The recipe is based on a specific syrup recipe for several reasons
So when he did not get the results with the recipe I used my take is that's a fail
He then decided to go with his citric acid version which is out of my comfort zone
This is where I just remind myself that none of this really matters
Pain turns me into a complete asshole that is too reactive
Let me get this straight, he tried making your recipe and screwed up ? Did you have success with your recipe ?

Let me get this straight, he tried making your recipe and screwed up ? Did you have success with your recipe ?

Yes the syrup works great
Right now we are working out the development bugs
The syrup recipe is this

For health reasons this person should not be doing a rich syrup anyway so a fail is kind of a good thing
But for the other person out there who may try this the invert recipe is important because it stands up to the emulsion process and has a long shelf life with no need to mix or shake
I have held suspension for two months until the product was consumed
Frozen products go for !months
The syrup can produce beverages that don't seperate

Replicating the recipe is important because it is unproven

It can be done with a tablespoon of simple syrup and a gram or less of cannabis oil so the risk can be minimized
I tried a bunch of simple syrup recipes and they crystallized in a week
This simple syrup recipe is the best one

Lost in all this is my reaction
I'm not sure how folks will interpret his attempt at the syrup so it makes me uneasy
Not being self deprecating but I have zero cred

Last edited:
Yes the syrup works great
Right now we are working out the development bugs
The syrup recipe is this

For health reasons this person should not be doing a rich syrup anyway so a fail is kind of a good thing
But for the other person out there who may try this the invert recipe is important because it stands up to the emulsion process and has a long shelf life with no need to mix or shake
I have held suspension for two months until the product was consumed
Frozen products go for !months
The syrup can produce beverages that don't seperate

Replicating the recipe is important because it is unproven

It can be done with a tablespoon of simple syrup and a gram or less of cannabis oil so the risk can be minimized
I tried a bunch of simple syrup recipes and they crystallized in a week
This simple syrup recipe is the best one

Lost in all this is my reaction
I'm not sure how folks will interpret his attempt at the syrup so it makes me uneasy
Not being self deprecating but I have zero cred

I'm lost. If it works great for you and not him I would guess that he didn't follow your recipe to the letter. Sometimes people think they know better and they refuse to follow a simple recipe. It never ends good. What do you care about street cred ? Your talented, and you put your mind to a problem and solved it. Folks notice your work, as I noticed it right away . Follow your quest.

I'm lost. If it works great for you and not him I would guess that he didn't follow your recipe to the letter. Sometimes people think they know better and they refuse to follow a simple recipe. It never ends good. What do you care about street cred ? Your talented, and you put your mind to a problem and solved it. Folks notice your work, as I noticed it right away . Follow your quest.

Forgive me
A lot going on personally and my posts are erratic
Not even stoned

He actually made the recipe I use and endorsed it
Zipped right by me because I was caught up in the recording part of it
He had a bit of traffic on his thread and I glossed over the posts without reading them thoroughly

Most of this is my inexperience on the netz and not thoroughly reading posts in a timely manner

Please understand that most of this falls on me because I dived in the deep end without learning how to swim

The YouTube videos on making YouTube videos have made me YouTube paranoid
2 minutes of instruction and 10 minutes explaining all the horrible things folks will say in response to your video
Not a conducive environment for R&D

It may seem weird that 1 review means so much but in this case it means everything
It is a cudgel to beat the trolls down !
Drop this person's name to a troll and they shut up quick

So from thoroughly depressed to elation in 24 hours because I did not do my required reading

Still a little apprehensive about his syrup fail but it is in proper context with an explanation
I just saw crystallized and panicked

IMG_20211006_121457.jpg

My first official medical buy, all kinds of id stuff on the products so I had to remove a pic
Totally monopolized my assigned contact person and drove him up a wall asking questions about the inner workings

Ok
These places have some cool products
Again my stunning ignorance rears its ugly head
I just took some Afghan kush crossover with high cbd percentage
The high is different
It is even keeled for lack of a better term but the high is also a body high
Something I have never had from a vape/smoke
Honest relief in my shoulder with the completely torn rotator cuff and my disc issues are fading a little
My hands are noticeable of better

This strain in an mct oil would be heaven on a rainy 40f (4c) day
We just had 2.5 days of cold rain and I can get out to finish some yard work today
I had written today off

Actually thinking about using the rest of the old flower to make cbd forward edibles
Finally test that cbd setting on the Nova fx
IMG_20211006_125319.jpg

Keep this by the bedside
CBD/THC full spectrum cartridge

Last edited:
View attachment 30554

My first official medical buy, all kinds of id stuff on the products so I had to remove a pic
Totally monopolized my assigned contact person and drove him up a wall asking questions about the inner workings

Ok
These places have some cool products
Again my stunning ignorance rears its ugly head
I just took some Afghan kush crossover with high cbd percentage
The high is different
It is even keeled for lack of a better term but the high is also a body high
Something I have never had from a vape/smoke
Honest relief in my shoulder with the completely torn rotator cuff and my disc issues are fading a little
My hands are noticeable of better

This strain in an mct oil would be heaven on a rainy 40f (4c) day
We just had 2.5 days of cold rain and I can get out to finish some yard work today
I had written today off

Actually thinking about using the rest of the old flower to make cbd forward edibles
Finally test that cbd setting on the Nova fx
View attachment 30555

Keep this by the bedside
CBD/THC full spectrum cartridge
I love using MCT oil for my tinctures. I have been using a blend of normal weed , hemp, and shatter for my medicine. The CBD after decarb was 21% . I'm a big fan of hemp/CBD strains. I find the blend very beneficial to most muscle and joint pain. I do not have experience with a Nova, but I am curious. Normally I will double my decarb time. It all depends on the moisture content but rule of my thumb is 80 minutes for hemp at 240. Does the Nova give any digital display for temperatures or time ? Just curious, Everything that I have read says it's a great machine. My problem is that I've been doing it old school in the oven for so long it's second nature.

I love using MCT oil for my tinctures. I have been using a blend of normal weed , hemp, and shatter for my medicine. The CBD after decarb was 21% . I'm a big fan of hemp/CBD strains. I find the blend very beneficial to most muscle and joint pain. I do not have experience with a Nova, but I am curious. Normally I will double my decarb time. It all depends on the moisture content but rule of my thumb is 80 minutes for hemp at 240. Does the Nova give any digital display for temperatures or time ? Just curious, Everything that I have read says it's a great machine. My problem is that I've been doing it old school in the oven for so long it's second nature.

Nah
That would give up the secrets and shorten the time it takes for folks to make their own
Just with the equipment you folks use I guess you are more than 3/4 of the way there
Some sort of thermos or other heat friendly vessel and you have tincandtoke's home decarb (disconnect if the lights flicker)
The heating regulators that are in use here, throw in some moisture sensors
Perfect way to burn down the house

The 10 year old in me wants to tear the Nova apart to see how it works
The old man in me knows how disappointed I will be that I paid hundreds of dollars for $10 in materials
A coffee warmer and an aluminum thermos liner
F*CK!!!!!!

I use a third party lab to test my oils.
https://www.levelonelabs.com/for-patients
This is from my handwritten notes from my last batch of CBD oil. I source my hemp from Horn Creek Hemp . They send third party test results with each order. The lab that tests weed is only about ten miles from me. It costs can vary . There was a shortage on labs as we just went recreational, but I believe they are catching up with demand. The results didn't take long, a couple days. If you notice the numbers it would suggest I could have converted more CBD ? That's why I'm interested in decarb temps and times :wink: . I'm getting ready to make a new batch of oil. So I'm thinking on documenting my process. here are my results....
CBD 21.4 %
CBDA 23.7 %
CBGA .75 %

Last edited:
I use a third party lab to test my oils.
https://www.levelonelabs.com/for-patients
This is from my handwritten notes from my last batch of CBD oil. I source my hemp from Horn Creek Hemp . They send third party test results with each order. The lab that tests weed is only about ten miles from me. It costs can vary . There was a shortage on labs as we just went recreational, but I believe they are catching up with demand. The results didn't take long, a couple days. If you notice the numbers it would suggest I could have converted more CBD ? That's why I'm interested in decarb temps and times :wink: . I'm getting ready to make a new batch of oil. So I'm thinking on documenting my process. here are my results....
CBD 21.4 %
CBDA 23.7 %
CBGA .75 %

This was in an oven at 240f (115c) for 80 minutes (80 minutes)

Picked up 3 pre rolls to test
IMG_20211006_200650.jpg

Going to save the fractal boxes for the next cold rain
Enjoyed the Headband X Afghani all day today
2 ounces of product every 10 days
Way more than I would ever need

LIMG_20211006_201023.jpg

Anyone use these?
Are they worth it?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back