Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother has been working on family ancestry. My grandmother’s sister and her husband died during the 1918 flu pandemic. Their 6 month old baby boy laying between them when they were found was still alive. Family members ended up raising him as their own. How sad but very relevant today. I’m not a scientist but our bodies have no immunity to this Novell virus. So everyone stay safe.

We do need to hear humor in all this as well but having folks keep themselves safe is essential. We all are getting cabin fever and low on funds. Most folks don’t have $400 saved up for emergencies. Our school is giving out food to families twice a day and are going out to the low income apartments and trailer parks. Thanks to the school bus drivers, we make sure we stay six feet away and wear a face covering. We have also passed out homework and chrome books for at home school. Our schools will be closed until at least September. How do you have school if we need to still be 6 feet away from each other? I think they will need to have schools in shifts so there aren’t so many students at one time. I can’t wrap my head around how they will do it without a vaccination.

Life-saving practical advice from a pioneer in imaging for intubation: the readily available pulse oximeter. Read hundreds of pages of COVID material daily, but this was new.

The Infection That’s Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients
By Richard Levitan
Dr. Levitan is an emergency doctor.
April 20, 2020
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs in which the air sacs fill with fluid or pus. Normally, patients develop chest discomfort, pain with breathing and other breathing problems. But when Covid pneumonia first strikes, patients don’t feel short of breath, even as their oxygen levels fall. And by the time they do, they have alarmingly low oxygen levels and moderate-to-severe pneumonia (as seen on chest X-rays). Normal oxygen saturation for most persons at sea level is 94 percent to 100 percent; Covid pneumonia patients I saw had oxygen saturations as low as 50 percent...

A vast majority of Covid pneumonia patients I met had remarkably low oxygen saturations at triage — seemingly incompatible with life — but they were using their cellphones as we put them on monitors. Although breathing fast, they had relatively minimal apparent distress, despite dangerously low oxygen levels and terrible pneumonia on chest X-rays.

We are only just beginning to understand why this is so. The coronavirus attacks lung cells that make surfactant. This substance helps keep the air sacs in the lungs stay open between breaths and is critical to normal lung function. As the inflammation from Covid pneumonia starts, it causes the air sacs to collapse, and oxygen levels fall. Yet the lungs initially remain “compliant,” not yet stiff or heavy with fluid. This means patients can still expel carbon dioxide — and without a buildup of carbon dioxide, patients do not feel short of breath...

There is a way we could identify more patients who have Covid pneumonia sooner and treat them more effectively — and it would not require waiting for a coronavirus test at a hospital or doctor’s office. It requires detecting silent hypoxia early through a common medical device that can be purchased without a prescription at most pharmacies: a pulse oximeter.

Pulse oximetry is no more complicated than using a thermometer. These small devices turn on with one button and are placed on a fingertip. In a few seconds, two numbers are displayed: oxygen saturation and pulse rate. Pulse oximeters are extremely reliable in detecting oxygenation problems and elevated heart rates...

People using the devices at home would want to consult with their doctors to reduce the number of people who come to the E.R. unnecessarily because they misinterpret their device. There also may be some patients who have unrecognized chronic lung problems and have borderline or slightly low oxygen saturations unrelated to Covid-19.

I can’t wrap my head around how they will do it without a vaccination
Perhaps 'Heard Immunity'? Do we have a Vax for SARS 1.0? Lots of questions carol.. I'm not quick to run into the mandatory Vax car. And I do feel for all of us who are suffering the consequences of this hybrid virus/economy.. I don't want to go into politics, simply Follow the money..,pay to play. never thought Id say B Gate$ would be a Bond Villain but yea.. kaching kaching is name of the game. (ask India how they feel about him)
Listen if at least to b entertained. Enraged or both?

Heap$ of question$..heap$.. Very sensitive topic for many.

Perhaps 'Heard Immunity'? Do we have a Vax for SARS 1.0? Lots of questions carol.. I'm not quick to run into the mandatory Vax car. And I do feel for all of us who are suffering the consequences of this hybrid virus/economy.. I don't want to go into politics, simply Follow the money..,pay to play. never thought Id say B Gate$ would be a Bond Villain but yea.. kaching kaching is name of the game. (ask India how they feel about him)
Listen if at least to b entertained. Enraged or both?

Heap$ of question$..heap$.. Very sensitive topic for many.
I don’t know if some of us would survive the virus if it hit us hard? It’s different than the regular flu and scientist don’t know enough about COVID. People have this virus and don’t show symptoms. At this point I personally am not willing to risk being unsafe. I have a friend that lost her mom (Seattle area) It’s going to be hard on places like Africa and 3rd world countries when it reaches them, the world is one place.

My friend’s mom wasn’t tested for the virus at the time. Her doc believes it was COVID, she died at home so she isn’t included in the count, this was back in March. She was in her mid 70s.
I’m curious if heard immunity will work in Sweden?

Last edited:
I don’t know if some of us would survive the virus if it hit us hard? It’s different than the regular flu and scientist don’t know enough about COVID. People have this virus and don’t show symptoms. At this point I personally am not willing to risk being unsafe. I have a friend that lost her mom (Seattle area) It’s going to be hard on places like Africa and 3rd world countries when it reaches them, the world is one place.

My friend’s mom wasn’t tested for the virus at the time. Her doc believes it was COVID, she died at home so she isn’t included in the count, this was back in March. She was in her mid 70s.
I’m curious if heard immunity will work in Sweden?
We don't know if there will be herd immunity, or any immunity. This is a fast mutating virus. Herd immunity is a possibility, but not a guaranteed option the virus will take. I hope there is immunity, but I wouldn't count on it.

We don't know if there will be herd immunity, or any immunity. This is a fast mutating virus. Herd immunity is a possibility, but not a guaranteed option the virus will take. I hope there is immunity, but I wouldn't count on it.
I want to apologize for my offense behavior.
@CarolKing is a kind person for sure.
Love honesty health wealth is the key to life.
Cannabis helps get through trial’s of our existence on this pale blue dot we all live on.

YOu haven't done anything offensive at all, my friend. Please do not give it another thought.

I think this may well go here as its related to reactions/consequences to the virus epidemic. Please move it if you feel it should be elsewhere

Nearly 30% of weed smokers switched to alternative products during pandemic

With experts warning of the dangers of smoking amid the coronavirus pandemic, 28% of marijuana smokers in a new survey said they have made the switch to edibles and other alternative methods of consuming cannabis.

The survey released by AmericanMarijuana.org looked at the cannabis habits of 1,017 consumers in the U.S. as the global health crisis unfolds.
COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus (Sars-CoV-2) first identified in China, attacks the lungs, provoking pneumonia or acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in the more severe cases.

While the virus first appeared in December, scientists are still learning about the different facets of Sars-CoV-2, which belongs to the broader group of coronaviruses which include SARS and MERS.

However, smoking appears to be a major risk factor as Chinese health officials reported a higher death rate among men who contracted the coronavirus compared to women. The theory is based on the fact that a majority of older Chinese men are smokers, while only 2% of Chinese women smoke.

This prompted some researchers to speculate whether the same could be said for marijuana smoking, with one epidemiologist advising pot smokers to switch to edibles, especially if they have underlying respiratory problems.

The AmericanMarijuana poll also asked respondents if they feel more susceptible to the coronavirus as weed smokers. Among respondents without lung problems, 65% said they do feel more vulnerable to the virus, while 54% of those that do have an underlying lung disease agreed.

Weed still more effective than other anxiety treatments
When it comes to other effects of the pandemic among marijuana smokers, a majority interviewed in the survey said they have consumed the same amount of pot as usual despite quarantining at home and the overall higher degree of uncertainty caused by the virus.

On the other hand, nearly 30% revealed they have smoked more pot than usual since the beginning of the outbreak. Finally, over 5% said they quit smoking weed altogether.

According to a previous AmericanMarijuana survey, a majority of people that stocked up on weed during the crisis turned to marijuana in order to relieve stress and anxiety. The new survey showed 65% of respondents stuck with weed as their only means of dealing with stress at the moment.
Meanwhile, 34.51% said they have been taking anxiety relief supplements in addition to cannabis. An overwhelming majority said they still find weed to be more effective than other anxiety treatments.

Turning to the economy, as over 22 million Americans sought unemployment benefits in the past four weeks, AmericanMarijuana asked participants if they are worried they won’t be able to pay for marijuana.

Among the respondents, 63.33% said they aren’t concerned about having money for cannabis, while 36.67% replied they are in fact worried if they will be able to pay for marijuana in the near future.

@CarolKing is a kind person for sure.
Love honesty health wealth is the key to life.
Cannabis helps get through trial’s of our existence on this pale blue dot we all live on.
@ataxian, you are one of my favorite people. Don't apologize for being you. You are fine.
beach-mural-024.jpg

Stay safe. Wash hands.

@ataxian, you are one of my favorite people. Don't apologize for being you. You are fine.View attachment 17975
Stay safe. Wash hands.
I am freaking out like most human beings!
Not to Bragg like I can do well.
Trying to be truthful?
I was a grower of illegal existence.
I’m learning to love other’s. (Alway’s have however learning to be less self absorbed?)
The ROSIN is my friend! (Can’t stand the confinement)
Good to have my wife to keep it real! (Glad she is the opposite of me?)
Washing my hand ‘s a very humane action to practice!
As a surfer in my pre-teen’s and as a OLD SB-60 = shortboarder over 60, life could be worse?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back