Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
With which part do you disagree?
I didn't say I disagree.....what I asked for was a source...a source of the information you presented as a validated objective fact...but, no source.

As far as it being obvious...well, it is to you as its your shining idea. But, based on my readings I don't see this as obvious at all nor is it a reasonable argument. Its just your unalloyed and, currently, unsupported opinion.

Last edited:
I feel that in the beginning of the COVID virus, those that knew what was going on, didn’t say much about it. If those in charge would have filled in or leveled with the citizens of the U.S or UK we would have shut everything down sooner. I also must say some of those in the CDC and our head guy in charge have a lot of extra deaths to explain when this tragedy is over.

Some people that get a severe case may have long lasting effects with their lungs, heart, and kidney plus even their brains. So it’s not over for them.

Last edited:
When you get back home, you might want to gargle with salt water. It would kill virus' in the throat. Nielmeds makes a nasal rinse that can rinse sinus area. The virus will enter through mouth, nose or eyes. The severity of illness seems to be related to initial viral load amounts, and gargle and rinse can help. Obviously, distance, mask, wash hands, etc. Be safe, my friend.
https://bestlifeonline.com/thailand-coronavirus-hygiene/ I'm a firm believer. :smile:

This One Habit May Be Why Thailand Has So Few COVID Cases, Doctor Says
THIS PERSONAL HYGIENE HABIT MAY HELP YOU AVOID THE CORONAVIRUS.
By COLBY HALL
MAY 16, 2020
men sitting down from behind in thailand
Shutterstock
The coronavirus pandemic has had global reach, affecting most developed nations within weeks of it taking over the Wuhan province of China from which it emanated. But curiously, nearby Thailand has seen an incredibly low number of cases, which has led Amy Baxter, MD, to suggest that a personal hygiene habit might be the reason: nasal irrigation.
On Friday, Thailand authorities announced zero new coronavirus cases, and zero deaths as a result of COVID-19 while announcing plans to reopen the country. Since the outbreak started, there have been 3,025 reported cases of the coronavirus in Thailand, leading to 56 deaths. These numbers are stunningly low considering that there are 70 million individuals that live in this popular tourist destination.
Why are these numbers so low? Well, a vast majority of Thai people regularly practice nasal irrigation or the regular cleansing of their sinuses with neti pots. And according to Baxter, that's could have a huge impact.
In a recent interview with Best Life, Baxter noted the total deaths in Southeast Asian countries like Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam are particularly low. "Yes, they wear masks, and yes, they bow and don't shake hands, but the biggest difference between them and places like South Korea or Japan is that nasal irrigation is practiced by 80 percent of people," she said. Laos has had less than 20 reported cases, and Vietnam has had roughly 300.
Baxter, the CEO and founder of Pain Care Labs, added that she "believe strongly that nasal irrigation is the key to reducing COVID-19 progression of symptoms and infectivity."
According to Baxter, recent clinical trials show that nasal irrigation reduces the duration and symptoms for other viral illnesses like the flu and the common cold, though it hasn't yet been studied for COVID-19. Still, she has multiple reasons for believing that this approach can be effective in preventing coronavirus from worsening in a sick patient. "SARS-CoV2's viral load is heaviest in sinuses/nasal cavity," she said.
There is a growing belief in medical communities that the viral load of COVID-19 is a significant variable as to whether an individual gets sick or not. Baxter explained how the buildup of viral particles in one's sinus can inevitably lead to respiratory illness, but flushing it out once or twice a day "gives the immune system time to figure out what it needs while reducing the enemy."

For anyone exposed to or positive for COVID-19, Baxter offers the following specific self-treatment: "Do a hypertonic nasal irrigation with 1/2 tsp. povidone-iodine in the a.m. and in the evening with 8 oz. boiled lukewarm tap water, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, and 1 tsp. salt per cup H20."
According to Baxter, there are now nine new registered trials investigating the effects of nasal irrigation on the coronavirus, including at Stanford University, the University of Kentucky, NYU Langone, University of Pittsburgh, and Vanderbilt, among others.
In short, regular flushing of one's sinuses in the manner described above could be an effective way to keep the COVID-19 contagion from building up and causing potentially fatal respiratory problems. And for more on the ways coronavirus attacks your body, check out 5 Strange New Ways Coronavirus Attacks Your Body.

As far as it being obvious...well, it is to you as its your shining idea. But, based on my readings I don't see this as obvious at all nor is it a reasonable argument.

After researching this for a few hours, it's not that obvious. Some have stumbled into pitfalls with similar (but not identical) statements, so it was worth digging into.

Because so few people were infected in March, there was little chance you'd be exposed to someone who was infectious. Because many people have been infected since, and some of them are still infectious, there's a greater chance you'll be exposed now.

Stepping back, we could frame this as a question: Were there fewer infectious people in March than there are now? Haven't yet found a definitive answer but would still bet on "yes." However - if the question was: Were there fewer infectious people in late April than there are now? - then "no" would be a better bet. The reason is that since that time, the number of people who died or recovered appears to be greater than the number who were newly infected.

This is based on a model described here and here. It should be possible to confirm the model's predictions in retrospect, but haven't found that yet. Also, in the US, the New York City outbreak was orders of magnitude worse than anywhere else. Ideally, you'd want to subtract it to get a meaningful picture of the rest of the country.

Also found a news story about a Forbes writer who had his article about Georgia's reopening retracted because he incorrectly relied on the number of new cases to predict risk without considering the number of resolved cases.

In any case, now have less confidence in assertion that current risk is "much greater" than it was in March. Specific location and level of individual exposure is probably more significant. Find this to be a useful interactive tool from NYT: Five Ways to Monitor the Coronavirus Outbreak in the U.S. The second way, "Where the Outbreak Is Worst Now," speaks to your current level of environmental exposure. Use it to keep tabs on parents in Myrtle Beach, which is currently on the rise heading into hurricane season.

Last edited:
We have 5,000 folks with the virus from food processing plants just in farm country, Yakima County - that blows me away. Plus 18,000 in other areas with a whopping total of around 23,000. We just had a major outbreak at a nursing facility in the town I live in. I assume our death rate will go up. We just had two people who had died. Both over 70 and men. The nursing homes, VA hospitals and prisons/jails have been hit hard. Many people in small areas and inside.

A interesting article from the NY times on British Columbia‘s top doctor, she has navigated us through challenging times.

“The philosophy is how to make this sustainable over next year to two years,” she said. “We know there were unintended negative consequences from the things that we did, like intimate partner violence, suicides, children who didn’t get the services they need.”

The crucial thing now, she said, is to “find that balance so we minimize the impact of Covid, particularly on those people who are more likely to have severe illness or die from it, and minimize the unintended negative consequence of all the other things as well.”

“We have to find that balance,” she added, as she prepared to take her first day off in five months on Saturday. “We can manage this for as long as we need.”

Very inspiring. You're lucky to have her.

Some good news, for a change.

Low-Cost Drug Reduces Coronavirus Deaths, Scientists Say
A steroid, dexamethasone, is the first drug proven to reduce coronavirus-related deaths, according to scientists at the University of Oxford in Britain.

By Benjamin Mueller
June 16, 2020, 9:09 a.m. ET

LONDON — Scientists at the University of Oxford said on Tuesday that they had identified what they called the first drug proven to reduce coronavirus-related deaths, after a 6,000-patient trial in Britain showed that a low-cost steroid could reduce deaths significantly for hospitalized patients.
The steroid, dexamethasone, reduced deaths by a third in patients receiving ventilation, and by a fifth in patients receiving only oxygen treatment, the scientists said. They found no benefit from the drug for patients who did not need respiratory support.

Matt Hancock, Britain’s health secretary, said doctors in the country’s National Health Service would begin treating patients with the drug Tuesday afternoon.
The government started stockpiling dexamethasone several months ago because it was hopeful about the potential of the drug, Mr. Hancock said, and now has 200,000 doses on hand.

“Dexamethasone is the first drug to be shown to improve survival in Covid-19,” one of the chief investigators for the trial, Peter Horby, who is a professor of emerging infectious diseases at the University of Oxford, said in a statement. “The survival benefit is clear and large in those patients who are sick enough to require oxygen treatment.”

Professor Horby said that dexamethasone should now become the “standard of care in these patients,” noting that it was inexpensive, widely available and could be used immediately.

@Kurtdigglur where u been, all these rioters (protesters) in the states will b getting sick in coming weeks spitting and yelling all over each other, this hasn't gone away at all, many nursing homes are seeing a huge resurgence in infections not just with patients but with workers as well. Beijing is also a bit hairy lately..here
B safe and stay positve!

The new cases took the number of confirmed infections in Beijing over the past five days to 106,

The current metro area population of Beijing in 2020 is 20,463,000

@Kurtdigglur where u been, all these rioters (protesters) in the states will b getting sick in coming weeks spitting and yelling all over each other, this hasn't gone away at all, many nursing homes are seeing a huge resurgence in infections not just with patients but with workers as well. Beijing is also a bit hairy lately..here
B safe and stay positve!
Today I went south down the 405 fwy to see my brother.
Ice bath after surfing?
Too cold for most human’s?
Traffic headed north was packed like a normal afternoon in one of the bubble’s on the Pale Blue Dot we exist on!
Mr. OG ROSIN is very relaxing after a lunch in paradise.

as a swimmer i love ice baths, then a run into sauna..
Cv 1984 put the kaibash on my gym membership, in pool area
Mngmnt want me to put mask on there to swim lol.
70% of infected people don't show fever symptoms, taking temps is show business for media and politics crowd A.
My time with family was awesome!
@Squiby it’s good to medicate with CANNABIS PRODUCTS!
Rosin is available & my wife think’s it’s very CIVILIZED for HOMO SAPIENT need’s?
She is like Joan De Arc & is like SNOW WHITE from Disney!
Not to one up you? @Helios my brother SWIM’s 5 mile’s in front of his house before riding wave’s?
For the month of JUNE, oil glass on the surface of the sea! (Beautiful wave’s)

Last edited:
My time with family was awesome!
@Squiby it’s good to medicate with CANNABIS PRODUCTS!
Rosin is available & my wife think’s it’s very CIVILIZED for HOMO SAPIENT need’s?
She is like Joan De Arc & is like SNOW WHITE from Disney!
Not to one up you? @Helios my brother SWIM’s 5 mile’s in front of his house before riding wave’s?
For the month of JUNE, oil glass on the surface of the sea! (Beautiful wave’s)
Nice! Lucky family.
5 miles is good, can he butterfly?? I ride half century (50 miles) on my caad 12 after 75 laps in da pool.. KORONA fucked it up 4 now..

Is it any wonder we lead the nation in new corona virus cases. People are crazy here. Over 2500 alone yesterday were infected.
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/new...-has-covid-19-mark-lamb-pinal-county-11476330
Arizona Sheriff Who Refused to Enforce Lockdown Restrictions Has COVID-19
RAY STERN | JUNE 17, 2020 | 5:00PM

A Republican sheriff in Arizona who said he would not enforce the state's emergency coronavirus orders has come down with COVID-19.
Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb announced on Facebook on Wednesday that he had tested positive, likely from attending a campaign event on Saturday. He says he found out when he was called on Tuesday to meet with President Trump at the White House and was screened for the virus.
"Unfortunately, as a law enforcement official and elected leader, we do not have the luxury of staying home," Lamb wrote. "This line of work is inherently dangerous, and that is a risk we take when we sign up for the job. Today, that risk is the COVID-19 virus. On Saturday, I held a campaign event, where it is likely I came into contact with an infected individual."

Trump, meanwhile, is planning to come to Arizona on June 23 for a campaign rally.
Lamb, who was elected in 2016, told Phoenix New Times in late April that he had to keep the Constitution in mind when considering emergency public-health orders.
"In tough times, tough decisions have to be made," he said. "I'm looking at two laws in each hand [and] going with the one that's 200 years old rather than two days old."

Lamb said on Wednesday that he'll be self-quarantining for at least the next 14 days and has alerted the Pinal County Public Health Department after testing positive, "and they are working to track all those I came in contact with following the Saturday event."
Lamb did not immediately return a message left with his office on Wednesday; this story will be updated if he calls back.

Lamb was not the only Republican sheriff who said he would not enforce Governor Doug Ducey's emergency orders in April. Mohave County Sheriff Douglas Schuster and Gila County Sheriff Adam Shepherd, like Lamb, said they would advise people of the recommendations, but would not arrest people or shut down a business for violations.
On Wednesday, citing the spike in COVID-19 cases in recent weeks, Governor Doug Ducey said he would allow local jurisdictions to make their own mandatory health rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back