Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
3_US Death (1).png

USA tops the big 3K! :thumbsup:

Yep, looks like covid killed off most of the vulnerable people in the first waves.
That is, IMO, far more of a conclusion than this data supports.

Here is what happens if everyone is on the same page and follows what scientists, not influencers say, just about back to normal without a vaccine, luckily our gov were smart and paid the wages for people to stay at home for the lockdown to help small business stay afloat while closed. That and a doubling of welfare payments for months helped to keep our economy going.

Yeah, but in the US, EVERYONE got a check for $1200 - whether they needed it or not! And our government wants to give us another $600! Almost too exciting.*

(*Non-partisan disclaimer: the above is an exaggeration intended for darkly comic effect. In fact, the first US relief bill also included enhanced unemployment benefits and other measures that helped stave off the worst economic effects of the pandemic and our less restrictive policies to prevent its spread. There's still a chance that the legislature will reject the $600 proopsal and compromise on more meaningful aid to get us through what is shaping up to be a truly horrific winter.)

The Pfizer vaccine will arrive in Canada and begin being given to healthcare workers by appt on Monday. I hope it goes well. I hope it works. I hope this marks the beginning of the end of Covid.

Last edited:
The Pfizer vaccine will arrive in Canada and begin to be given to the healthcare workers by appt on Monday. I hope it goes well. I hope it works. I hope this marks the beginning of the end of Covid.

It's very likely. There are still questions over the duration of immunity and whether vaccinated individuals can spread the virus, but there's we couldn't know the answers at this point, and there's every reason for high hopes. The US is also expected to begin vaccinations next week. We just have to hold on a little longer. :treadmill:

Yeah, but in the US, EVERYONE got a check for $1200 - whether they needed it or not! And our government wants to give us another $600! Almost too exciting.*

(*Non-partisan disclaimer: the above is an exaggeration intended for darkly comic effect. In fact, the first US relief bill also included enhanced unemployment benefits and other measures that helped stave off the worst economic effects of the pandemic and our less restrictive policies to prevent its spread. There's still a chance that the legislature will reject the $600 proopsal and compromise on more meaningful aid to get us through what is shaping up to be a truly horrific winter.)
Yeah, that $130/mo went a “loooong” way (...not)

The Pfizer vaccine will arrive in Canada and begin being given to healthcare workers by appt on Monday. I hope it goes well. I hope it works. I hope this marks the beginning of the end of Covid.

We dont have a great track record when it comes to rushing pharmaceuticals .. i certainly wouldnt take it..
There really is no tellings whats the long term effects are, could well be worse than corona...
Possibly affecting future generations...
Ill take my chance with nature instead of man...
We like to think we are smart...
But in reality we are likely as blind as the Egyptians drilling holes in heads to let headaches out...
We still dig shit out the ground to burn for power..
We are a primitive race of arrogant, ignorant morons...
We know nothing in the big picture, yet we think we are god...
Our own arrogance will likely be the end of us..

And good riddens i say...
Hopefully the next highly evolved dominant species wont destroy the only place they have to live, caus of some paper money shit that we made up....

Sorry jus dabbed...

@Kellya86, Dang, dont know that its coming from the same place ?​

On an existential level there will always be a level of dumbness that gets proclaimed through arrogance.​

Just from our short pm's & reading your posts it's clearly easy to see your a good Guy :rofl: Just a conversational question, when you say we are a primitive race to whom or what is a comparison being made ? If its an idea thats fine just curious & killing time before I leave.

@Kellya86, Dang, dont know that its coming from the same place ?​

On an existential level there will always be a level of dumbness that gets proclaimed through arrogance.​

Just from our short pm's & reading your posts it's clearly easy to see your a good Guy :rofl: Just a conversational question, when you say we are a primitive race to whom or what is a comparison being made ? If its an idea thats fine just curious & killing time before I leave.

Primitive by our own measure...
Example.. we can synthesise petrol from the elements in everyday normal air...
Yet we still drill for oil... because we cant afford to make it from air.. caus we invented money.. how stupid is that..

In relation to science/medicine, we know we are still primitive. We still cant cure a cold or flu.. getting hammered by cancer and we dont know why. We understand sod all about the brain really. Dementia cases on the up. There are still many unexplained biological processes that occur within us.. we cant even understand ourselves, let alone the universe..
I think thats primitive.. in the big picture.. that we cannot yet see...

Media would have us believe we are a futuristic scifi race, but we are still so so far from that...

I jus feel we are risking future generations health and genetics by messing with shit dont yet fully understand...

But i suppose thats how we make progress...

Last edited:

Lower COVID-19 mortality in Italian forested areas suggests immunoprotection by Mediterranean plants.

This is probably bs.... but.....

Screenshot_20201216-195335_Instagram.jpg

Im skeptical of everything...

I plan on eventually taking the vaccine ( I think). I’m going to talk with my doctor as well. I took the flu shot in September and 5 days later I came down with Bells Palsey. I think there was a connection, that’s just my opinion. I’ve only had a few flu shots in the past. I’ve read where very few people have gotten Bells Palsey after the Covid shot in the trials. Most of the time folks get over bells Palsey. You have to risk the benefits over the negatives. I figure doctors and science can help me with that. I am waiting and watching though.

I am too young to remember polio. The vaccine was a godsend. I’m not negative on vaccines. My dad was in the military- had to get my share of vaccines as a kid. I do remember getting the polio vaccine drink in a little paper cup.
I really enjoy @Disrupt posts in this thread. Some very useful information and he knows what he’s talking about - unlike myself when it comes to science.

Last edited:
I really enjoy @Disrupt posts in this thread. Some very useful information and he knows what he’s talking about - unlike myself when it comes to science.
Thanks! (Is there no embarrassed emoji?) Don't trust strangers on the internet! Try to always admit error, at least.

Any conceivably relevant experience is at least fifteen years old. Worked with RNA in grad school. Maybe a little at subsequent lab gig, don't recall.

As it happens, just looked up the ingredients of Pfizer's vaccine.

Each 0.3 mL dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine contains 30 mcg of a nucleoside-modified messenger RNA (modRNA) encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2. Each dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine also includes the following ingredients: lipids (0.43 mg (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 0.05 mg 2[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 0.09 mg 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and 0.2 mg cholesterol), 0.01 mg potassium chloride, 0.01 mg monobasic potassium phosphate, 0.36 mg sodium chloride, 0.07 mg dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and 6 mg sucrose. The diluent (0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection) contributes an additional 2.16 mg sodium chloride per dose.

From USA Today:

'Nothing too surprising there': Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine ingredients are pretty standard, experts say

Adrianna Rodriguez | USA TODAY

The only active ingredient in the vaccine is the messenger RNA encoding the viral spike of SARS-CoV-2. That describes the modified mRNA that contains the code for cells to make the spike protein specific to the virus that will help create antibodies to attack it.

The next key ingredient on the list is the lipid molecule, a small ball of fat, that contains four components. Some of the components, like cholesterol, are natural to the body. Other components, like the polyethylene glycol (PEG), are not.
PEG is used in a range of pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food products, according to FullFact.org, a registered charity and nonprofit company from England that fact-checks and debunks false or misleading claims.

There have been rare cases of allergic reactions to products with high concentrations of PEG, such as some commonly used laxatives, but the Pfizer vaccine contains a tiny amount of the substance – only enough to maintain the integrity of the lipid molecule.

Heinz said that if there was any part of the vaccine that could trigger a mild allergic reaction, it could be one of the fat components, but that is very rare.

“We’re talking about a number of relatively mild reactions that you can count on one hand” out of tens of thousands of people in the study, he said.

The lipid molecule protects the mRNA. Without it, the mRNA would be broken down inside the body before delivering the genetic code to the cell. This protective ball of fat is very fragile, which is why the vaccines have to be stored at subzero temperatures with dry ice or a special freezer until five days before use.

The list of salts may seem like complicated chemicals, but Heinz said they are variants of salt natural to the body that keep the pH – the acidity or basicity of a solution – balanced. The combination of these salts helps the body absorb the solution and protects the fatty molecule and mRNA.

The people at risk for anaphylaxes would have been excluded from test participants, so it's not surprising that it's being observed at very low rates. Because it's a new technology, something unforeseen can't be entirely ruled out, IMO. Personally, plan to get inoculated ASAP. Even if a significant percentage of people refuse to be inoculated, and the virus persists in the population, the vaccine will be the best defense against being infected yourself.

Interesting article from January 2020

So, a Canadian feels impelled to dig up a hit piece on a USA President (yes, Trump) from 9 months ago and post it...really?

Ok, while we are strolling down memory lane, do you remember, at the VERY SAME TIME as this article was published, the red hot outrage and absolute assertions of racism by media and Dem politicians when he closed...mostly...the border to China then Europe? The howling was incredible until later a great many of the VERY SAME voice started howling that he didn't close the borders early enough.

I'm no fan of Trump at all and think that MY country is better off with Biden, well known as both a nice guy and a do nothing idiot.

I do wonder, however, who the media will blame for all of the world's ills once they don't have Trump as a whipping boy.

Personally, I am completely and utterly over the double talk, finger pointing, rampant hypocrisy, and politicization of...well, just about fucking everything...from all sides on this issue and pretty much any other in the political realm in the US.

Now, let me ask....just what useful purpose was served by posting this old hit piece from the left leaning Atlantic....beside signalling virtue and poking some folks in the ribs? Eh?

Last edited:
So, a Canadian feels impelled has to dig up a hit piece on a USA President (yes, Trump) from 9 months ago and post it...really?

Ok, while we are strolling down memory lane, do you remember, at the VERY SAME TIME as this article was published, the red hot outrage and absolute assertions of racism by media and Dem politicians when he closed...mostly...the border to China then Europe? The howling was incredible until later a great many of the VERY SAME voice started howling that he didn't close the borders early enough.

I'm no fan of Trump at all and think that MY country is better off with Biden, well known as both a nice guy and a do nothing idiot.

But I am completely and utterly over the double talk, finger pointing, rampant hypocrisy, and politicization of...well, just about fucking everything...from all sides on this issue.

Now, let me ask....just what useful purpose was there to posting this hit piece from the left leaning Atlantic beside signalling virtue and poking some folks in the ribs? Eh?
Never heard of the term hit piece , this article was forwarded to me by a relative and I found it a informative representation of the state of the virus a year ago. Proactive measures at that time may have saved us from some of the damage this pandemic has inflicted on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back