Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
... we just went full retard on this one...

View attachment 24613
:uhh: :mental:
37xc6h.jpg

And as a bonus on the topic of abject stupidity

stupid-is-as-stupid-does_fb_7159197.jpg

Didn't especially want to look this up, based on the terrible headline. And didn't read the entire article. But don't overlook:

creating 68 new jobs in the province as a result

2.5M/68=38K. Not necessarily a bad investment. And it's Toronto. Canada still has a shot. Context is everything.

Beeping's a bit much, IMO.

Perhaps our fine Canadian members will weigh in.

If the technology functions as intended, it sounds like a great idea!
Yeah, great fucking idea....next, we'll put a shock collar on you and if you don't behave we will have you neutered and an RFID tag inserted under your pelt...er, skin.

Yeah, great idea :BangHead: :rant:

1613771370765.png

Last edited:
Any measure... no matter how silly most think it is.... is a good measure.
It may not be for everyone, but whatever it takes to remind the user that health concerns matter is valuable..
in 100 people, if 50 wore masks, and 30 socially distanced correctly, that leaves 20 unaccounted for.
If the beeping device appeals to them, and reminds them to distance, then 20 people are safer due to a device appealing to them.
Any reminder is a good reminder, and any pro-active measure is a positive one.
This is my opinion.
The ONLY reason, that I care about others taking measures is for the public good.
Those that do not care about the public good, can die for all I care.
They just should not be allowed to drag the general public down with them.
If the country opted to move all of the "no vaccine" and "no mask" people to their own state,
I would feel good about it.
This way all of the dissidents and whiners can live happily together, and the socially responsible public
can stay safer... and the bonus would be that the socially responsible citizens would not have to hear the self-centered population's whining!
Of course, I exaggerate my position a small amount, to make my feelings clear...
But for every crybaby out there screaming "my body my rights", there are a dozens of others affected by their selfishness.

Last edited:
Any measure... no matter how silly most think it is.... is a good measure.
Sorry, mate....but that's nothing but baloney to me also.

Cheers

Sorry, mate
No need to apologize.
No need to be "sorry".
Yeah, but it annoys others.
If they can make this technology, they can make it with an EarPod, or a simple vibration.
This is my opinion.
I stated my opinion.
One of my happiest days since the pandemic began was the day they started issuing
citations and fines to those in public places without masks.
I love my dispensary.
They have 2 security guards, and no-one is allowed on the property or in parking lot without masks.

Last edited:
Head of the CDC and President Biden both follow the science and they say the schools should be open now.
Why are the teachers fighting going back to work?

Fear?
Laziness?
The quoted reason for their not wanting to go back to classroom is:
... teachers in many areas have balked at that plan, saying they don't feel safe being in a classroom until they are given the opportunity to get vaccinated against ...
My girlfriend is a high school teacher.
She's been teaching her classes via Zoom.
Teachers get early priority for immunization, and she's had the 1st shot, and is due for the booster.
She will go back to class after the second shot.
Without pay, she will be offering each class twice... once in the classroom, and once online for the kids that are at risk, or are afraid to come until they too are vaccinated. Generous and conscientious of her!

Reactions: arb
she's had the 1st shot
Was it the Pfizer vaccine? Looks like good news.

Early rate reductions of SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 in BNT162b2 vaccine recipients​

Published:February 18, 2021DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(21)00448-7

In December, 2020, the Israeli Government approved the BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine and initiated a national immunisation campaign prioritising health-care workers (HCWs), as in other countries.This campaign coincided with a third wave of COVID-19, peaking at 10 116 daily new cases by mid-January, 2021. The Sheba Medical Centre, Israel's largest hospital with 9647 HCWs, began staff vaccination on Dec 19, 2020. All HCWs, excluding those with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, were eligible for vaccination. Clinical trial data of BNT162b2 vaccine estimated an early vaccine efficacy in preventing COVID-19 of 52·4% before dose two, and 90.5% on days 2–7 after dose two. A recent analysis of BNT162b2 vaccine data estimated vaccine efficacy of 89–91% during days 15–28 after the first dose. We examined early reductions in SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 rates in vaccinated HCWs.

I like @Vitolo walking stick low tech approach better.
My wife was glad to get back in the classroom...once safe as it was a lot less time-consuming than teaching from home. It was even worse when the schools first started back up as student attendance was optional so she had to do online and classroom teaching. Quite frankly people that think teachers have it easy or are lazy just have no real idea how much goes on behind the scenes to educate the sawn-off little savages. :twocents:

As if on cue, an updated analysis of herd immunity accounting for vaccines and variants from the New York Times (includes methodology).

When Could the United States Reach Herd Immunity? It’s Complicated.

By Matthew Conlen and Charlie Smart
Feb. 20, 2021

What if a more contagious variant spreads?​

A more contagious variant of the virus, like the one first identified in Britain that is now spreading throughout the United States, could further complicate the path to herd immunity.

If the virus becomes more contagious, the threshold for herd immunity will go up. It may be hard for vaccines to keep pace, and precautions will be even more necessary to stem the spread.

The spread of new virus variants makes it impossible to put a firm date on when we’ll reach herd immunity or when the pandemic will end. There’s a chance a mutation could lead to a version of the virus that doesn’t respond to existing immunity, leading us to start the journey to herd immunity all over again.

Dr. [Bruce Y.:nunchuks:] Lee said that coronaviruses have relatively high mutation rates and that it is likely that new variants of the virus will continue to emerge. “The question will be how different might these variants be,” he said. If a variant of the virus stops responding to the vaccine, “it will then be a matter of determining whether and when new vaccines will need to be produced.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back