Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow the guidance of respected medical professionals not the nonsensical bullshit spewed by a bunch of conspiracy theorist.
The “Canadian doctors “ in this

Sounds like you are cherry picking your information to fit your bias.........the hallmark of conspiracy theorists.
Just saying that the finger for that type of accusation is pointing both ways for both sides.
Seems the waters have been muddied enough no one knows the truth........another hallmark of a hustle.

I follow the guidance of respected medical professionals not the nonsensical bullshit spewed by a bunch of conspiracy theorist.
The “Canadian doctors “ in this video are not the creme de la creme of physicians in Canada. What I find problematic is the distortion and manipulation of facts and data to create an alternative reality.
Us covid deaths per million 1640
Canada covid deaths per million 590
Japan covid deaths per million 67
This is reality what is the variable ?
So you think, for example, that the mortality probabilities by age group he presented are false?

dunno. Didn’t watch whole thing nor fact check him.

Cannabis and Covid 19 are like comparing apples and oranges. Not trying to argue but I disagree with your examples. My prediction - cannabis will eventually be legal In the UK.

edit
i feel sorry for the employees in the states where the governors have lifted the mask mandates, opens them up for getting covid. The employees wear a mask but that’s not completely safe. People have to work they are left with no choice. It’s spring break in many areas, we haven’t learned our lesson in some states. Folk are worried the covid cases will skyrocket. If masks aren’t mandated a lot of people won’t wear them. Peer pressure.

We had 7 cases of covid yesterday in my county, we have lifted gyms and restaurants by 50% and everyone is required to wear masks. The reason our cases are so low is because we are continuing to be cautious. We have 15% of our folks that have gotten the vaccination in my county probably another 10% have had covid. We are making progress because we all have a goal of stomping down this virus. I feel more hopeful now than I have had in almost a year. At first we didn’t realize how long this would last.

Next fall the virus will be back but hope not to the degree like this past year. We are working towards immunity but we have to be careful of the variants. Covid will continue to mutate.

Last edited:
From that far right media outlet....CBS News! haha Make of it what you will

Virus tolls similar despite governors’ contrasting actions

Nearly a year after California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered the nation’s first statewide shutdown because of the coronavirus, masks remain mandated, indoor dining and other activities are significantly limited, and Disneyland remains closed.

By contrast, Florida has no statewide restrictions. Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has prohibited municipalities from fining people who refuse to wear masks. And Disney World has been open since July.

Despite their differing approaches, California and Florida have experienced almost identical outcomes in COVID-19 case rates.

How have two states that took such divergent tacks arrived at similar points?

“This is going to be an important question that we have to ask ourselves: What public health measures actually were the most impactful, and which ones had negligible effect or backfired by driving behavior underground?” said Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.

Though research has foundthat mask mandates and limits on group activities such as indoor dining can help slow the spread of the coronavirus, states with greater government-imposed restrictions have not always fared better than those without them.

California and Florida both have a COVID-19 case rate of around 8,900 per 100,000 residents since the pandemic began, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And both rank in the middle among states for COVID-19 death rates — Florida was 27th as of Friday; California was 28th.

Connecticut and South Dakota are another example. Both rank among the 10 worst states for COVID-19 death rates. Yet Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont, a Democrat, imposed numerous statewide restrictions over the past year after an early surge in deaths, while South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, a Republican, issued no mandates as virus deaths soared in the fall.

While Lamont ordered quarantines for certain out-of-state visitors, Noem launched a $5 million tourism advertising campaign and welcomed people to a massive motorcycle rally, which some health experts said spread the coronavirus throughout the Midwest.

Both contend their approach is the best.

“Even in a pandemic, public health policy needs to take into account people’s economic and social well-being,” Noem said during a recent conservative convention.

Lamont recently announced that he is lifting capacity limits at retail stores, restaurants and other facilities, effective March 19. But bars that don’t serve food will remain closed and a mask mandate will continue.

“This is not Texas. This is not Mississippi. This is Connecticut,” Lamont said, referencing other states that recently lifted mask mandates.

“We’re finding what works is wearing the mask, social distancing and vaccinations,” he said.

As new COVID-19 cases decrease nationally, governors in more than half the states have taken actions during past two weeks to end or ease coronavirus restrictions, according to an Associated Press tally. Some capacity limits ended Friday in Maryland and Oklahoma. Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York and Wyoming are relaxing restrictions in the coming week.

In almost all cases, governors have lauded their approach to the pandemic, while critics have accused them of being too stringent or too lax.

California’s slow reopening is expected to gain steam in April. But Republicans in California are helping organize a recall effort against Newsom that has drawn nearly 2 million petition signatures from people frustrated over his long-lasting limits on businesses, church gatherings and people’s activities. He also faces intense pressure over public school closures and the glacial pace of getting them reopened.

Newson asserted that California has been a leader in combating the virus while delivering his State of the State addressthis past week from Dodger Stadium, where the empty seats roughly equaled the state’s 55,000 COVID-19 deaths.

“From the earliest days of this pandemic, California trusted in science and data, and we met the moment,” Newsom said.

He added: “We’re not going to change course just because of a few naysayers and doomsayers.”

In his own State of the State address, DeSantis asserted that Florida was in better shape than others because its businesses and schools are open. Florida’s unemployment rate ranked below the national average, and significantly lower than California’s, at the start of this year.

“While so many other states kept locking people down over these many months, Florida lifted people up,” DeSantis said.

Determining which approach is best is more complicated than just looking at statewide policies and overall case rates.

Like Florida, Missouri had no statewide mask mandate, ended business restrictions last June and has a cumulative COVID-19 death rate similar to California’s. In the absence of statewide orders, many of the largest cities in Florida and Missouri imposed their own mask requirements and business restrictions. In Missouri, that meant about half the population was still subject to mask mandates.

Republican Gov. Mike Parson has touted “a balanced approach” to the pandemic that left many public health decisions up to local officials and allowed Missouri’s economy “to come back strong.” New COVID-19 cases and unemployment are both low, and consumer spending has returned to pre-pandemic levels, Parson said this past week.

State health director Randall Williams believes residents heeded Parson’s call to voluntarily mask up when Missouri’s coronavirus cases spiked last fall to some of the highest levels nationally.

Public health experts said individual choices could help explain the similar outcomes among some states with loose or strict orders from the governor.

Some people voluntarily were “being more vigilant in states where the guidelines are more relaxed,” said Thomas Tsai, an assistant professor at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Yet in states with more government mandates, “people generally in public were wearing masks and following the guidelines, but in private they were letting down their guard and less vigilant,” he said.

Imposing strict measures, like forbidding families from visiting grandparents and friends from gathering, is like taking an abstinence-only approach to combating drug use and sexually transmitted disease, said Adalja, of Johns Hopkins University.

Some will comply. But other “people are going to do those activities, anyway,” he said.

“This is going to be an important question that we have to ask ourselves: What public health measures actually were the most impactful, and which ones had negligible effect or backfired by driving behavior underground?” said Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.
IMO this ^^ is the only thing we can count on.....that is, we will not know and understand what REALLY happened until viewed in retrospect some years down the road

And, despite all of the "You Must Do This" and "No, You Don't Have to Do That" back and forth.....and I don't care how many times I hear that self-righteous trope, "follow the science", mostly from politicians who have zero understanding of the science....we really do not know what has/has not been effective and what has/has not been government nannyism and overreach or government laissez faire and irresponsible misfeasance.

IMO this ^^ is the only thing we can count on.....that is, we will not know and understand what REALLY happened until viewed in retrospect some years down the road

And, despite all of the "You Must Do This" and "No, You Don't Have to Do That" back and forth.....and I don't care how many times I hear that self-righteous trope, "follow the science", mostly from politicians who have zero understanding of the science....we really do not know what has/has not been effective and what has/has not been government nannyism and overreach or government laissez faire and irresponsible misfeasance.
You still got the vaccine.

You still got the vaccine.
You speaking about me personally?

yes, I got vaccinated but I’m not sure how that’s related.

One thing we do know, that actually wearing a mask the right way will cut down on covid cases and keeping your distance as well. I agree the whole covid pandemic needs to be studied in retrospect when this nightmare is over.
I’m sure we will find out that 1000 people block parties and large rallies helped to spread this pandemic. All not wearing a mask.
We will find bars and restaurants were not a good idea to keep open during a pandemic either. When people get drunk they do stupid stuff.

i remember the large crowds coming back from Europe shoulder to shoulder in the airports back last spring. I cringed thinking OMG they will be spreading this virus everywhere. In retrospect that should have been handled differently. Very stupid
managing right from the get go.

@Bcbud i can’t agree more, another reason to wear a mask.

Last edited:
1615689833106.jpeg

You were convinced enough about the science as it was presented to you to get the shot...........I think was my point but can't say for sure now.
No, I determined that for me at 68 with two MI’s and a third stent and smoked for 41 years that the probability of this shot being beneficial for me outweighed the risk of it being detrimental.

if that’s “following the science” so be it. But I don’t view it I those terms and frankly if I never hear that empty fucking trope again it will be too soon. IMO that was a slogan used by partisan politicians; most of whom wouldn’t know science if you beat them over the fucking head w it.

of course some of our geriatric politicians wouldn’t know their own name if you beat them with that! LOL

PS - just to be clear, I meant on both sides of the aisle. Cheers.

Last edited:
Geert Vanden Bossche, PhD, DVM, is a vaccine research expert. He has a long list of companies and organizations he’s worked with on vaccine discovery and preclinical research, including GSK, Novartis, Solvay Biologicals, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Dr Vanden Bossche also coordinated the Ebola vaccine program at GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization).

He is board-certified in Virology and Microbiology, the author of over 30 publications, and inventor of a patent application for universal vaccines. He currently works as an independent vaccine research consultant.
(no way to disable that cheesy background music)

One thing we do know, that actually wearing a mask the right way will cut down on covid cases and keeping your distance as well.
Well, I'm not sure we "know" this vs "think" this. I have set a very high bar for "know"

Again, I point out the very close similarities in case count and deaths between CA and FL though each have had very different approaches to mask, restaurants, events, etc.

I wear a mask due to state/local requirements and because there is some possibility it will keep me safer. But do I "know"?....no. haha

Virus tolls similar despite governors’ contrasting actions

Last edited:
Just got my appointment for my first part of the vaccine for Wednesday. Second shot not until mid April. @Madri-Guy has had both parts, so there is less worry each day. We still do the serious re-entry, but I don't want anything brought home from the hospital, so I think it stays in the routine.
It's been a long year. Let's hope we are all safe soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...retirement-battles-covid-aftermath-2021-3?amp

Doesn't just attack the old and unhealthy
Fulla has lingering and ongoing issues preventing him train atm too

I think if he could he would be fighting and getting paid not pretending for a conspiracy....

Very frustrating that there is a percentage of the population here in the U.S that refuse to use a mask and keep their distance. Also many that aren’t getting vaccinated, which is their choice. I’m worried that this will keep the percentage of sick high and deaths as well. It will prolong our need to get our lives back. We still have over a 1000 people every day die - can’t get used to that.

I guess I should just live my life and not worry about the rest, it’s hard for me. Europe is having a 4th wave, I don’t want that here. We seem to be a few weeks behind Europe with all the covid waves. From what I read Europe is behind in vaccinactions.

My family is meeting together for Easter dinner this year. Most of us will have had our vaccines by then. I haven’t been with my older brother and his wife since summer. Also I’ve only talked with my aunt over the phone for almost a year. I haven’t been able to hug my granddaughters, now I will be able to. It’s been really hard for everyone.

Our local high school started back two days a week today - there’s progress.

Last edited:
Looking like all us conspiracy nut jobs gonna get to say "i told you so" soon.....

Lots of reports of blood clots killing people after the vaccine.. lots of euro countries gonna pull it...
One big fuck off shit show is this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back