Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

@felvapes , were they normal 2.5" pucks sewn one end and folded on the other?
Can you tell which end blew out, did it also rip your parchment paper as well?
Bad luck either way.
Everything was as normal and every other press
I cut the bag and fold both ends as I always have and mentioned a while back
Less seam and corners to catch rosin

It isn't leaking out the folds
It is bursting through the bag

The folds are still in tact either side
Oven paper is fine

Possibly
3 in a row is a lot
They say guaranteed not to burst on the package
I hadn't had any issues with the previous runs though

I guess we will see how 9g goes

I used to buy my bags where I bought the plates, low temp plates. After going through several hundred I got some that squeezed out the plates about 4/5 times. They were too wide, sometimes squeezing out both sides.

I got no satisfaction from low temp plates, so I tried some off Amazon, didn't like them and finally found Arizona press.

I've went through about 400 bags from them now, and rarely have a bag related problem anymore. So bags can make a difference.

I always have and mentioned a while back
Just checking as you said you were doing all different sized loads rather than just 10g, maybe these seamless bags would suit you better, no stitching to rob your yield, not cheap though, your decision but compared to the price of concentrates are they expensive?
I am going to get some oil slick pressing silicon paper purely on how easy it looks to use, expensive compared to parchment paper but still cheap overall compared to buying concentrates (if you can even get them)

Just checking as you said you were doing all different sized loads rather than just 10g, maybe these seamless bags would suit you better, no stitching to rob your yield, not cheap though, your decision but compared to the price of concentrates are they expensive?
I am going to get some oil slick pressing silicon paper purely on how easy it looks to use, expensive compared to parchment paper but still cheap overall compared to buying concentrates (if you can even get them)
I was only squishing a two g bud no bag to test conditions and then a 10 g squish in pucks
As I mentioned in previous posts

The current 3 in a row as explained were exactly the same as all my successful squishes

Where do you orientate the side seam of the bag, I always point that to the front(if I remember) to give the rosin a spout to pour from.
Did you check for any misalignment problems in the press?

Where do you orientate the side seam of the bag, I always point that to the front(if I remember) to give the rosin a spout to pour from.
Did you check for any misalignment problems in the press?
Everything was exactly the same as prior

3 squishes in row

The bags are splitting - not the seam
The bags are splitting

Now let me get this straight, the hydraulic pump is leaking?...hehe
Sorry for asking the obvious, but you know how it is, sometimes one can overlook what should be obvious, ever watched air crash investigation?
Anyway, fucked if I know what is happening, at least you can repress and not lose too much to the puck pile.

maybe these seamless bags would suit you better
I only posted this as you don't like sewing seams, not because of the blowout problems, I like the sound of seamless, like a sock a bit I suppose.

Last edited:
I understand it may seem like the bag itself is the problem when you have 3 presses in a row all blowout. Roger is going to do some testing at the factory. We wouldn't rule it out, but we haven't changed our manufacturer, perhaps they are a different lot, that I am not positive. With pm40r we suggest rosineers use between 7-12g materials. 12g is really on the upper end and is more suited to say a kief where it can compress smaller and leave a lot less plant matter stuck in the filter

The density of material we suggest is no more than 2g per sq/in of flower, so at 10g in the pm4r with 2.5" round puck we are right near 2g per sq/in. Riding the edge in risk of blowout. You may be able to reduce it only half a gram to test if it is the material density causing the filter to split, or if it's a weak mesh. The other factors to consider is did you use the plastic sheets to slide the puck in the filter? It's possible a burr on the puck compromised the filter when inserting. Excess stems are problems. Filter not centered, meaning, the seams are lopsided as viewed from the bottom. There are a lot of variables but we can talk about it!

I look forward to your results with 9g, no more blowouts please!

I understand it may seem like the bag itself is the problem when you have 3 presses in a row all blowout. Roger is going to do some testing at the factory. We wouldn't rule it out, but we haven't changed our manufacturer, perhaps they are a different lot, that I am not positive. With pm40r we suggest rosineers use between 7-12g materials. 12g is really on the upper end and is more suited to say a kief where it can compress smaller and leave a lot less plant matter stuck in the filter

The density of material we suggest is no more than 2g per sq/in of flower, so at 10g in the pm4r with 2.5" round puck we are right near 2g per sq/in. Riding the edge in risk of blowout. You may be able to reduce it only half a gram to test if it is the material density causing the filter to split, or if it's a weak mesh. The other factors to consider is did you use the plastic sheets to slide the puck in the filter? It's possible a burr on the puck compromised the filter when inserting. Excess stems are problems. Filter not centered, meaning, the seams are lopsided as viewed from the bottom. There are a lot of variables but we can talk about it!

I look forward to your results with 9g, no more blowouts please!
I always use the plastic sliders, they are very helpful
I usually destem and break the buds quite small but will go even smaller next time
I try to keep the seam centred mainly as I can be OCD like that...lol

But I will pay extra attention to the things you mentioned and try a smaller load next time

I have had extremely small blowouts in the past, but they were tiny and not a thing really, I figured it was coz I go to 3000

But these have been proper blowouts that I have to stop the press and early in at only 15-2000

I always use the plastic sliders, they are very helpful
I usually destem and break the buds quite small but will go even smaller next time
I try to keep the seam centred mainly as I can be OCD like that...lol

But I will pay extra attention to the things you mentioned and try a smaller load next time

I have had extremely small blowouts in the past, but they were tiny and not a thing really, I figured it was coz I go to 3000

But these have been proper blowouts that I have to stop the press and early in at only 15-2000

Right, that is the part that gets me, bursting at low pressure.

Here's my last 10g puck I did, I used 3500 PSI on the gauge? Maybe a little more it's up around the air bubble ;) I did start to see compromising at the stitching and then some ripping at the very top but no blowouts.

@felvapes do you pre press? And do you do any heat soak?

I apply light pressure for 30 seconds, then crank up the pressure. That seems to help.

And my set up is different but I always pre press. The harder the puck is in pre pressing the better it does when squeezed. Some varieties, like blue dream, are less dense and stay spongy unless I do a tight pre press.

The right moisture helps with the puck tightness and density as well.

Right, that is the part that gets me, bursting at low pressure.

Here's my last 10g puck I did, I used 3500 PSI on the gauge? Maybe a little more it's up around the air bubble ;) I did start to see compromising at the stitching and then some ripping at the very top but no blowouts.

That's how mine usually look
Maybe a tiny pimple pops out
I have been to 3500 before too

But these 3 at low pressure early in squish have blown out in multiple places around the puck
More than when I've folded and resquished

Unless it's stem I've missed I don't know what it could be

These have fit in the press easier too
Not as tight fitting as some I've done

Yes I pre press to make the puck
I heat soak a little and as I slowly pump before it gets any pressure it's about 30 seconds anyway

I've never had these issues before
It's not something I didn't learn to do

Unless it's stems I can only think bags

I am sure I could get 14g pucks in between the plates of the press, I usually have to close the plates a fair bit to get them to hold the folds down on my pucks.
The website says it is good for up to 28g, I stick with 10g as it makes the meth easier!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back