Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

Today's consumables,
1610098699019.jpg

Didnt know where to post this... but....

I can buy one of these dirt cheap today...

IMG-20210116-WA0001.jpg

Its a dabbie...
My question is... is there any point or is it just a pile of goo burning wank.....???
I could probably get it for a tenna....

Yeah like 12 dollars... is it worth a punt..
Well, are the batts replaceable? If not what shape are they in? If the answers are 'No' and 'Not great', it ain't worth poo, imo...

Edit: Case and grinder(?) could be worth it alone and any other accessories it may come with...?

Plus it could be a pretty cheap, fun way to get all your vape glass smashing joys outta the way for a bit....?

Last edited:
This just reminded me I have one of these...in a cupboard somewhere...not much good from memory.
I will find it tomorrow and give it a run, don't think I have even used my rosin in it, just reclaim poo!
In my sig, HEnail Portable dabber

Reading the fc thread I wouldn't risk it at any higher price
For $12 why not give it a go and let us know what you think?

It's a cheap risk to take at that price and if you don't like it a cheap gift for you to give someone else
Well, are the batts replaceable? If not what shape are they in? If the answers are 'No' and 'Not great', it ain't worth poo, imo...

Edit: Case and grinder(?) could be worth it alone and any other accessories it may come with...?

Plus it could be a pretty cheap, fun way to get all your vape glass smashing joys outta the way for a bit....?
This just reminded me I have one of these...in a cupboard somewhere...not much good from memory.
I will find it tomorrow and give it a run, don't think I have even used my rosin in it, just reclaim poo!
In my sig, HEnail Portable dabber

For a few quid yeah i probably gonna do it.. case is nice..
@LesPlenty i look forward to hearing your disappointment...

I know it at least came with a good battery, it is called 'Surefire' :rofl:

I wonder who's bright idea it was to use the term fire in battery names? I hope they have been fired since.
Surefire is a mil/leo manufactory comp,the make flashlights,mounts and sights. They sell huge B bin (second class)packs of batteries for unites , contractors and business .Someone found out that the sell cheap and bulk, they just ordered to supply their inventory, just my guess...

Even better than a SureFire, mine actually has a 'BestFire' battery, I actually enjoyed the Ti better than the ceramic bowl and will use it more now I have tried it with some decent product. I actually got it well before my rosin press to try vape reclaim collected from ArizerAir stems with iso. :dog:
1610862737975.jpg

And the dab,
1610869903164.jpg

"Currently" at Chez Bologna... 8 is the goal with Cherry Pie LR at 400deg as the vehicle. Animal Face is pictured cuz this was taken before my first dab earlier, but it looks pretty much exactly the same otherwise:
1610977618242.png

To quote the MAN, the LEGEND, with what I've been saying since well before I ever first e-met him back in 2017 early on in the MV1 thread on FC (one of the first members that was actually genuinely nice to me, too), @ataxian... "CIVILIZED!"

(bummer is he powns that now on the vape forumz....!!! :disgust::weed::cheers:bonghit:smoke::nod::peace:)

Last edited:
The Rosin nebula as seen through the LPmacroscope,
1611822548641.jpg

This was a sample press (10g buds) from my last crop that has been burped/cured for a couple of months and is about to be vacuum-sealed, the smell is quite strong...lavender/pine?
Pressed at 99C(210f), 10g bottle tech 40mm puck, 3.5 minutes total time on the press at 2500psi added slowly hitting 2000psi at 2 minutes, 2500psi at 2.5 mins for the rest...19.1% return...not bad!

Damn..........why so hot?
I say why not!

I quite often press a low temp of 77c (170f) to 85c (185F) then collect, repress at higher and collect then I will do another fresh 10g puck at the higher temp and always enjoy my hotter pressed stuff even if it can be a bit chirpier/scratchy on the throat with bigger dabs.

99c is still low compared to some and I have tried much higher but found 95c to 99c the upper limit for me with this strain.

This was also a sample run of the last harvest buds so only the 1x10g puck was made.
Only having one strain for a while again makes a guy experiment a bit for variety.

I say why not!

I quite often press a low temp of 77c (170f) to 85c (185F) then collect, repress at higher and collect then I will do another fresh 10g puck at the higher temp and always enjoy my hotter pressed stuff even if it can be a bit chirpier/scratchy on the throat with bigger dabs.

99c is still low compared to some and I have tried much higher but found 95c to 99c the upper limit for me with this strain.

This was also a sample run of the last harvest buds so only the 1x10g puck was made.
Only having one strain for a while again makes a guy experiment a bit for variety.
I seem to get sappy kind of sour product at that temp but the lower does bite the throat a bit more.
The higher seems a bit more sedative maybe?

When I do the second press on the puck that was already pressed at a lower temp I will get from 0.2 to 0.4g of really dark oil...I dab that stuff late at night to help with making me drowsy.

I only ever got sappy rosin from older buds that were not given the full treatment for storage...low temp press for my strain=grainy like crunchy peanut butter, higher=pull and snap (I prefer this form as I can lay a little rosin snake in my Halo dab rig).

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back