Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

My new rosin bags are great, pushed the second press to 3000psi (2750 would cause blowouts with my Dabpress and other branded jobs)
View attachment 32804
The heavy pressure, higher temp is on the right if you could not guess. :thumbsup:
All micron sizes you could want to choose from...dirt cheap(US$0.34ea)!

Getting ready to squeeze the trigger on a press
Rosin is my favorite concentrate and the prices at the dispensary are a bit high
Any recommendations on brand of press and strains to look for pressing
Paying $25-$30 for a half gram at the medical dispensary

Getting ready to squeeze the trigger on a press
Rosin is my favorite concentrate and the prices at the dispensary are a bit high
Any recommendations on brand of press and strains to look for pressing
Paying $25-$30 for a half gram at the medical dispensary
Hahaha
Here it goes for $100-200 (AUD) a gram for rosin
Black market only
Can get bubble hash through the medical avenues though, but it's only 55% so a lot of plant material still in there - I think it was around $160ish (AUD) for 3 grams from the chemist

I have a 10t dabpress and have nothing but love for it
Had a slug before that - it's a great paper weight - or if you were out bush and had a torch and vice it would be useful
The slug is okay but only makes small amounts

The dabpress does a brilliant job with more material
The quality vs price compared to other setups is pretty hard to beat
Its one of my favourite purchases

Can anyone elaborate on the difference between manual and electronic press?
I know there is a lot of info in the posts but everything changes so quickly
As a newbie I just want to state that it is hard to sort out all the opinions and anecdotes
Information can become obsolete in weeks or even days

Its one of my favourite purchases
All the vapes need to be feed and Dabpress are great for the price.
The 6ton model would be your best bet as the 10t has not been available for quite some time. Many have mentioned the much smaller footprint of the all-in-one 4/6ton is a fair trade for not having a gauge as the 10t that @felvapes and I own have a separate hydraulic pump and great bloody hose that attaches it to the press(that you buy seperately).
1641388136496.png

Another option I have seen a few peeps get due to Dabpress being unavailable in EU (220v) is Graveda, with a gauge,
1641387885093.png

Or driptech without a gauge,
1641387970727.png

So how much room have you got will help you decide.

Edit...electric ram auto units are pretty new...hydraulics/jacks are old tech and reliable.

Last edited:
All the vapes need to be feed and Dabpress are great for the price.
The 6ton model would be your best bet as the 10t has not been available for quite some time. Many have mentioned the much smaller footprint of the all-in-one 4/6ton is a fair trade for not having a gauge as the 10t that @felvapes and I own have a separate hydraulic pump and great bloody hose that attaches it to the press(that you buy seperately).
View attachment 32813
Another option I have seen a few peeps get due to Dabpress being unavailable in EU (220v) is Graveda, with a gauge,
View attachment 32811
Or driptech without a gauge,
View attachment 32812
So how much room have you got will help you decide.

Edit...electric ram auto units are pretty new...hydraulics/jacks are old tech and reliable.

Thought it was wild seeing the hydraulic jack I use to lift my car to change tires fitted into some sort of press system
Have issues with my shoulders (torn rotator cuff on one side, bursitis on the other)
My hands are a mess from various activities
Just trying to weigh the nuances of pressing against paying $60 a gram
Probably come down to pressing on my good days like everything else
Freezing rain right now
The pain radiates out

Thought it was wild seeing the hydraulic jack I use to lift my car to change tires fitted into some sort of press system
Have issues with my shoulders (torn rotator cuff on one side, bursitis on the other)
My hands are a mess from various activities
Just trying to weigh the nuances of pressing against paying $60 a gram
Probably come down to pressing on my good days like everything else
Freezing rain right now
The pain radiates out
Although it says a 10t press and pump

The pump isn't very hard to use and you only need to go to 1500-3000 (I usually sit around 2000)
So there isn't loads of pressure and strength needed/used to do an actual squish at all
You may find it is doable with little effort for you

Otherwise, you have identified a purpose for the auto units that cost more

Have issues with my shoulders
I retired hurt 20 years ago after a blown shoulder so I feel your pain...the car jack types listed above, Dabpress or Graveda both require a lot of physical effort to get the higher pressures from the videos I watched. This was the main reason along with having a gauge for picking the 10t Dabpress for me as the hydraulic pump is capable of 9500psi but as @felvapes said you will never go over 3000psi so you only have to pump up to a 1/3rd of the pump's capacity in contrast if you get a 3ton bottle jack set up you will need to max it out to get a high enough pressure and that will take some effort.

I retired hurt 20 years ago after a blown shoulder so I feel your pain...the car jack types listed above, Dabpress or Graveda both require a lot of physical effort to get the higher pressures from the videos I watched. This was the main reason along with having a gauge for picking the 10t Dabpress for me as the hydraulic pump is capable of 9500psi but as @felvapes said you will never go over 3000psi so you only have to pump up to a 1/3rd of the pump's capacity in contrast if you get a 3ton bottle jack set up you will need to max it out to get a high enough pressure and that will take some effort.

Probably go with the 10 ton press
Just the tiny bit of understanding I have about the process makes me think my shoulders and hands could be an issue
They keep rescheduling my surgeries

Amazon product ASIN B09LT41KJM
Any thoughts

Any thoughts
Surgery made my shoulder worse!
But as far as presses go I have already forgotten how much my Dabpress cost but it was a buy once, cry once type of thing as the quality is way above what you normally get from China warehouses...if you really want the top of the range, NV looks to be the place to shop but they are crazy expensive. ..my press will last a lifetime the NV will last 3?:twocents:

Most your vapes come out of or have parts that come out of China
Most of your cars whatever the brand you choose comes out of or has parts made in china - your $100,000 range rover is 50/50 Indian Chinese

I reckon my vapes and press is very China like these days - as in good quality - it's not the same as when we were kids

Hapo was crying poor and can't afford "drugs" or qtips, but has a rosin press, numerous bought trates in pics and owns/has owned mostly expensive top of the price range vapes
Maybe you did self describe as a troll aptly ... Lol

My 10t dabpress shipped with the pump and gauge luckily
Others did have to buy separately
Is my favourite item purchased and I don't see it breaking in the near future

I don't know your injuries personally, but I do believe the press to be easy to use and a soft pumping action to the pressure needed
I believe most people could make this work for them easily enough

I actually looked at the following instead of the hand pump, not cheap but was half the price (if you shop around) of the hand pump that NV sold,
1641529788848.png

Luckily for me I went with the manual vrsion as it is really easy to pump with fine increases, I doubt the electric would have as fine a control.
My pump is similar to the one on the site now, not that skinny black unit,
1641531058339.png

I would say they change to whichever supplier is the cheapest when they get stock...cheap at US$140 when you look at the brand NV supply with their units

Last edited:
I actually looked at the following instead of the hand pump, not cheap but was half the price of the hand pump that NV sold,
View attachment 32874
Luckily for me I went with the manual vrsion as it is really easy to pump with fine increases, I doubt the electric would have as fine a control.
My pump is similar to the one on the site now, not that skinny black unit,
View attachment 32876
I would say they change to whichever supplier is the cheapest when they get stock...cheap at US$140 when you look at the brand NV supply with their units
Mine is the same as the picture you showed too

I think the auto pump would have less control and fine tune as you mentioned
I also think it would be rather noisy and annoying
I've seen a few videos of auto presses and they are noisy too

I guess an auto would be more accurate to the point, but I get pretty repeatable results with my manual

I've seen a few videos of auto presses and they are noisy too
The noisy ones are air operated, the one I pictured are not too bad.

The noisy ones are air operated, the one I pictured are not too bad.
Yea I've seen both in videos
Air ones are very noisy
Even electric ones I've seen make some noise though compared to our ones

The one you posted does look pretty decent alhough
I'm happy with the hand set up for me

The one you posted could be a good solution for @Tincandtoke if they are unable to use the hand pump maybe

Last edited:
My new rosin bags are great, pushed the second press to 3000psi (2750 would cause blowouts with my Dabpress and other branded jobs)
View attachment 32804
The heavy pressure, higher temp is on the right if you could not guess. :thumbsup:
All micron sizes you could want to choose from...dirt cheap(US$0.34ea)!
I love ROSIN & your stuff decent 2-B dazed & Confused = ROSIN does a BIPEDAL homo Sapien well!

1641658782016.png

...this is the pump supplied with mine and now I have two...they didn't want the one with the leaky gauge back...

...that one works noticeably smoother than the one they sent that does not leak...they were labeled as automotive tools...

...I am pretty poor here...I can't afford the amount of weed I need to press...it just became legal to grow here in CT so the press may see some use soon...

...the cheapest weed here is aboot the same $$$ for 3.5 grams as .5 grams of the cheapest concentrate so i end up just buying and the press sits...

...I had some good presses and very much like the full spectrum rosin ...some presses were not so good...

...the variety of products at the dispensary has spoiled me...the growers have really upped their game in the last year or so...there is that...

..."I don't know your injuries personally, but I do believe the press to be easy to use and a soft pumping action to the pressure needed
I believe most people could make this work for them easily enough"...this...we don't pump up the pressure to the moon...you actually sort of take it easy...I still do not quite grasp why 10 ton press...we use maybe 1...

...I got this model because of it's design and quality not 10 tones...the separate pump with a gauge was a deciding factor...

Last edited:
Awesome information
I try to research everything but the changes happen by the day

Technique seems pretty important for yield
As long as I anchor the hand press well it should not be that hard

I usually have vacuum pumps and other loud contraptions going so what's one more

Growing is getting close but for now I want to see if I can talk to the dispensary about fresh flower
Can do cheap ounces from Maine to practice
Some $100 ounces to get the technique down
Yields will be low because the flower will probably be dry

.I still do not quite grasp why 10 ton press...we use maybe 1
If you do larger or multiple pucks at once you need the higher pressure. A single 40mm puck for me uses 2500psi, 2x 40mm puck uses 5000psi to get the same weight bearing down on the puck.
Yields will be low because the flower will probably be dry
You might get surprised as you will have more plant material for the same weight of flower that is still moist as we do not collect the water out of the buds when we press...you don't know until your press!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back